3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
david272 10.11.21 05:52 pm

Companion cartridges (Fallout 4)

Do satellites need to be constantly given ammunition? Or is it necessary to give them a certain amount and they will have endless?
14 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sprintin 10.11.21

david272
constantly give as much as he gave, so much will be shot)
this does not apply to the default weapon of the satellite.
there is a mod for infinite ammo for satellites, and non-breaking power armor for satellites.

A
Alexandrioan 10.11.21

Refill as needed. The satellite is always with you and the consumption is quite visible. However, choose the 5.56 gun and you will not know grief.

r
ripvango 10.11.21

Only their default weapon has infinite ammo. Piper's 10mm pistol, Hancock's shotgun, Nick's smoothbore revolver, etc.

The settlers also have endless ammo. It is enough for them to give one.
This does not apply to Fat Man and Launcher charges. Apparently the game considers them not cartridges but grenades, which is logical.

B
Boss_Timurchik 10.11.21

david272
I am stupid with the cheat code for the farm 5000 rounds and I give them to the satellite and I am not worried

a
ashleyalicia 10.11.21

Boss_Timurchik
david272
Alexandrioan
well, this is unlikely - the partners burn cartridges like rain and no matter what you gave them, be it a "fat man" or a "minigun" - accumulated 10,000 rounds for a minigun, giving it to a partner and an hour later with an average density or almost complete absence of enemies they are not present, I put them on a deer or a radroach 1000 at a time, despite the fact that 99% of them are in milk. The ideal option is to use a partner with a default weapon, or equip him with a "non-automatic" rifle - although they burn 500 electromagnets of cartridges in an hour.

a
alexzet3 10.11.21

it is better to walk alone - the satellites are dull and scorched
passed stealth with silent trunks

B
Boss_Timurchik 10.11.21

ashleyalicia
5000 is enough for me for a couple of hours of gameplay and only 4500-4700 remains, and then this is if you shoot at everyone in a row, but this does not apply to the minigun

B
Boss_Timurchik 10.11.21

ashleyalicia
and you can give 10,000 rounds, but for me personally the game crashes when giving them to my partner

A
Atay Wolverine 10.11.21

And I don’t give them cartridges, they waste them very quickly. And Curie can be given a guard rod with a paralyzer, it is quite convenient, by the way, she paralyzes the enemy, and you calmly shoot him.

a
ashleyalicia 10.11.21

Boss_Timurchik
also noticed such a feature that if there is a small obstacle between the target and the partner, then the partner stupidly burns the clips one after the other and all the cartridges stop half way - the AI ​​does not have enough to change the position relative to the weapon, but if the partner had the default weapon in his hands, then it would hit the target because the obstacle was low and the minigun that she holds in her hands is below the level of the default weapon - in other words, all weapons behave differently, but they were too lazy to register all types of weapons to the bots so that they shoot correctly only from the default

B
Boss_Timurchik 10.11.21

ashleyalicia xs
did not notice, my partners are always running somewhere, they do not stand still (maybe due to mods) sometimes I touch them myself, but I usually give my partners automatic rifles or plasma rifles, it was when the level was above 50, but it took an hour all over again, I do not like when my partners have pistols, they are stupid without damage from them

f
fedotos 10.11.21

the best partner is a dog, no need to give a ball she gave her and she is glad

a
ashleyalicia 10.11.21

Boss_Timurchik
you probably did not understand what I mean - I mean that the bot (partner) holding a weapon whose front sight is located below the default one (usually these are all heavy weapons) does not understand that it is shooting at an obstacle - i.e. his AI thinks that he hits the target and until his opponent changes his position, he will not change it either - after all, the AI ​​thinks that he hits, but this is not the case, I mean that the bot (partner) must understand that he is not holding a laser rifle and minigun, which he holds lower relative to the rifle i.e. almost at the knees and not at chest level and based on this, it is elementary to calculate the trajectory of the bullet so that it does not intersect with obstacles like a table, bedside table or bumps - therefore, change position and he does not change it because he thinks that he has a rifle in his hands and not minigun
This rarely happens, but still, if you run for a long time with a partner in whose hands a minigun, you will notice this jamb

B
Boss_Timurchik 10.11.21

ashleyalicia
Duc, I say that it is nonsense to give a minigun or other heavy weapon to your partners, it's like a monkey with a bunch of grenades, it will throw at everything and in general, partners in the game are out of place, especially in this one, I use them as a target, and enemies pee from a distance, but not everyone plays like that