3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fantom25 10.11.21 02:49 pm

Upgrade

guys, I ask for help with upgrading your computer ... who will advise what, and thank you in advance for the participation of all who responded

Current configuration:
PSU ANTEC 650W EA650 RT
MB ASROCK M3A770DE 770 + SB710 RT
CASE ROSEWILL CHALLENGER RT
CPU AMD PH II X4 955 3.2G AM3 RT
VGA SAPPHIRE 100312-1GS HD6950 1G R
MEM 2Gx2 ADATA AX3U1600GB2G9-2G R
HD 1T | SAMSUNG HD103SJ 32M 7K% - OEM
DVD BRN ASUS DRW-24B1ST / BLK / B / AS% - OEM
ViewSonic VP201mb [20 "LCD]
14 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

Well, as if here the weakest link completely does not allow modern games is the video card. you need to start with her.
further memory. I just do not understand how much it is. you need 8-16GB for modern games. on a hairdryer it seems like you can put an 8GB ceiling. if the memory is ddr2 and there is no such thing on sale - it's a deep ass and you can change the entire platform.
then everything is decided by the amount of money.
for good it is necessary to change all those card percent mother and memory. possibly bp depending on the video card. the rest is natural to leave.

N
No more drugs 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616
There is no point in upgrading this system. And there is nothing to grade. Here a complete replacement shines for you.
I would start by replacing the mother / stone / memory. Then the block. Then vidyuhu. And if you have money, then all at once.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

No more drugs ...
well, let's put the processor in the presence of 8GB, some games will still pull the truth on bad settings. but of course it makes sense to try to sharpen the current pitch and then of course.

N
No more drugs 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616
I'm talking about what. The platform is dead, there is no point in investing in it

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.11.21

fantom25
For which games? If for The Witcher 3, then you can use a Radeon 380 card, RAM a couple of 2x2 slats, and the CPU to overclock to 3.9GHz. If you have money, you can put 4x4 RAM

f
fantom25 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
further memory. I just do not understand how much it is. you need 8-16GB for modern games. on a hairdryer it seems like you can put an 8GB ceiling. if the memory is ddr2 and there is no such thing on sale - it's a deep ass and you can change the entire platform.
the memory was ddr3, 4 GB, here is this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211409

thanks, it's a pity of course that there is no point in upgrading ..
as a last resort, if I understood correctly, the video card and the memory can still be updated (well, perhaps I would like to take another monitor, but I don’t know which one it will be for this config now, I would like it to be about 24 ")

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.11.21

fantom25
Your platform is dead, except for some games from Yubiks and Arma lll. Change the card, add RAM and go ahead with the song. The main thing is that the mother allows the CPU frequency to increase

f
fantom25 10.11.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich] wrote:
For what games? If for The Witcher 3
yes, I don’t play the most modern ones on it naturally .... of the most demanding, perhaps, Skyrim, Fallout 4, and maybe Fifa 15 to some extent. All of the above go very well at high settings.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.11.21

fantom25
Well, you can do, as I said, in The Witcher 3 at high FHD you can. Only disable Nvidia features

f
fantom25 10.11.21

[Denis A.] wrote:
RAM a couple of strips of 2x2, as well CPU to overclock to 3.9GGts.Esli have money, you can put RAM 4x4
if not difficult to tell the most appropriate memory option, which is to buy a

ps for this motherboard, by the way, I need it (the rest of the components are listed in the first post):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157176

f
fantom25 10.11.21

It's such a strange feeling when a computer, once assembled according to the latest requirements (relatively of course) and pulling all toys without straining - after a while people, without hesitation, call a hopelessly outdated metal ...

Life flies forward with cosmic speed , guys! :))

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 10.11.21

fantom25 a
strange sensation arises only when you upgrade for the first time, then you get used to it and when you replace it, you just curse through your teeth because of the price of parts ...
7-8 years for a top-end PC is the limit, then it will be able to pull out anything on average at most, and even then it is unlikely.
therefore, in order not to bring it to this, just change / add something every 2-3 years and everything will be ok!

L
Len4ik00N 10.11.21

fantom25
Ideally: switch to another socket and change the vidyahu to a newer one, increase the amount of RAM. If the next upgrade is planned not earlier than in 5 years and the money allows, then you can "swing" the assembly on one of the latest sockets: AM4 from AMD or 1151 from Intel, but at current prices you will have to pay a considerable amount. It will be cheaper if you choose socket 1150 or AM3 +: prices for spare parts are lower than for the latest platforms; you can not change the RAM, but just buy more; your percent. without any problems will stand on the mother with the AM3 + connector, which will allow you to make the upgrade step-by-step.

f
fantom25 10.11.21

hmm, something I'm a little in difficulty again .... a respected person gave me a special opinion here that it might even be a weak place for me not to have a video card as a result of an upgrade (which is quite good by some estimates, for example, see here http://www.ixbt.com/video3/cayman-part2.shtml),
but the processor itself may be weak and it is better to change it to a more powerful one, with the motherboard together. The
processor is now worth
http: //www.newegg. com / Product / Product.aspx? Item = N82E16819103808
I'll try to figure out in practice what is more overloaded on new toys, if possible (there is not much experience in such matters ..)