3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
Ujin Fix 10.11.21 04:24 pm

How does it ride on a gamepad / keyboard? (Project CARS)

How are your impressions of the game? Is it okay to drive in the evening for a couple of hours? How is it perceived on a gamepad / keyboard?
PS: I'm only interested in the answers to the questions posed above. Answers like "not worth the money", "too demanding on the PC" do not interest.
27 Comments
Sort by:
M
MedvediVodki 10.11.21

The game is super, the most sensible racing simulator at the moment IMHO. It turned out to be unplayable on the keyboard and on the gamepad, tk. the degree of pressure on the gas / brake is necessary, otherwise peregasovka (on fireballs you can't even get under way - it starts to spin), you need at least the most shitty steering wheel.

U
Ujin Fix 10.11.21

Damn ... But this is a bummer (Thanks for the info)

N
N1CKY 10.11.21

on the keyboard, Project CARS is more or less playable only with the helpers turned on, I tried it myself. However, after buying the G27 (I took it especially for her), I realized that this simulator is fully opened only when playing with the steering wheel.

U
Ujin Fix 10.11.21

I read so much that everyone praises the G27. I don't want a new one (already 20k, I'm not such a fan). for 5-7k you can take a rolled one

c
cripples 10.11.21

It's great to play with the steering wheel, the game is super, only there are not enough cars ...

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

Regarding perezovki on the buttons, yes, but you can adapt and even get under way in the rain, the gas can be assigned to the stick on the gamepad. I ride at home with a steering wheel, but at work I just use a laptop on my laptop)))

D
Daniil Volkov_ 10.11.21

EvgenyiFX
This is where they push him for 20k? He has a red price of 11k, 20k - these are already belt rudders

m
marlynrus 10.11.21

I'll bring in my five kopecks: due to the fact that the adapter from my not bad steering wheel (Driving Force GT) has been successfully lost, I have to ride on the gamepad for now)) I play on the xbox. About not pressing the smooth gas and brakes - nonsense. IMHO. Everything is done normally. True, you have to torment yourself with the settings, but where without it? OF COURSE, the gamepad will not replace the steering wheel (and pedals are required), but as you, EvgenyiFX, already said "I'm not that fan", I can safely recommend the xbox gamepad. An expensive steering wheel, and G25 / 27 are such, I do not advise taking it, but if you want to add realism, you can take a steering wheel, for example, like mine. About a year and a half ago, I took it for ~ 4500. How much it costs now - I don't know. I just remember that at that moment the G25 cost around 11000. As an "example" of the Logitech Driving Force GT, I can recommend the youtube channel Yorkie065. He has the same "device". Better yet, find / ask someone for a gamepad for a while and understand "is it necessary or not." Good luck!

A
ArtyVision 10.11.21

I played in the first versions, I liked it! Has anything changed significantly in versions 2.5-3.0?

a
androshik 10.11.21

I can only say for myself that on my xbox gamepad, the car in the game is very well controlled. There are enough settings to set everything up to your liking. With the help of triggers, you can easily control the smooth flow of gas and braking force. But as marlynrus wrote above, in order to set all the settings for yourself, you will have to load the training mode more than once, and not twice, and drive more than a dozen laps. But then you can play very comfortably. Well, of course, the gamepad will never replace the steering wheel, but in this game allows you to show very good results.

R
RAZIEL_ 10.11.21

TIMetal
2.5 is nothing special, and 3.0 has a couple of interesting things, but not yet.

J
Jonny25 10.11.21

I've been playing the keyboard since the release date. It's hard, especially in the rain and on formula cars. Otherwise, everything is ok :)
PS: Of course, it took a long time to get used to it after Shift and Grid.

A
Artego32rus 10.11.21

marlynrus
gamepad is just the same is quite equivalent to the steering wheel in terms of pedals, because the sticks are also analog

S
Shadow_Ghost 10.11.21

Who plays the gamepad share the settings.

w
wdaas 10.11.21

Artego32rus are
you sure that the pad can be compared to the steering wheel ???

all the relish of the current with a steering wheel with
one trigger will not leave, you need two-handed control over the steering wheel, and not one thumb on the stick)

w
wdaas 10.11.21

Shadow_Ghost
turn on the tab additionally and set all items in it to set
pad filtering to 100
, steering sensitivity to 30

A
Artego32rus 10.11.21

wdaas
yes here I do not argue. I mean that the pad at least imitates the pedals, in contrast to the keyboard, which perceives only 2 key positions

M
Maxim Kalashnikov96 10.11.21

You can only play with a wheel! on the keyboard and gamepad, some kind of torture begins

w
wdaas 10.11.21

Maxim Kalashnikov96
but no, you can play with a pad, but it is better (more precisely, recommended) with a wheel)
I drive with a mouse, and on the nordschleife I managed to meet 6.20 (without an accident), i.e. quite playable, but I will have to say goodbye to extreme driving )
keyboard current for arcades

S
Shadow_Ghost 10.11.21

wdaas skated
on the map, I didn't like the wild one, I can't write anywhere on it, with such settings.

what parameters to change to make it more comfortable.
PS steering wheel ordered already g27