3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ishamael 10.11.21 02:31 pm

Beta Optimization (Mirror's Edge Catalyst)

Actually, we are sharing the config of our hardware and fps. And so, whether this value met your expectations.
From myself: i5 2500k / 8Gb / R9 280X. On average 35-45 fps at maximum
PS I don't understand how a game with the actual absence of dynamic objects can be dependent on the processor and RAM ?!
26 Comments
Sort by:
N
NitroOxid 10.11.21

i7 4790K 16GB GTX970 1080 - 63-100 fps, AVG - 70
All settings, of course, on the ultra.

p
prodigy007 10.11.21

It is not short and lokanic

d
deIIis 10.11.21

prodigy007
In some places, not in some places.
The first game, where beta, is terrible in terms of optimization, it seems that is why it is closed, or so conceived ....
Mythical FPS subsidence, where they should not be.

p
prodigy007 10.11.21

deIIis
well, in some places when you look at the ceiling or where there is no open world it doesn't count, dark solus 3 will confirm

v
vvvjust 10.11.21

and the whiners gathered again. everything works fine for me on ultras, it does not fall below 50, mostly stable 60, and this is taking into account that this is a beta, the release version of 100% will work even better.

v
vvvjust 10.11.21

NitroOxid wrote:
i7 4790K 16GB GTX970 1080 - 63-100 fps, AVG - 70
All settings, of course, on the ultra.
do not zvizdi) I have the same config and during the rain FPS drops to about 50

N
NitroOxid 10.11.21

vvvjust I have
n't reached the rain yet, and for 60, no one bothers to switch the second vidyah to SLI mode)) On the other hand, 50 is normal, this is not 30

d
deIIis 10.11.21

prodigy007
Deadlines are tight, the game development budget is already running out.
As a result, the game comes out raw - we have bugs, the game is not optimized.
Buyers of the game become beta testers without realizing it.

v
vvvjust 10.11.21

NitroOxid
rain at the very beginning: |

d
deIIis 10.11.21

New games in terms of optimization on the day of release - no words - are terrible, after they become overgrown with masses of patches.
SpoilerAnd shouldn't we sing a song:

I hope that a lot will be eliminated by the release of the game, for that and the beta, closed.
Closed, so that fewer players know about the game's flaws in terms of optimization. Beta is raw.

N
NitroOxid 10.11.21

vvvjust
aaa, well, at the very beginning I played without measurements) After training, I just turned it on.

I
Ishamael 10.11.21

deIIis
Yes, I am an amateur myself after the patches to start playing. Here nows just started to go through the stall and, blooper, on my config below 40 fps it does not sag at the maximum with high textures. And in the beginning, without patches and firewood, it was just darkness. And so with most games

G
Grandshot 10.11.21

Reduce the quality of the rays to "medium" or even the lowest, and you will have a stable fps.
For a closed beta, the optimization, in my opinion, is not even bad at all. On my GTX 770 OC 2GB, at a resolution of 1920x1080, it gives a very comfortable fps at ultra settings, except for the quality of the rays as I wrote above (set "medium"), as well as Ambient Occlusion (set "Within the screen"). I haven't specifically measured FPS yet, but with V-sync disabled, there are always gaps in the image, which, as it were, means that the FPS is more than enough) Of course, sometimes the game freezes, but that doesn't bother me at all. Later I will make a detailed performance measurement on my vidyah.

d
deIIis 10.11.21

Grandshot What is it
? Reduce everything ...

m
mr.STR 10.11.21

Grandshot wrote:
with Vsync disabled, there are always gaps in the image, which, as it were, means that the fps is more than enough.
This means that the scan rate of the screen does not match the frame rate.

G
Grandshot 10.11.21

mr.STR
So I know) I indicated this in my message - this means that the number of fps in the game is more than 60 when there are such gaps in the image.
Now I installed Adaptive Synchronization from the drivers, and the breaks now almost do not interfere, and the performance has not decreased.

deIIis
I only reduced the quality of the rays and the Ambient Occlusion. Everything else is ultra. Well, even now I've turned off Motion Blur, but that's because I can't stand it. And so even he does not sit down performance.
In general, I get the feeling that nvidia has squeezed in here with its "divine-rays" technology) Because the situation is the same as in all recent games - you just have to reduce the quality of lighting, so the game immediately starts flying even not on the top-end video card)

S
Snite_Poerti 10.11.21

I play at low settings. Gtx 550 ti graphics card. Resolution 1680 * 1050. FPS is comfortable, but the picture is soapy XD Especially when the textures do not have time to load it starts XD still embarrassed by the rather long downloads sometimes after restart. Hopefully this will only remain in beta.
PS By the way, aren't you confused by the look of the shelter? It looks like one big white irregular texture)

P
Palych Rocks 10.11.21

Where did you get the beta?

C
Cold blood 10.11.21

i5 2500k / 8Gb / 970 GTX. Optimization is missing a little more than completely. Even at the minimum graphics settings, the beta in many places sags below 40 fps, while giving out graphics much worse than the first part. To say that I am in awe of optimization is to say nothing.

I
Ishamael 10.11.21

Cold Blood
They say this is due to the small amount of RAM. A person on a similar config with 16 gigabytes of it has 60-90