3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Inzanagi 10.11.21 02:37 pm

Who's in the picture (Dark Souls 3)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but who is it:

15 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marty52 10.11.21

Hollow013
Hmm, I already forgot about this screen. Moreover, as far as I remember, he is official. This, along the way, is the cut content that is expected in the DLC. But since the dude is holding Artie's sword, then this is most likely armor for the player, and not a mob or boss.
And here, by the way, in comparison with Artie:
Spoiler It is
immediately clear that there are many similar features (the shape of the helmet, the pattern on it, the claws on the gloves).

W
Wulfdor 10.11.21

Hollow013
Marty52
Artie's sword is made from the soul of the undead legion, looks like a sword of the abyss (DS1) or majestic (DS2) and is called a wolf sword, so maybe this is the original version of the main legionnaire, and then it was redrawn into the same as the rest, or it is from dls ...

I
Inzanagi 10.11.21

Marty52
I was just very interested, I was interested in this screen even before the release, I saw that he was holding Artie's sword, prompted the thought that it was he or his reincarnation (Although it turned out to be very easy to get the sword), and I also hoped that it was armor since it looks like Artie's armor (favorite armor in the first part), I almost cried when I found out that the second didn’t have Artie’s armor, his sword in the second part gave me the hope that there would be armor, but it was not meant to be. By the way, you noticed that Artie's armor is very similar to that of the Black / Silver Knights, perhaps because Artie was also one of them (if I'm not mistaken), this is a modified armor of the knights.

M
Marty52 10.11.21

Wulfdor
so maybe this is the original version of the main legionnaire
I also thought about this option, but then I remember that the trailer with the already final Guardians of the Abyss was released before this screen was shown. So my bet is still on the DLC.

Hollow013
By the way, did you notice that Artie's armor is very similar to that of the Black / Silver Knights, perhaps because Artie was also one of them (if I'm not mistaken), this is a modified armor of the knights.
Well, that's right. He is one of the four knights of Gwyn: Ornstein the Dragonslayer, Goh Hawkeye, Ciaran the Blade of the Overlord, and, in fact, Artorias the Voidwalker. All four are the best warriors of Gwyn's army, and the black and silver knights are typical representatives of this very army.

C
Crab4ihun 10.11.21

the sword is already cursed, maybe Artorias himself was resurrected under any persimmon, he seemed to "disappear" in the abyss

M
Marty52 10.11.21

Sanya Pshonkin
It is such a sword that is forged from the soul of the undead legion. So it's not a fact. Plus the armor is not the same. Only the helmet only resembles the one that Artie has. Plus, Artorias is left-handed. In the first part, he took the sword in his right hand because of the broken left, but here, on the screen, the dude's left hand is fully functional.

I
Inzanagi 10.11.21

Marty52
Just Artie, the only one of the Black / Silver Knights, who rose to his post from the bottom (again, if not confusing), Goh is a giant and he definitely does not fit typical representatives, Ornstein is a Dragon Slayer, and is also not a typical representative, Ciaran. .. well, everything is clear here, and Artie turns out to be the only one of the typical Silver Knights, became one of the four main knights.

M
Marty52 10.11.21

Hollow013
and Artie turn out to be the only one of the typical Silver Knights to become one of the four main knights.
Perhaps. But, to be honest, I don’t remember anywhere it was said that he was an ordinary knight.

W
Wulfdor 10.11.21

Hollow013
Yeah, but in DS3 half of the armor from the previous part, of which only the armor of dark spirits was remade, and Seth Faraham looks cool, the rest is simply copied, with all the flaws in poor crooked proportions, the Artorias set still has thin legs, and the sets of silver and a black knight, a shallow head, as thick as a thin arm and a big ass like a woman's. The developers decided to play on nostalgia? Or just a little cheating? If you decided to transfer the gear from the previous part, then at least they would rework it, because a lot of time has passed since the times of the previous parts. I was extremely disappointed with this aspect, with the chic design of the environment, enemies and weapons, they cheated on the armor, despite the fact that there are fewer of them than in the second.

M
Marty52 10.11.21

Wulfdor
's set of Artorias still has tiny legs.
But he was fucking influenced by the Abyss. Naturally, all of his armor was corroded, as was the sword.

the sets of the silver and black knight have a small head, as thick as a thin hand and a big ass like a woman
's. Honestly, these sets with proportions are certainly fine. Maybe your character was just created like that?

The developers decided to play on nostalgia? Or just a little cheating? If you decided to transfer the gear from the previous part, then at least
I would rework it , as, for sure, any other Artie fan, would consider any slightest change in his armor blasphemous. But this is just my opinion.

W
Wulfdor 10.11.21

Marty52
I understand why they look like they are about to fall apart, but why does he have match legs? but because the developers did not alter the armor for the player (why?), it's just a reduced model of the boss.
Are the sets of the silver and black knight all right? Just go and look at yourself in the mirror, then start the first dark and put on first a set designed for a humanoid of your size (for example, a lautrec / set of favor, an elite knight, etc.), and then put on a set of a silver and black knight and compare, if you don’t believe, and this despite the fact that in the first and second dark there are already problems with the proportions of the character himself (the head is small), and in the third already more or less, but the old sets have not been finalized.
Almost all sets not with humanoids with player size and proportions have obvious problems with proportions. Only with the armor with the NPCs, everything is fine and as it should be.
And I did not say that the old sets should be altered at all, just to modify and fix old mistakes, at least (and it would be better if new ones, of course), add a little decomposition and decay .. parts were going through hard times.

M
Marty52 10.11.21

Wulfdor
fixed old mistakes
Well, I disagree with you. These are not mistakes, but rather a certain style. In general, the taste and color. For example, I like these sets, but you don't. So taste, and nothing more.

W
Wulfdor 10.11.21

Marty52
I didn’t write that I don’t like these sets, I wrote that I don’t like crooked proportions. Well, if everyone is happy with everything, then I wash my hands. All three parts are full of sets with normal proportions, so I went to the others. I even put a big head for my character, but still in the helmet of a black / silver knight, she is small, as if not a head, but a hand.

D
Devill666 10.11.21

Wulfdor
well, for that matter, the networks have still been modified, for example, the fabric parts of the black iron set are generally chic, the same dragon slayer set, etc. Everything is fine)

R
Richards 10.11.21

We must wait for the prod in the additions, otherwise the main one is short, and the goals are noticeable ((.