3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
timofej2907 10.11.21 04:18 pm

PCI Express 1.0 and PCI Express 3.0 Compliant

I want to buy a video card with a PCI Express 3.0 slot, and my motherboard has PCI Express 1.0. Will the graphics card work?
4 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez ramirez 10.11.21

Will work. True, the throughput of version 1.0 is 4 times less than 3.0, which may have some effect on performance. But it will work.

O
OleG1ad 10.11.21

timofej2907
Not the fact that PCI Express 3.0 will work for me, on the motherboard PCI Express 2.0 is not detected. The only connection option for me was decided by accident, when the second vidyuha was installed in the second PCI-E 16x slot to test the work in SLI mode, the second became invisible to the system in general, but the 760 was identified as PCI-E 2.0 8x as it still works. In general, mother, change the work of PCI-E 3.0 16x, as far as I understand, it still depends on your processor, but on your motherboard PCI-E 3.0 it obviously won't pull

L
Len4ik00N 10.11.21

Physically, PCI Express slots of different versions do not differ from each other, only the performance of the video card will rest on the bandwidth of the 1.0 slot. If the card is a budget card, then this is not so scary, although it is still worth thinking about replacing the checkmate. boards for a more modern one.

W
WWQ 10.11.21

If the card is top, you will bump into the bus, and if a cheto like pech660 or an analogue from a radical, then you don't have to bathe.