3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Swaggershift 10.11.21 04:31 pm

Question about Nvidia physx (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello gais. In general, my witcher jumps on my Roach at 20-40 fps at low medium settings. But climbing the forum in search of optimization, I found an interesting solution that really made my game comfortable, but there is one thing:
In the Nvidia control panel - Surround, PhysX settings, there is a choice of PhysX settings, by default I have auto-selection, but the FPS is kept in games in the range of 20-40, when the autoselection is changed to cpu, the fps increases by 10, and stays by almost 60. Is it safe to leave this option on the cpu? percent i7-3770 8gb RAM. gtx 950 2g
Thanks in advance
28 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marlock4441 10.11.21

Swaggershift
It would be so hard to read the description at the bottom of the panel which function is responsible for what?

S
Swaggershift 10.11.21

Sanya Gladyshev
I read it.
What should I have understood from this? It says only about this engine, how cool it is and what effects it gives. What gives a change in the parameters of the physics - nothing is said, there is only a choice, as in the Matrix.
So I ask knowledgeable people to tell me what to do, whether to leave this option enabled. For I only recently bought a new video card, because the old one burned out, there was a weak cooling system

S
Swaggershift 10.11.21

Artem Farkraev
I'm only interested in why when I change the option to cpu, my FPS grows a billion times, if physics is not involved anywhere. Damn it, I had barely climbed a new betman before, now with this option enabled on the central processor, I can play it calmly at 60 fps.
I just don't get it. Is it safe for the prots, vidyuhi

S
Swaggershift 10.11.21

And where do you see the danger, I cannot understand? Physics can be calculated as percents and vidyuha.
Well, maybe the load on the processor is very high. I watched the Speccy prog the temperature becomes 2 degrees higher. Vidyaha gtx 950 works in Betman and Witcher 3 at 62 degrees, and at 40-50 percent. It seems all the rules. But just in case, I want to play it safe.
FPS just rose to the skies. If it's safe and I'll leave it, thank you very much!

M
Marlock4441 10.11.21

Swaggershift
It says that auto-selection is needed so that the system chooses for itself what video card or cpu resources are more needed. The choice of something specific is needed depending on what you have a better video card or processor and what the game works better with.

S
Swaggershift 10.11.21

Sanya Gladyshev wrote:
It says that autoselection is needed so that the system chooses for itself what video card or cpu resources are more needed. The choice of something specific is needed depending on what you have a better video card or processor and what the game works better with.
She chooses a video card
But the game gives out more FPS when choosing a CPU.
Well, something like this.
Thank you all for your answers. I just didn't know these weren't significant changes. You never know what, simply reinsured

S
Strimline 10.11.21

Safely. 2 degrees is not a critical magnification.

-
--- VENOM --- 10.11.21

Note - if you already have a choice in the drivers, then it is safe. No manufacturer will make a choice in the driver settings that will cause the computer to burn out, in order to compensate you for the damage later. Now, if you edit the game / program configs, the registry and so on - then yes, you could still worry. And then, this is only if you significantly interfere with the work of iron. And so - switched, looked - where more FPS, then left. If you are worried, check the critical temperature of the cpu and video card, and sometimes, on especially hot days, turn on hwmonitor, which keeps the maximum and minimum temperatures and shows the current one, and look there after the game. But I sooo doubt that it's worth worrying about because, as they wrote above, at a critical temperature, the computer itself will reset the frequency and cool the ardor, and you will have a FPS drawdown in the game.

S
Swaggershift 10.11.21

Thank you, guys. On 3 sites I left such a thread and no one answered, immediately instantly. Nice site and great users. Perhaps I'll settle down here.
--- VENOM ---
I took into account everything that you wrote, only this moment is interesting. You can learn more about
If you are worried - look at the critical temperature of the CPU and video card and sometimes, on especially hot days, turn on hwmonitor, which saves the maximum and minimum temperatures and shows the current one, and after the game, look

u
usa55059 10.11.21

Artem Farkraev
PhysX serves to simulate physical phenomena and speed up their calculations (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX), and it always works))

u
usa55059 10.11.21

Swaggershift
For processing "physics" in games you need a graphics (or rather a physical) processor !!!!!! That is, either a video card or a processor with an integrated graphics processor (i5 or i7).
In this case, the choice lies between the "budget" gtx950 graphics processor and the high price segment, to which the i7 generation belongs, and the drivers are automatically selected by Nvidia (and who else, not in vain they bought Ageia https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageia) because the video card is equipped with a physical processor (CUDA kernels https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_processor), and in this case physical. the processor in the i7 is more powerful than the physical processor gtx 950.
In my case (gtx 960 http://www.dns-shop.ru/product/a19a7e0cf2eb3361/videokarta-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-960-gaming-gv-n960g1-gaming-4gd/ and processor i5 4430 fps on the contrary a little sagging

u
usa55059 10.11.21

Swaggershift
When the processor overheats, the computer should turn off automatically, and not start (BIOS will not start due to overheating) And as --- VENOM correctly said --- if you don't go deep into the settings, then nothing should happen.

I
Iskander2015 10.11.21

Swaggershift
It is even easier for PhysX to put a separate (second) video card into any free PCI-E slot (no cables are needed), for example, some old Geforce starting from the 8600GT series or higher than 8800GT, or the 200th, 400th, 500th I, 600th, 700th, 900th series, type 220GT - 920GT, in short, any TITANIUM is possible, but even such an old video card as 8800GT is 20 times like this !!! will process physics faster than any modern percent! (ie PhysX, in principle, will not eat and use the resources of the main video card and CPU, thus these two elements will be naturally unloaded only at the time of processing PhysX) In firewood management, we choose that this card is responsible for PhysX! By the way, in the first Batman there was even such an option in the settings - "a separate card for PhysX" The question is how much these cards cost now, 8800 or 8600 or 220, 230, 240GT, etc. d think 500 rubles on the market! I set myself my old 260GTX from GIGABYTE - which is considered VERY FAT "for PhysX only!" I just didn't have another one, but I didn't want to buy it! The main one at that time was MSI 470GTX and CPU Phenom 965 BE
PS, of course, the power supply was on 750WT + well-cooled case (Thermaltake Element G in my case)
and yes, I tested PhysX FluidMark or FURMARK with a friend, while if you put the CPU in firewood control, then 3-15FPS, and a separate video showed from 80 to 180FPS (although I may be wrong in numbers, (it was a long time ago), but I remember well that the difference was at times greater)) I tested 8800GT paired with 270GTX and Phenom 550 BE
(the second PhysX card was installed, especially for the game Mafia 2 .)
And by the way, in my case 260GTX + 470GTX in Mafia 2 there was no particularly large increase in the overall FPS! Probably because 470PECH itself is no longer small for this game.

u
usa55059 10.11.21

Artem Farkraev
About the temperature of 82-84 degrees, clean it, or it may burn out)) It is already critical 95 degrees, my capacitors on the old 8800gt burned out and at an average temperature of 60-70)) And it worked, but the minimum resolution and the minimum number of colors (16 bits))) And the manufacturer did not lie, she worked)))

u
usa55059 10.11.21

Artem Farkraev
Where do you get this from ?? On the NVIDIA website, the product description indicates a critical temperature, not a normal one. And its critical temperature is 95 degrees, and you have a standard working working temperature of 82!. I'm talking about 5 different 780ti, just read and 82 degrees (under load) is an acceptable temperature, but not as a standard working one. If it constantly heats up so much, then it means poor cooling.
And even more so, the manufacturer indicates the critical temperature only for the GPU, but in addition to it, the memory and everything else on it heats up, the capacitors have a limit, as I was told, of 50-60 degrees.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

in a pedmak like a puziks is not used. tama is another physics engine. Hair is another technology, most likely and physics is being moved to the CPU.
and the true GPU physics will work on the processor but very slowly. and the more pyziks, the slower the processor works. in simple physics, the cpu will even bend the video card. there are games that the CPU simply will not pull out. put a short 285 under the fuzix. where that growth was and somewhere else there was the opposite if 690 is engaged in phyzics. In the mafia 2, by the way, there was the same reverse growth.
It makes little sense to put 2gpu under physics. it divides the express line in half. there are relatively few physics games. current, if you fill up some kind of rubbish like 580-680, you can stick it side by side with a modern card, it is better to buy one or 2 thetans and that's it.

A
Andrey210388 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616
You yourself then at least understood what you wrote and ???

A
Andrey210388 10.11.21

Swaggershift
Yes, in your case, it would be desirable to change the percentage, since the intel burns like matches, but the AMD will be better, well, for example, I have a percentage of the AMD on my laptop, but if it overheats, then it is automatically cut down and that's it, but the intel can burn even more (I7), so keep in mind, well, at the expense of the physicist, this is what I will say, try to put it maybe and it will be better with him, in theory it should not burn out the percent, although this is intel from him all that Anything can be expected, well, in short, see how they say, put it at your own peril and risk.

A
Andrey210388 10.11.21

rewzaq
I do not agree with you at all, believe me that I wrote this for a reason, I have a reliable source and I trust him more than anyone else, so here you are wrong, do not be offended, but this is a fact, and yes I still Perhaps I will remain unconvinced.

-
--- VENOM --- 10.11.21

Swaggershift
There is such a program, called HWMonitor, from the developers of CPU-Z, it shows the temperature of the main components and more. Download it and watch the temperature in it. It is also convenient that it has three lines - the current, minimum and maximum temperature, the last two change when the previous value is exceeded (for example, the maximum temperature was 50, became 52, it will keep 52 until the next excess of the value, with the minimum the same, only in downward side).
Critical temperature - type in the name of the processor or video card and either on the official website, or on the website where this component was reviewed, see what critical temperature is indicated. In theory, the overwhelming majority now have it in the region of 80-90 degrees. And maybe up to 100. If the game is sooo demanding, you can see what temperature your computer has in this program, and if it is approaching critical, put better cooling or lower the graphics settings.