3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21 02:29 pm

INI file (Fallout 4)

The mods in fallout 4 do not work for me, I open the mod manager and a frame appears with an English inscription, I translated it. The text is like this: You do not have an INI file for fallout 4, please run fallout 4 to initialize the file before installing mods.
I have already reinstalled the game but it didn't help. Help me, maybe I missed something.
19 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 10.11.21

So make the settings and the game itself will create these files, just in case you can see if there are INIs in the documents.

n
nestrbob 10.11.21

Oleg Makerov
In the documents, you should have a Fallout 4 folder, and in it Fallout4.ini.

X
XAHA93 10.11.21

Try to get in and out of the game

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

nestrbob
in the documents only these files but without the ini.

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

XAHA93
I played it yesterday, then I quit the game, checked the mod with the manager, it also shows that there is no ini file.

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 10.11.21

Oleg Makerov
If you don't have .ini after the name of the file, then it doesn't stop being the original. On the screenshot above, you have all the files you need.
Delete the game and delete all files from the folder except the folder with saves. Then delete the mod manager. Installing the game. Then you start the game, load it, exit. Install the mod manager. Insiders, the mod manager must see.
If you play on the latest patch, then the mods on it do not work without dancing with a tambourine. A simple installation through the mod manager will not do anything. The mod will be considered installed, but it will not work in the game. I was too lazy to poke around and while I rolled the game back to the patch that came out with the automatron. Patch 1.5, in which the survival was brought in and the workshop will not be installed yet.

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 10.11.21

A new mod manager 0.61.17 has been released. It fully supports the latest patch. Mods are put calmly and without problems. Just checked it out.

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

Later I will check your hypothesis, if it suddenly does not help, then I will unsubscribe.

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

on the playground site, I saw the mod manager only of this version 0.61.16.

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

Marshal Talyan McKirby III
version of the game I have 1.5.151.01

s
s3df0x 10.11.21

Oleg Makerov
http://remontka.pro/file-extensions/
This is what
Marshal Talyan McKirby III was talking about, wrote:

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

deleted the game, then deleted the mod manager, left only the save folders as Marshal Talyan McKirby III wrote. Then I installed the game, loaded my save, ran a little and quit the game. Then I installed the mod manager, after opening the mod manager, the inscription appeared again that there was no ini file. Even after updating the manager mod to 0.61.17, it also shows that there is no ini file.
Http://www.playground.ru/redirect/remontka.pro/file-extensions/ did as it was written, no sense whatsoever.

r
rosomaha7 10.11.21

In Windows, you can display file extensions.
If so, for comfort. Maybe the "manager" will see? although it is unlikely.
So as not to suffer for a long time with all sorts of managers, I set everything manually.

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

rosomaha7
In the folder settings, I found a line so that the extensions were visible or the extension was not visible, tomorrow I will try to make the extensions visible.

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

Although the mod manager has updated to 0.61.17, he can see

B
BlackTigerTK 10.11.21

Oleg Makerov
We should try to run the mod manager with administrator rights. It looks like the game was launched under the admin and the rights to the file belong to him. And the mod manager is launched from a simple user and, accordingly, does not see any files.

O
Oleg Makerov 10.11.21

BlackTigerTK
I made a display of the file extension as rosomaha7 wrote, then installed the mod manager and updated it to the latest version. After starting the manager's mod, such an inscription appears

B
BlackTigerTK 10.11.21

The display of the file extension does not affect its availability. As I understand it, the files themselves are in the directory. It's just that the mod manager does not see them. And this, IMHO, says that he has no rights to these files. Therefore, I advised you to try running the mod manager from under the Administrator.

h
hens777 10.11.21

Oleg Makerov Read

here http://gamer-mods.ru/load/fallout_4/instrumentarij/nexus_mod_manager/129-2-0-3608