3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Easy gamer 10.11.21 04:21 pm

Sanctuary cleanup (Fallout 4)

After the demolition for a clean two or three houses, textures begin to disappear.
From one angle of view, the neighboring house is visible, from another not.
Who faced?
Can you solve the problem somehow?
8 Comments
Sort by:
L
LordRegent303 10.11.21

Easy Gamer
There is a solution. Do not demolish houses. This can only be fixed with a geck. Load saves

V
Vladislav Igorevich 10.11.21

Easy Gamer
Deleted with disable or markfordelete? Then only the rollback of the saves, Otherwise, there is no way at all, he himself faced this. By removing even a small tree at a certain angle, there will be texture bugs

r
ripvango 10.11.21

I understand correctly, we are talking about deleting, not provided by the game, not through the workshop menu, but by the console?

O
Old_Nick 10.11.21

ripvango wrote:
I understand correctly ....
Most likely - yes.
Through the workshop, you can remove 3 destroyed houses. There are bare areas, everything is normally built on them. There are no texture bugs. In particular, I have merchants on one, and I built a teleport on the other.
And with the console ... well, yes - then everything is possible.
Disable - "turns off" the item, incl. - and a structure consisting of different objects. But physically, she stays in the game. And maybe, in some cases, "manifest" and "return" (most likely - this case;))
Markfordelete - completely removes an item from the game (completely zeroes the ID without the possibility of recovery). BUT only one ID. When using the command on a "structure" of several items - glitches can be unexpected and varied;)

V

Old_Nick
I had the same bullshit, it just made the game like this. Now, if you delete a tree in Skyrim via disable, it will be removed and there will be no bugs. And if you do this in a fallch - if you get a little further from this tree and look from different angles - there will be texture bugs. and these bugs will be visible ONLY THROUGH THE PLACE WHERE THE TREE was REMOVED. It's hard to explain, try to remove it yourself, you will understand.

O
Old_Nick 10.11.21

Vladislav Igorevich
You won't believe - but I tried :)
That's just the point - in F4 disable physically deletes nothing. It is he who turns off visibility, respectively, the object itself remains in the game and continues to partially interact with the surrounding world.
In skyrim and emnip, in F3 - yes, the principle was different. There, disable "freezes" the item - ie. not only turned off "visibility" but also excluded from "interaction". Therefore, this command was preferable there - the item was saved (just in case;)) and, if necessary, it could be returned. But at the same time, he did not interfere with anything.
And in F4 it is better to use Markfordelete.
Why did they change the principle - h.z. Perhaps it happened by chance - some modification of the light / sun rays, etc. did not take into account that they should freely pass through such "disabled" objects, so the textures "break"

V

Old_Nick
Can't explain to me the difference between these commands, I already know them.
It doesn't matter what you write: "disable" or "markfordelete" - there will be flickering textures anyway.

r
rosomaha7 10.11.21

Probably yes.?
Really? The same can be said about trees and broken wood - branches and trunks.
= I build a fence, and they jump out in front of my nose. Sometimes it is noticeable, and sometimes it is unexpected.
Deleted in workshop mode !!!