3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
ten_rabbits 10.11.21 03:44 pm

How to close a settlement? (Fallout 4)

Quest for the expansion of minutemans in the city, the task is to recapture the raider base and put up a recruiting beacon. Did. 4 people came to my base and 4 mutants to capture. One kamikaze entered through the door bypassing checkpoints and turrets - blew up all living things. Another at this time from a distance shoots at the Brahmin through another door that was once opened by the dog (while the remaining settlers, like the Brahmin himself, do not care, everyone just stands). It is impossible to remake the second input, it is frozen by the developers from the edits.
How to close a settlement? Why do we need fences if everyone just walks through the door? Why do the settlers themselves constantly discover them? I am indignant.
Apparently, all that remains is to wait for mods for normal construction?
19 Comments
Sort by:
V
Verzor 10.11.21

That's right, fences are not needed. We need turrets.)

F
Fallen space knight 10.11.21

Put the rocket launchers and everything will be buzzing.

D
Dobbi 10.11.21

ten_rabbits
but how to put (make) a brahmin in a settlement?

E
EMPs 10.11.21

Dobbi
personally, I put the feeder and after a while it appeared, but

xs is it really necessary ten_rabbits
I certainly did not come across such a thing, but ... Fences are fences, but why doors? to put gates and walls, to stuff a guard post on the gates of turrets. You can borrow an idea from one raider base and put turrets on the bridge, and you get a wall and turrets on it.

r
rosomaha7 10.11.21

Sonic778
Yes, I installed the large caliber turrets without any assignments.
For a whole "game" week, everything is fine. Loka = where they lived.

D
Dobbi 10.11.21

Evgeny Guzhva
Ok, thanks, then I'll try.
Yes, you need more turrets, if at the beginning 3-4 raiders attacked, then now. hmm ... Well-armed Raider formations, with power armor cover, So are super mutants with grenade launchers.

t
ten_rabbits 10.11.21

Dobbi
I don’t know, I drew myself, but I made him a feeding trough so that I wouldn’t run away)
Evgeny Guzhva
Well, here's an example - a fence with a gate is not edited, the zone ends immediately behind it, and in front of it you can put the hell right. And they shoot through this door and go to my settlers. You can, of course, already be cunning on everyone, but I would like everything to be normal, and not on "crutches"

E
EMPs 10.11.21

ten_rabbits
personally, if there are any gaps, I force them with walls from houses, etc., Well, as it will be ...
PS: why is your defense not very visible

t
ten_rabbits 10.11.21

Evgeny Guzhva
It is difficult to put up a normal defense there, and it will already be shooting inside the settlement, so it is easier to block this place than to defend there.

V
Valeryn47 10.11.21

put a ladder next to it and make a bridge over the wall with a thin floor. Attach 3-4 turrets to the wall. Attackers will immediately aggro at her. On the other side of the turret, you can immediately put on the visor.

V
Verzor 10.11.21

ten_rabbits
Oh, it's in the city. I made a floor over the gate there and put a couple of turrets on it. How well I don’t know - no one has attacked there yet.
Spoiler

t
ten_rabbits 10.11.21

Sonic778
Yes, yes, he already did something similar, walled up the door with a piece of wall, and put a rug for fast movements inside the base. Now there is only one entrance to the base, it should be easier :)

V
Viral 10.11.21

guys, but such a question: for any trouble in the area of ​​the settlement, all the settlers grab the star weapon, which I keep in boxes. already made safes. they don't care. brazenly tyryat at any boil. kaaak to block boxes for them ???

O
Old_Nick 10.11.21

Viral wrote:
how to lock boxes for them ???
No way :(. If there are cartridges, they, in battle, grab a weapon that is better than their own.
Solution options:
a) Do not leave cartridges in the settlement. It is not suitable for the "survival" mode, and it does not always help - the cartridges can be on the corpses.
B) Give them something more powerful in advance. They will stop picking up from the workshop, but .... "you need such a cow yourself";) (c)
c) Organize a village without residents and store everything there. In general, the same is not always convenient. "Reserves" in one place, companions - in another, if you play without quick transitions - annoying

In general, if you are not playing on "survival" - just take all the cartridges from the boxes / workshop.

G
Gur1 10.11.21

Viral
And if you put the box in an inaccessible place?

O
Old_Nick 10.11.21

And for them, there are really no "inaccessible" places :)
They pass through textures, fall into the ground, etc. etc.
My mother Murphy, after tying, somehow ended up in a fork in the central tree in Senchuari. Everyone was going to attach a ladder so that it would get off, but somehow my hands did not reach. And then lo and behold - she herself comes up to GG, "Murphy's mom keeps her word ...". How she got there and how she got off - hz. Under the otkhodnyak, not otherwise;)
And on the roofs, one of the settlers regularly walks

O
Old_Nick 10.11.21

But that's not the point. They do not need "physical", real access to the storage. Simply - there is gear "assigned" to the village, and there are residents. And they, by default, have access to this loot. Without taking into account the "interposition" of the store / inhabitant.
They also use stimulants (for sure), and, it seems, - honey and psycho (I'm not sure about these)

G
Gur1 10.11.21

Old_Nick
Yes, in my two main settlements, everything is strictly dressed in accordance with the regulations - combat armor, standard barrels, loaded silovukha at the checkpoint. Your slaves need to be fed and clothed, and then there will be no theft ... well, at least I haven't caught my own ones yet)))
But in general, freaks, there are not enough carrots to stick their brains into the ground, but what is there to hang from the chests , immediately become smart)))

B
BlackTea 10.11.21

You take and coat the vanilla entrances with walls, and the perimeter with turrets. DO NOT ROCKET! They will scatter the corpses of enemies in space (there will be no loot), I can touch and kill the settlers and require energy.