3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vlad_Epifanov 10.11.21 12:08 am

I bought a new RAM, now I'm worried

Hello everyone, I bought a new RAM today, added and now the infection does not work 4 GB that I bought ...
In general, two 2 GB bars at 1600, the MSI H67MA-E45 (MS-7678) motherboard holds a maximum of 1333, but I don't think that this is a problem ... The
old RAM (also two 2 GB bars) works at a frequency of 1333, but the new one does not want to read. Although in the program "aida64" it sees all 4 bars, but in the properties of the computer only 4 GB is written ..

Spoiler

Spoiler
9 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 10.11.21

Swap, put in different slots, it happens.
And why didn't you buy the same ones that you have, although it should work like that.

w
wao5647 10.11.21

In general, two 2 GB bars at 1600 frequency, the MSI H67MA-E45 (MS-7678) motherboard holds a maximum of 1333, but I don’t think this is a problem ...

w
wao5647 10.11.21

Googled for 5 seconds, found the answer.

(If two bars of different frequencies are installed, then the memory will operate at the frequency that is the lowest.)
If not, then I will refer to 1 answer.

V
Vlad_Epifanov 10.11.21

saa0891
because the 2 slats that I bought cost me 2k rubles + they are in the radiator, if I took the same they would come out to me in 4k rubles and without a radiator ..
I have the old ones cost 1.3..new: 2.4 ..
I wanted to change places, but the new operative is fixed in the radiator and because of it I cannot insert it into 1 slot, since the processor cooler interferes ...

V
Vlad_Epifanov 10.11.21

wao5647
Googled for 5 seconds, found the answer.
(If two bars of different frequencies are installed, then the memory will operate at a frequency that is the lowest.)
Yes, I knew that, but the problem is not that it goes at a lower frequency, but that Windows does not see 4 GB of new RAM ... And In general, he writes me 4GB .. God with this frequency, then my mother will have to change!

s
saa0891 10.11.21

Vlad_Epifanov

Well, you can change at least two slots with each other, as an option to deploy the cooler if there is such an opportunity, and if you can change new ones in the store for others, without radiators and at an affordable price, I think there will be no problems.

V
Vlad_Epifanov 10.11.21

saa0891 I took
out the old 2 slats, put only new ones and saw 4 GB, it means that the RAM is 100% working ... I put them all in different places exactly as it was 4 and it costs instead of 8 (

K
Kraicher 10.11.21

I had the same problem with different frequencies (2x4 plus 2x4). Often a blue screen appeared. Swapped places, useless. I bought 2x8 GB (crucial ballistix tactical 1600) and I'm not worried. Everything works fine.

n
nikita2112 10.11.21

I just put 2x4GB instead of the old 2x2GB, and put the old ones in the closet, so as not to bathe with such situations.