3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
j
jurmash54 10.11.21 02:33 pm

GTA V does not apply changes to DirectX settings (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Guys, tell me what could be the matter, the story has passed for a long time, I installed dx11 in the settings, deleted the game, recently installed it again and problems appeared: the mouse cursor moves with twitching (no smoothness) and I cannot put dx11, after a forced restart it leaves dx 10. licensed copy of the game.
51 Comments
Sort by:
s
staffik 10.11.21

the mouse cursor moves with twitching
In the mouse control settings, change the input to the input if in the column with the mouse - for example, Windows is

H
HackerokX 10.11.21

jurmash54
To install dx11, you need to create a commandline.txt file in the main GTA folder and add there:
-DX11
-fullscreen
-ignoreprofile
Attention: You need to register everything with a (-) sign

v
vlad_sherba 10.11.21

HackerokX
and what to do if -fullscreen does not help, the game continues to run in the window? Of course, alt + enter is already used to pressing, but before the game started normally

j
jurmash54 10.11.21

Hackerok
did not help, I launched it all the same dx10

Z
Zizyra 10.11.21

jurmash54
So your video card does not support dx11.

C
Cryptor 10.11.21

HackerokX
I didn't prescribe anything, everything is fine.

j
jurmash54 10.11.21

zizyra
740m supports, played already on dx11 and everything was fine

H
HackerokX 10.11.21

vlad_sherba
jurmash54
Append -ignoreprofile
So that the game does not automatically generate settings

v
vlad_sherba 10.11.21

HackerokX
did not help, even deleted the settings file, it still starts in the window

A
ALLexeIka 10.11.21

jurmash54
Reinstall the drivers for earlier ones, reinstall the OS, the card may be damaged on the laptop, but in general it was clearly written in the system requirements that there could be problems when running on laptops.

m
marsleto 10.11.21

all such assistants) he also said that before the patch he had all the rules, it means a jamb from the side of rockstar. but on the topic dude, this will help:
1. in the documents, open settings in the gta 5 folder, find the line DX_Version value, set the value to 2
2. start the game, go to the graphics settings in the main menu, and minimize Alt + Tab to the desktop
3. Expand game should change to dx11

j
jurmash54 10.11.21

Nobody has come across the fact that after the latest updates the game does not start on directx 11? Namely, he constantly drops to dx10, tried and prescribes in commandline.txt, reinstalled the game itself, updated directx, cleanly installed the video card drivers - it helped but only for the first launch of the game, after that it again drops to dx10. intel / nvidia 740m laptop.

T
T ruman 10.11.21

it seems that because of the new patch, you need to roll back the driver to version 1. Or wait for a new patch.

A
AHAPXICT_UA 10.11.21

change it in the documents and check the "read only" checkbox. The game will not be able to change settings, profit.
I removed the shadows like this: Good luck.

j
jurmash54 10.11.21

AHAPXICT_UA
nope, I registered all possible values, it runs anyway on dx10

A
AHAPXICT_UA 10.11.21

jurmash54
DX_Version value = "2"
and check the read- only checkbox

j
jurmash54 10.11.21

AHAPXICT_UA
I do so, but after starting dx10 in the game The bottom

line is that I calmly went to dx 11, later deleted the game, now I installed it, and such a problem appeared.

N
NepstR 10.11.21

Yesterday I had the same situation 3 times 11 times, he still rolled back to 10. Later I decided to add the paging file and 11 was installed. HZ of course, but because of this I have

j
jurmash54 10.11.21

NepstR is
strange of course, but I already have 9GB, on the local disk with the game, on the system disk without the

khan's swap file , now autosaves have stopped working, it gives an error and requires them to be turned off)) the first time such problems, the license is

A
Alex497 10.11.21

Dear forum users: the problem is that when you try to switch DirectX from 10 to 11 or 10.1, the game restarts and after that DirectX10 remains in the game. How to fix it? Win 8.1