3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Angelica04 10.11.21 12:04 am

(Spoilers) Ancient Tevinter Masters (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

My question arose, is there a mention of the other six masters in the game (the seventh luminary, as we already know). What happened to the rest? The architect is also a master or not?
21 Comments
Sort by:
a
a1one_X 10.11.21

Throughout the passage of the "Inquisition" I asked the same question - about the other masters, and was extremely disappointed in Bioware for ignoring such a fertile topic (I even naively believed that Solas was somehow connected with them). I also waited for the Architect to appear, but did not meet the slightest mention of him ... Just like Sendala ... Sheer disappointment ...

E
Eynart 10.11.21

Elsa ..
No, the Architect is a creature of darkness, just not very common. Here is an excerpt from the book "Call", which I am now reading:

- To your first question, - the emissary sang in a chant (in the book he looks like an ordinary garlock emissary), - the answer is: I am an Architect.
- Is that your name?
- We have no names. An architect is what I am, that's all. My other relatives do not have this either. They are just creatures of darkness.

The architect investigates the question of establishing "peace" between creatures and people, he also hears the call of dragons, like other PTs, but is endowed with reason. Now in the book, he watches how the gray guard Bregan, who came to the Deep Roads to die, changes. He was not allowed to die, now he is changing because of the filth that grows in him. And the Architect conducts small talk with him about the nature of creations and his "scientific" research, but does not clearly explain anything.

A
Angelica04 10.11.21

If they are all as tenacious as the Coryphaeus, then all six should be alive. Most likely either they are sitting in prisons or hiding. The game has already gone through so many mentions and did not find them. If they are forgotten, it would be extremely stupid on the part of the Biovarians, for they are not inferior in danger to the archdemon.

K
Kosolapyi1 10.11.21

The luminary, too, later became a product of darkness. Maybe the Architect too. Painfully they are very similar (externally).

P
Pit Lord 10.11.21

Personally, I think that the Architect is one of the masters

E
Eynart 10.11.21

Kosolapyi1
Pit Lord The
Architect in the book "The Call" says more than once that he is not familiar with human nature, he studied Bregan, read the ancient dwarf tomes in teigas, many of them were not clear to him, for example, he did not know what "day and night" is ... So he can't possibly be a former Tevinter Master. So the question of the Architect's human origin can be considered closed.

Angelica1999
Where did Elsa go ..?

A
Angelica04 10.11.21

alixey59
at my friend's page bequeathed to me) Itself now on the biovar forum mostly hangs out.

P
Pit Lord 10.11.21

alixey59
but in the same game, if you kill him, a rob of Tevinter origin falls from him and, in addition, in the game he does not look like in the book

A
Angelica04 10.11.21

Another interesting feature of the masters, before entering the city, they all came up with new names for themselves (as an option, they may have used their priestly names). You can read about this in the note of the slave Coryphaus in the shadows (where the inquisitor gets on the plot).

E
Eynart 10.11.21

Pit Lord
Another appearance of the Architect in the game can easily be the result of inconsistency between the designers and the scriptwriter (the book, like all the plots of the games, was written by one person - David Gaider).
Well, and the robe ... He will not walk naked, in the book he also wore some kind of brown robe, which he picked up somewhere. And given his possible age, he could have found her back in the days when the Tevinters were everywhere, for almost all of Thedas was their empire.

B
Bogovix 10.11.21

alixey59
But the Coryphaeus is also a product of darkness, he just does not obey the call, like the Architect.
And if we take the game appearance, then they are definitely masters, tk. they are very similar to each other.
And about his reasoning that he does not know anything, this does not prove anything, because he simply could have been so badly influenced that he lost his memory.

E
Eynart 10.11.21

Bogovix
could just be so badly affected that he lost his memory.
And the Coryphaus also lost his mind because of the filth? Or is he so insane from birth? : D

A
Angelica04 10.11.21

alixey59
From the note of his slave (in the shadows you can find) it follows that the Coryphaeus had a normal family - a wife, he treated slaves tolerably without unnecessary cruelty, before he had the idea to enter the shadow. As a priest, he was worried that people would lose faith in the dragon gods, then they came up with the idea to seize the golden city. As the high priest of the chief dragon of Dumat, he undoubtedly wielded immense power and influence. Which I could lose if faith in dragons disappeared completely. So the first time the Coryphaus also went to the city for fear of losing his power-influence in the empire, and maybe also for the sake of his faith. The motives of the other six masters may be similar to the past (as not as they were also priestesses), or maybe others.

E
Eynart 10.11.21

Angelica1999
Hmm ... But it's true, I also read this note, but somehow it flew out of my head.
But regarding the Architect, I still think that he should not be a master. If suddenly it becomes in future games or DLC, then I will be offended by biovars and Geider, tk. they already screwed up with him in the book and the game.

K
Kosolapyi1 10.11.21

Well, it's not just that Coryphaus and Architect are so similar

M
Merzon 10.11.21

I, like many, also thought about it. And, for example, in the same HoDA the Coryphaeus and the Architect are almost identical in their models. But the topic about the Architect on the Bioware website helped me finally to dispel all doubts. There was a link to another interesting site where David Gaider approved the Architect as a Master. Here is the link: www.bioware.ru/forum/topic/9697/?p=2627882

A
Angelica04 10.11.21

Merzon
This is great news, so he is alive anyway. Even there is a guard who "killed" him. And most likely he came to the fortress of the gray guards Weishaupt, and offered some kind of solution to the problem with the creatures of darkness. Because of this, they have formed two camps of those who are for and those who are against cooperation with the Architect. And as we know from the end of the Inquisition, no matter what you do with the guards, at the end they will say that it is not calm in Weishaupt, there are some disagreements. I really hope that this will be the plot of the next DLS. Even Solas is not that interesting to me.

U
UeArtemis 10.11.21

1. Coryphaus - High Priest of Dumat;
2. Architect - High Priest of Urtemiel;
3. Guardian - High Priest of Lusakan;
4. Blacksmith (Forgewright) - the high priest of Thoth;
5. Appraiser - High priest of Andorhal;
6. Augur - High Priest Razikal;
7. The madman is the high priest of Zazikel.

K
Katastrofik 10.11.21

Angelica04
In the DAI Codex, in the Letters and Notes section, number 48, there is a partial answer to your question, shedding light on part of the history of the Masters.

3ePo 10.11.21

there is a code about a gnome who met a talking creature of darkness who treated him to buns, friends thought him crazy, but another gnome remembers the story of his grandfather, who told him his grandfather told him, and that his ... about three strange creatures of darkness who argued about something and blamed each other, at the end one of them ate the other, and the other fled ... the architect could have eaten or escaped in any case because of this he could lose his memory, in 1 from fear, in 2 due to the combination of the personalities of two masters, i.e. .k they have a token of rebirth in spawn of darkness and guardians as archdemon) something like this