3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pashazub31rus 10.11.21 03:56 pm

Can I put a new graphics card on my laptop?

I decided to change the video card on the laptop, but I thought - "Is it real at all?" After looking at various entries where it was said what kind of laptop you have, I decided to ask the question personally, I have an NVIDIA GeForce 800M video card, but I would like a GTX 900 at least, or a little less.

Here is a screen:

7 Comments
Sort by:
F
Fiori 10.11.21

It is possible, but only together with the motherboard. I once changed 540M to 810M

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 10.11.21

Pashazub31rus
Just think, do you want to change 30 W vidyahu for 60-75 W vidyahu.

g
gaymersh 10.11.21

Pashazub31rus
You can, if you know how and if you have the appropriate equipment, or in a service center.

A
Achmed the Dead Terrorist 10.11.21

expensive and not worth it

s
saa0891 10.11.21

Everything rests against a very large price tag, you can probably change anything you like, but it was just easier to initially buy a laptop with more productive hardware.

A
Alexscarecrow 10.11.21

Forget about it. For a more powerful vidyuhi, more powerful cooling is required. In short, it's easier to buy a new nubuck than to cram something that, in principle, shouldn't be there.

A
Andrey Andreev is just a 10.11.21

Really only on those laptops where it is provided by the manufacturer. For example, notebooks of the msi gt 72 series ..
Even if by some miracle you replace the gpu with a newer one, then 100% will not work due to the fact that it is not registered in the BIOS.