3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MudrichenkO 10.11.21 05:43 pm

Shared resources (Fallout 4)

Hello everyone, the topic is probably worn out, but I couldn't find it.

Guys, tell me how you can unite resources in settlements, that is, those things that are in the workshop?
14 Comments
Sort by:
I
Inquisitor 10.11.21

To combine the resources of the settlements, you need to create supply lines. To do this, you need to have the first level of the Local Leader perk. It works very simply. You choose a free settler and on "Q" (by default) you appoint him as a supplier, on the left there will be a list of settlements in which to extend the supply line, immediately after that these settlements will have common resources, then you select the next one, in the next settlement, respectively, and assign him to the next settlement , and so on .. Thus, you can create common resources in all settlements along the chain (which I did, very conveniently, by the way ..), but keep in mind one moment that the settler creates a supply line only from the settlement where he is "registered ", therefore, if there is no free person in the settlement, then first he must be sent there, and then appointed as a supplier,

M
MudrichenkO 10.11.21

Inquisitor
Such a question, for example, in the workshop there are objects such as concrete, lead, steel, aluminum, etc. will they exchange?

M
MrBest 10.11.21

MudrichenkO
Yes

M
MudrichenkO 10.11.21

MrBest
Thank you

n
nestrbob 10.11.21

Supply chains are optional. I connected each settlement only with Senchuari, as a result there are common resources in each settlement.
Spoiler

M
MudrichenkO 10.11.21

nestrbob
Thanks

I
Inquisitor 10.11.21

nestrbob
Yes, it is possible and so, it is possible, in principle, to loop the suppliers to any settlement. But I would still recommend building chains, I will explain why. The number of settlers "spent" on creating a "global" supply will be the same, both in the first and in the second case, but suppliers with brahmins actually start walking through the wastelands and in that settlement to which they are hung up from time to time there will be a crowd of nips, which may interfere. Although it certainly does not change the essence, it’s as convenient for anyone ..
MudrichenkO
Concrete, steel, etc., in general, all resources will be exchanged, only finished and stored products in the workshop will not be exchanged, well, for example, you created, say, a generator in one settlement, and then saved it in the workshop for unnecessary use, for later use, this generator will only be visible in the workshop in which you saved it.

M
MudrichenkO 10.11.21

Inquisitor
Got it, thanks)

B
BlackTigerTK 10.11.21

Note that shared resources are only available at the time of crafting. If you just go to the workshop (by pressing the R key on the PS), then only local resources will be visible. Food and water are exchanged in the same way.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.11.21

nestrbob
IMHO, not a very good approach. Supply lines are lengthening. In addition, as practice has shown, suppliers do sometimes die. Accordingly, the longer the route, the higher the likelihood of this event. The supply line will then be interrupted. For me, for example, in general everything is cross. Typically, a settlement is connected to several others. In addition, at the initial stage, I observed a delay in the appearance of common resources during crafting. Now this is not the case.

n
nestrbob 10.11.21

BlackTigerTK
What kind of delay can there be in the appearance of general resources if they appear immediately after the assignment of a settler to the supply? It is in "Heroes of Might and Magic" that you will receive the contents of the wagon train only upon its arrival, and the further the end point is, the longer you wait.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.11.21

nestrbob
I don’t know which one, but it was :-) That is, during the construction there were moments when the necessary resources were at zero. But they did appear a little later.

n
nestrbob 10.11.21

BlackTigerTK
This is already glitches.

B
BlackTigerTK 10.11.21

nestrbob
Possibly.