3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkenun 10.11.21 04:24 pm

Need help with triggers. 10 triggered abilities. (hard) (Warcraft 3)

Good day! Good people, my name is Danya and I really, really need the help of someone who understands triggers in the World Editor. I just started working with triggers but faced a number of problems and I cannot cope without an experienced mapper.

Question 1. How can I animate a projectile using triggers? For example: I want to make a triggered ability. I created a non-standard ability using the "Flame of Doom" (the effects of the ability remained the same), the ability deals damage to the enemy, but I created a trigger that heals me exactly as much as the enemy takes damage at the same interval (every second the enemy takes 100 damage. for 3 seconds, and the trigger restores 100 health points every second for 3 seconds), I got a homemade effect of active vampirism, but I need to make it so that every second for 3 seconds. from my hero came out a projectile "Death Coil" which will fly to the enemy. It's hard to explain :(, in general, how to make the animation of the Death Coil projectile flew from my hero to the enemy hero? How do I understand the face of death should be a dummy unit?

Question 2. How can I change the model file using a trigger? I want to create a triggered ability by this mechanism: Illidan, starting to use the ability "Breath of Fire (brewer)", changes his appearance to Illidan-demon (metamorphosis). And after using the "Flame Breath" ability, Illidan returns to his first appearance.

Question 3. How to make a dash type ability but aim at the target? The hero uses a "dash" on the enemy, stunned against and the hero makes a dash to the enemy.

Question 4. Explain to me, please, how to force a unit to perform an action using a trigger? For example: Make the hero use the ability; Make the hero go to the specified area; Make the hero attack the selected unit; (Can you undo these actions created by the trigger?)

Question 5. How to make the massive ability "Wrath of Trees" that works in the area and in general, how to make the abilities aim at the target on the ability that works in the area while maintaining its effects. I wanted to figure out how to make sure that when aiming a dummy ability on an area, all enemies in the area would use the "Wrath of Trees" ability? The ability should work like the 1st ability of Meppory from Dota. I tried to create a dummy pillar of fire, but I could not use triggers to make it so that all of them would apply "Wrath of the Trees"

Question 6. How to use triggers to open the enemy's field of vision? (The hero applies the ability to the enemy, my hero sees where my opponent is, no matter where he is) The ability should work like "Track" (ulta) of Bounty Hunter from Dota. I tried to use the "Guard Owl" ability (for hunters) the effect lasted forever, but I need temporary visibility.

Question 7 My biggest question! How to use triggers to increase or decrease attack power / armor / attack speed / enemy? I tried this: using the trigger, I added the "Armor of Faith" ability and immediately hid the icon of this ability with the "Block" trigger, but how to reduce the enemy's armor at the same time?

Question 8 How to use a trigger to make it impossible to select a hero? Should the trigger work like Morlock's ultimate from Dota? You need to make sure that the hero cannot be clicked.

Question 9 How to use a trigger to make the hero move very quickly when using the ability by changing his file and it cannot be selected at the same time? This ability should work like the Ulta Spirit Storm from Dota, but it shouldn't consume mana or deal damage. I'll clarify: the hero uses the ability to the specified location, the hero becomes invulnerable, the hero cannot be selected (clicked), the hero changes the model file, the hero moves to the specified area at a speed of 350?

Question 10 How to trigger area damage without damaging yourself and allies? This ability should work like the 1st Omnic ability from Dota. The hero applies the ability on the specified unit, after using the ability, all enemies within a radius of 300 from the specified target take damage. Please help.
12 Comments
Sort by:
l
lotus101 10.11.21

1.there are a bunch of ways, for example, to create a unit (the model of the unit has the effect of the face of death), in a separate trigger that you then turn on to move this unit to the desired point every 1 sec, or take the force wave ability and change the effect to the face of death there (the krch is very many ways, read articles on xgm)
2. unfortunately in no way, only with standard warcraft skills (although there is a way to hide a unit and move a unit with the desired model to its position constantly, but this is not very good)
3. see developments
4. everything is in actions
5 xs)
6. attach a dummy unit to the enemy that will burn the area for the hero
7. try to add items
8. add the mosquito ability to the unit, but the player will not be able to control this unit either
9.Changing your file? all the previous points to help
10.select all units in the area, the condition the selected unit is the enemy to the hero, order the hero to attack the selected unit
Krch advice, see the skills and change there actions, events, conditions, etc., preferably for anime cards, the main thing to be in Russian, you will understand everything with time, I answer.

m
mortan 10.11.21

2 - here you need to create two illidans with the necessary models and switch them according to the trigger (replacing the unit if I'm not mistaken). To do this, you need to synchronize all the stats through variables (hp mana skills). Well, or it is possible without variables, I don't remember already.

A
Arkenun 10.11.21

lotus101
Thank you very much!)

A
Arkenun 10.11.21

mortan
Then, after all, it turns out: I play the first one as standard and the other Illidan (demon) is hiding somewhere in the bushes, and when I start to use the ability to instantly move them to each other and then back?

m
mortan 10.11.21

ps there is, in my opinion, a version of dota without protection, download and see the implementation of skills. Only there is not just a set of triggers, but a whole programming language)

m
mortan 10.11.21

Arkenun is
not quite: by the trigger you create the second illidan in the position of the first one with synchronized stat. The first one is naturally removed by the trigger.

m
mortan 10.11.21

Arkenun is a
very simple way that came to mind - you create a new transformation ability without a time limit, check the brewer's skill by the trigger, then use the trigger to give a new transformation ability, use it by the hero, and then delete it from the hero) As a result, the player will not notice anything. , and the result is obvious.

m
mortan 10.11.21

http://xgm.guru/p/wc3/ability_editor

A
Arkenun 10.11.21

mortan
Brilliant: D) ​​thanks a lot, and a special thank you for the reference.

A
Arkenun 10.11.21

mortan
lotus101

Guys, do you know how to make decorations or units float higher or lower? I know that you can adjust the height selection in the object editor, but I noticed that in some maps the decoration flies in the air, but if you move it, it immediately shifts down. (I downloaded a map with the underwater world and there are fish in the air, but the choice of height is 0, and when I started moving this fish, it immediately fell to the ground)

m
mortan 10.11.21

Arkenun was
somehow not interested in this issue, so I can't tell you here, alas.

l
lotus101 10.11.21

Arkenun
Check everything in the object editor, I don't remember what needs to be put there, but I had all the rules, mb you did not specify the type of flying