3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Brashnashla 08.11.19 03:39 am

Select the type of connection mouse/keyboard PS/2 or USB

Actually, is the question. Going to change the PC and, for the company, Claudia and mouse. Now both the PS/2, originally wanted to take a wireless set, but did a little digging on this topic in the network and changed my mind.
About the keyboard:
-Write that PS/2 no survey, i.e. when you press it sends a signal to the computer, and the USB is the value of the survey, the bigger it is(the better response), the more ships the computer. Also USB keyboard is not always seen by the BIOS, which is not the hood, and the latter have a maximum number of keystrokes(6+modifiers, I think)
Questions: is this true, and how critical, in the same survey, if the computer is a powerful you'll ever feel the lag response from the keyboard

About mice:
- There is nothing found - write that USB works better. And everything, and why not said. Really seen that the response rate(survey?) 125 for USB and PS/2 - 200, but supposedly all the same USB mouse works better.

And in General for gaming compa normal to have a wireless shooters?

Can anyone of sarashi to prosetice in this case?
10 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jihad-Division 08.11.19

So PS/2 is an analog connection (USB digital). You can click all the buttons on the keyboard at once, and they will work. And instantly.
USB has many limitations, but it is popular...
PS/2 is much faster and cooler than USB.
But, in reality to notice the difference between them in the use of difficult, because USB is fast enough, and 10 buttons on the keyboard at the same time no clicks.

About wireless mouse/keyboard. Of course, they work with a lag.
But the delay is very small, and few notices.

If you are not players and are not going nogebat all in Quake 3, take wireless devices )))

-
-SK.art- 08.11.19

And in General for gaming compa normal to have a wireless shooters?

I have a wireless keyboard + 2 wireless mice, one gaming.
Normal)

R
RikoChiko 08.11.19

Don't screw with my brain that can't feel.
And the uterus now with these kind of connectors do not.

D
DartMaul 08.11.19

Recochica
And the uterus now with these kind of connectors do not.
What do you mean? On top of all the motherboard has PS/2
Спойлерhttp://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/202549-5.jpg
http://www.comgraid.ru/data/News-3/MSI_Big_Bang-XPower_II/MSI_Big_Bang-XPower_II-3.jpg
http://yournewsticker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ASUS-ROG-Maximus-VII-Formula-Series-2.jpg
-EBN-
2 wireless mice, one gaming.
Normal)
Where is the sad button to insert a smiley face cheto can't find it.

kleymor Fast
not going to nogebat all in Quake 3
Why then do mouse (why, then, in principle, to live)? I bought a gamepad, turned on autoproclamata and go make money with it!

Brashnashla
Really seen that the response rate(survey?) 125 for USB and PS/2 - 200, but supposedly all the same USB mouse works better.
Pooling rate on USB in the range from 125 to 1000 Hz and PS/2 this indicator is not.
The meaning of PS/2 is that it works fundamentally different algorithm. The USB port is polled with a polling frequency, and PS/2 no. (by the way saves 0.01% of CPU time!) The device is connected through it itself sends a command when pressing a key. And there really is no limit on progibanie more than 5 buttons at once. And we are not talking about how to press 5 buttons in an instant, and that they in an instant was pressed (in case you play 2 hands on keyboard/progamete one finger over one button/you have larger hands/fingers than usual).
But of course the PS/2 there is a fundamental flaw: no additional features it does not support so if your keyboard has additional programmable hot keys or something, they will work only in case of connection via USB.

-
-SK.art- 08.11.19

DartMaul
Where is the sad button to insert a smiley face cheto can't find it.

and what is there to be sad? what's wrong with wireless devices that?)
Very convenient, by the way. And practical.

b
burun33 08.11.19

DartMaul
if your keyboard has additional programmable hot keys or something, they will work only in case of connection via USB.
Keys for dvd cd-rom; volume; browser and outlay.
multimedia-Claudia Lee is ruined. PS/2 native port keyboard/mouse Usb for external devices (game pad,Android phone/tablet, outboard hdd, flash drive..) + ps/2 commands the Prots, and not on a waiting list for services.

b
burun33 19.07.22

Do you want the mouse or keyboard to turn off in the most unexpected way? Take a cordless and a bag of batteries. it seems that everyone here has their own faith. so why ask? just to show in disputes that you know how to google.

M
Macroless 04.09.22

burun33 I'm going
to change the battery in the mouse, I haven't changed it for a year and a half, I don't put a dislike on your comment. Optical mice live unrealistically long, I speak as the owner of 3 logi wireless mice with an optical sensor.

X
X_ray_83 04.09.22

The difference in the Input Lag topic, although "ancient", is still relevant today! That is, when the load is 100% from USB, the control will go with delays, but when you connect PS / 2, this is not there and you can play!
In online games, this is noticeable, something that AMD and Nvidia are trying to solve with the Anti Lag program, but to no avail.

M
MunchkiN 616 04.09.22

in the keyboard, I think there is not much difference if it is a standard keyboard and yusb is mainly needed for all kinds of whistle-blowing. however, in modern motherboards of my 2014, for example, asus x-99e, there are still no ps devices in half, from which I needed a usb keyboard, while in others they can be limited to 1 device.
but mice have evolved greatly since the time of this port; in the second, the image of monitors has increased, which requires a large DPI on the mouse, which cannot be provided through ps / 2. I had, for example, a tou razer naga epic that had the ability to work over the air and through the cord, but I never used it for wireless. and also in pancake times I had a jenius no scroll couple there on rechargeable batteries. so the advantage was that there is no cord and does not interfere with the movement of the mouse. The disadvantage was the energy saving modes, well, the actual processes of hot-swapping batteries during the game, if they were not discharged, which created a small discomfort. however, there was 1 battery in the razer naga epic and it would need to be charged by a charging station. otherwise, I don't see any problems with wireless mice for leisurely gaming pitches.