3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mort666 10.11.21 12:04 am

BIOS hangs

Good, I recently encountered the problem of freezing and restarting the PC. The first time sitting in the internet, the PC froze, rebooted abruptly. Further in the post-BIOS he suggested that I press either F1 or F2, I skipped it. Then I began to request the launch of Windows either as usual, or with the last successful configuration. I pressed normal boot, the Windows logo appeared and immediately rebooted. Then it did not start at all. I waited while googling. The reason, it seems, was in the battery. Replaced, at the same time cleaned from dust, like norms. It was all good for a week, but today it happened again. The question is, what could it be? Measured temperatures, standards everywhere. The railway checked for broken sectors, everything was buzzing.
5 Comments
Sort by:
D
Demian averon 10.11.21

Check the screw (HDD SCAN, HDD TUNE), Operative. It is also possible a SATA cable to the screw (there was a similar case, changed the cable, everything worked out). Still, I sin more on RAM. Better yet, throw the computer config into the studio.

m
mort666 10.11.21

Demian Averon
Win7 ultimate x64, Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280-3Gb, 6Gb DDR3 (1333 Mhz), AMD Phenom II X4 965-3.4 Ghz, Seagate ST31000528AS-1Tb, Acer AL1916W-1440x900, Ice Hammer IH-4600, Thermaltake EVO Blue 550W, Asrock m3a Ucc Config.

m
mort666 10.11.21

I checked the HDD tune, that's what it gave out. PS understood nothing.

S
Sanchez ramirez 10.11.21

This is what SMART is talking about. It is recommended to replace the Sata cable. In an extreme case, at least just "distort" it, tk. the contacts of the connectors could oxidize. I also read about the occurrence of this error during overclocking.

And by the way, why does this "BIOS freeze"? Before I got into the topic, I thought about the processor or motherboard, but here ...

m
mort666 10.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
After another reboot, I decided to reset the BIOS settings. I started to move the arrows and that's it, it froze, only the reboot helped.
I also checked HDD Tune