3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
djtyegzxrj 10.11.21 06:05 pm

overwriting after reinstalling Windows (Fallout 4)

Good day to all. I ran into such a problem: I installed the game, played it, then I had to take down Windows, I wanted to play the game and it wasn’t in the incentive (there is a shortcut but it needs to be installed again, but the game is on the 27G hard drive) what to do, how to return it to steam and did not overwrite tried to add as a third-party product, everything exactly requires overwriting, tried to install to download the game to the folder where the game is installed but gives an error (writes that the folder must be empty) (game license)
10 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rita Perminova 10.11.21

so reinstall

d
djtyegzxrj 10.11.21

To download 25 gigs from the net again?

R
Rita Perminova 10.11.21

djtyegzxrj
probably still have to. I have no other options.

d
djtyegzxrj 10.11.21

a stone fell from the soul

S
Solidar 10.11.21

it never happened. You are darkening something. What disk was the Steam installed on and what was the game directory? Has it changed after reinstalling Windows? What I mean is that if you reinstall Windows on the C drive with a steam on another lacquer, you will D or E, etc., and the games, respectively, are in the same steam folder, i.e. by default, and not by choosing to another local one, then there should be no problems.

i
intolerable 10.11.21

djtyegzxrj
once reinstalled Windows, then naturally the game in the new Windows was already out of the registry, if I fumbled with the pens, it could be entered and everything would work, and so the only option is to reinstall it so that it will be registered in the registry again.

S
Solidar 10.11.21

intolerable I
doubt it, for example, when I bought a new hard and copied the steam folder with all the games in it from the old hard to the new one, and there were no problems at launch. Not to mention the fact that I had reinstalled Windows before and had no problems launching games.

d
djtyegzxrj 10.11.21

Thanks to everyone, I realized my mistake. I had to put steam on the same disk as last time, I somehow did not pay attention to it

i
intolerable 10.11.21

Solovat
some games in the registry do not fit, so it happens sometimes.

w
winni madison 10.11.21

djtyegzxrj
Kanechno and everything would have been without problems. I always do this, created a directory on another drive and steam on C and in the settings to install the game I always indicate the path of my directory