3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SkyraX 10.11.21 12:10 am

Square Shadows (Red Dead Redemption 2)

some shadows are beautiful, some (for example, Arthur's shadow) the edges go like a ladder, how to solve this?
5 Comments
Sort by:
S
Salvador gunzerker 10.11.21

SkyraX
Must be selected in the shadow settings.

I
InboxM 10.11.21

SkyraX
Soft Shadows Ultra + Full Screen SSAO, SSAO Ultra, try it.

S
SkyraX 10.11.21

How will InboxM
affect performance?

S
SkyraX 10.11.21

InboxM
one fig some squareness and a ladder around the edges, no smoothness

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

it may be a problem with the video card drivers. the owners of some weak and old problems described similar problems, but this increased the lul fps. so probably you need to demolish everything and install the old driver so that there are no hosts or the system itself.
finally there seems to be a pcss shadow in the game, if I'm not mistaken, you can try them. or something prevents you from registering a large resolution, the resolution of the shadow mapping, then the shadows will be square even if you have filtering. (due to optimized drivers, filtering may be disabled and shadows, as on older consoles, will be sharp pixels in general).
or it's just the limitations of the engine associated with the size of the cascade, the size of the shadow itself, etc. in sruses 2 there was something similar in shit engine, and if you try to get rid of it in shit engine, then the engine stalled and stupid.