3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LibertySP 10.11.21 04:27 pm

How did you manage to optimize the game and eliminate freezes in 2-3 steps (Fallout 4)

I ask the admins not to delete the topic and not transfer it to other sections, the paragraph is large, I hope my developments will be useful to someone and they will be seen thanks to a separate topic.
I asked myself the task at the weekend - to understand the game, I saw that version 1.4 was already walking on the Internet, before that I played 1.0, literally ran a little through the wasteland, checked the mechanics and completed a couple of quests.
I downloaded the repack for version 1.4, installed it, launched it, unfortunately I did not see any big changes compared to version 1.0.
I went to PG, read the forum, was pleasantly surprised by the large number of people, by handwriting, playing games since the advent of the PC.
I decided to share my best practices with good people. Of course, there were some oddities :-)

Initially, I deleted all configs in Documents Mygames Fallout 4 both Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini files, so that the settings were reset when the game was first started, I launched the Launcher, waited until it automatically detects the settings as average, after that attention: I turned it off with my hands anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering at 2, set shadows to minimum in additional settings, disabled volumetric rain, rest on medium, textures on high.

The first and perhaps the only thing that I did was download a mod for replacing textures with a lower resolution, Wasteland 512, from the nexus, installed it via the Nexus Mod Manager, registered the config in Fallout.ini, as required by the author of the mod, so that it works correctly.
In addition, I disabled vertical sync, replacing iPresentInterval = 1 with 0 (replace one with zero) in Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini and disabled mouse acceleration, for this go ... / Docments / My GamesFallout4 open Fallout4.ini
In the [Controls section ] added the line bMouseAcceleration = 0.

I launch the game through the Nexus Mod Manager, to be honest, I was stunned, the mouse in the menu moves incredibly smoothly, before that it "got stuck in the paste", when loading the location, the object that is said on the screensaver rotates without freezing and brakes, well, then the level loaded and no, I repeat, no brakes, friezes and lags. In the city, I forgot what they call it, in the market, everything flies. Previously, I suffered from some kind of deliberate inhibition, due to the lack of FPS, sort of like a shooter, but slow.

And now the most interesting thing, okay, I think, let's check how long my PC can withstand, quit the game, go to Launcher, set anti-aliasing to FXAA and filtering to 8, close Launcher, run it through Nexus Mod Manager, the mouse immediately slows down in the menu , when loading the object slowly rotates, in the game FPS in the region of 20-25, uncomfortable.

Well, I think, I'll try to return everything to the original, the same thing when everything was flying, delete the configs, thereby resetting the settings, again remove the vertical sync, mouse acceleration with the knobs, launch the Launcher, which automatically determines the settings to medium, remove anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering by 2, shadows at a minimum, remove and reinstall Wasteland 512 via Nexus Mod Manager, go into the game, everything plows and flies :-)

Through several experiments, it was possible to establish that adding something in the Launcher, especially anti-aliasing and filtering, removes the effect of either 512 textures, or something else, it's hard to say, all you can add is the draw range when the game is running. the game settings themselves. I set all sliders to medium.

By the way, I tried to restart the PC in order to clear the RAM, but to no avail.

Such a magic algorithm.
Once again, in a nutshell:
1. Delete Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini, launch the launcher, give time to automatically configure it for your system, as at the first start.
Important: turn off anti-aliasing in the settings completely, filtering by 2
2. Use our hands to remove vertical synchronization and mouse acceleration in the configs
3. Install the Wasteland 512 lightweight texture pack via the Nexus Mod Manager
4. Launch the game through the Nexus Mod Manager with the texture pack, adjust only the settings of the drawing range sliders, do not go to the Launcher, otherwise everything will again become "wadded" and "viscous"
5. In As a result, I can compare the sensations of playing Arma 3 on a server with the King of the Hill mode with 119 people and playing in the editor where you are alone on the map and there is one bot against you.

System configuration, God forbid, remember: Athlon 945 of some kind, 6 cores, Nvidia GT560 2 GB video card, 6 GB of RAM. The system is 6 out of 10, I would say, I'm not complaining so far, only Fallout 4 junk, junk :-)

If you have time and opportunity, try my method, it will be interesting to know about your results.
15 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zombieller 10.11.21

And through the config I tried to put the filter. by 8 and include FXAA?

L
LibertySP 10.11.21

Zombieller
No, I haven't tried it, I didn't have enough time, I will definitely experiment. I am willing to sacrifice anti-aliasing for the sake of such a comfortable game that I saw. There were times when Oblivion was played without anti-aliasing, it seems to automatically turn off due to lighting, rendering or something. By the way, you can enable anti-aliasing forcibly through the Nvidia Control Panel.

44lok 10.11.21

LibertySP
Does it make sense to reduce the settings to a minimum (and change textures) for the sake of 5-10 fps?
There and so with the grafon for 2016 ... well, not in general :)
If you end up with a
Spoiler , does it make sense?

ps from freezes (drawdowns and jumps of FPS) it does not get rid of.

A
Aenmutus 10.11.21

More succinctly:
Set textures to 512.
Cut down acceleration, synchronization, and generally everything with a difficult and long name. Grafon to a minimum.
Hooray, we have a lot of fps.

C
Cucumber312 10.11.21

"How we managed to optimize the game and eliminate freezes in 2-3 steps"
1) We earn / save money
2) We go to the store / order a powerful PC (console) via the Internet on proven sites.
3) We get a lot of FPS.
3.5) If it doesn't help, then we boldly call the developers krivoruk.

E
Eremite_City 10.11.21

Shinoa
Here, the coolest computers - http://ggmc.by/igrovye-kompiutery-mc-minsk.html
The site is good because it competently tells about the features of powerful PCs
Personally, I will add the following: it is better to take a percentage with a LARGE cache on the core.
He draws games better. Previously, I had an Intel dual-core processor with 4Mb cache.
So, games ran better on it than with the current quad-core, 1Mb per core.
I don't remember the name - it was an old computer. The mother there is ASUS with DDR2 memory.
And in the current one did not fit on the socket .. But such processes are, of course, more expensive.

X
X_ray_83 10.11.21

Eremite_City
http://ggmc.by/mc-gamer-1000.html and it's cheap $ 800, I'd better collect a computer for this money, another $ 100 will remain))))
PPC)))

S
Stoic 10.11.21

44lock
Which first person game has better graphics than F4?
I don’t know one, but I would be interested to see it at least in the recording ..
I believe that the owners of weak cards criticize the F4 graphics.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.11.21

LibertySP
Regarding Launcher - when launching the launcher, if any mods have been installed, it removes them from the plugins.txt file. Therefore, by launching Launcher, you need to make a backup of the file, and then return it with the prescribed plugins.

L
LibertySP 10.11.21

44lok
I would not create a separate topic for the sake of 5-10 FPS :-)
Graphics settings are above average, without anti-aliasing and with minimal shadows, volumetric lighting, effects, textures, drawing range, all at medium-high. I repeat, the jump in FPS is colossal - from 25-30 to 60-65, in the city 40

BlackTigerTK
As for plugins.txt, very valuable information, thanks.

L
LibertySP 10.11.21

Zombieller 44
block
BlackTigerTK
Through the configs, I turned on anti-aliasing to the maximum TAA and filtering by 8, everything flies, immensely satisfied, I think it's all about wasteland 512 and disabling vertical synchronization.
By the way, I set only reading for all configs, just in case.
The following surprises me: that at the minimum and at the maximum settings, lags of about the same level were observed, recoil delays, small sticking, after installing wasteland 512 it feels like a completely different game, well, I don't believe that replacing textures can affect the overall performance (more than 2 times), although now settings and effects are at high, and anti-aliasing is generally at maximum.

S
Sprintin 10.11.21

maybe you just need a new pc?

A
Aenmutus 10.11.21

Kartman-New Version
First, this is a joke. Indicating that a miracle way to increase FPS is to put ultra-low textures, disable all options and underestimate all settings. What an interesting, and most importantly unexpected way to increase FPS.
Well, and secondly, I will obviously be smarter than you.

u
urban.kalabanovich 10.11.21

How to raise FPS in games? There is one very simple way, although it is not fast. Not buying games at all for three years. When it comes to game developers that the store with suckers is closed, then they will start to take care of optimization.

44lok 10.11.21

urban.kalabanovich
Will not close :)
It's just that more people will switch to the torrent.
Download, look and decide for themselves - is it worth taking a "semi-finished product".
And after Fallout 4, everything that Bethesda Game "picks up" is only through torrent :)