3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nat.mih 10.11.21 03:37 pm

Key activation

If you activate the key on an account that already has this game, then the key is redeemed (attached to the account, replacing the previous one) or remains untouched (and later it can be used on another account)?
The question arose because sometimes random keys are distributed. You enter, and you already have this game. So the key will burn out or remain in this case?
8 Comments
Sort by:
n
nickSIA 10.11.21

nat.mih
Remains untouched (and can later be used on another account)

n
nat.mih 10.11.21

nickSIA
Thanks for the info. Sometimes you don't understand. When an activated key is slipped in, then when you try to activate it on an account where such a game already exists, it does not write that the key is no longer working. Writes "you already have this game."

D
Dasha77 10.11.21

nat.mih
writes everything, if it is already activated on another account, it will write that the key is already activated

n
nat.mih 10.11.21

Dasha77
If you do not know, then do not write! If you try to register an activated key on an account where this game already exists, it will not write that the key has already been used. Just write that this product is already on this account! Will write only if there is no game on the account when trying to activate the used key.
I just checked it on purpose. They gave me a key as a gift. There is already a game on the main account. Registered on a twink. Then I entered the main account (where this game already exists) and inserted the key used on the twink. Here is what Steam gives out at the same time (and this is what it gives out when using a valid key, if the game already exists):

n
nat.mih 10.11.21

nickSIA
Thank you, you are right, the key remains valid.

D
Dasha77 10.11.21

nat.mih
and now carefully re-read what I wrote

D
Dasha77 10.11.21

nat.mih
Spoiler

n
nat.mih 10.11.21

Dasha77
What you have under the spoiler gives out only when the game is not yet in the library!

and now carefully re-read it yourself !!!

The point of the question was to find out how to find out the status of the key without activating it. If, when trying to activate the key on the account, where the game is (with a guarantee that the key will not be extinguished), it would write its status, it would be gorgeous, but it does not write! This is very important for those who give away games. By distributing activated keys, people lose points and status on their distributions.

My comment:
* When they slip an activated key, then when you try to activate it on an account where such a game already exists, it does not write that the key is no longer working. Writes "you already have this game." *

Your answer:
* writes everything, if it is already activated on another account, then it will write that the key is already activated *

Result:
DOES NOT WRITE if the GAME IS ALREADY IN THE LIBRARY (therefore, it is impossible to understand that the key is already inoperative)
WRITES if the GAME IS NOT IN THE LIBRARY (when tries to add it, but fails). Here you can understand that the key is inoperative, but this no longer makes sense, because if it is a worker, then it is immediately activated and extinguished on the input key and it will no longer be possible to transfer it to another!