3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
.Zero_Zero. 10.11.21 07:12 pm

Disable texture detailing. (Fallout 4)

When playing Fallout, I have a problem (if I can call it that), the textures become detailed, sometimes even soapy. Can texture detail be turned off altogether?
PS When detailing, FPS sags, and terribly freezes.
See examples below.
Focus on the laser rifle.
Spoiler

6 Comments
Sort by:
s
slowlennes 10.11.21

Maybe something is wrong with me, but I did not notice the difference. It was necessary to make a screen in the same location, otherwise the lighting is different and the shadows do not fall so

.Zero_Zero. 10.11.21

slowlennes
It happens at random, not too eager to sit in one location, waiting for detail. Notice the rust on the pip-boy, the suit sleeves, the back of the laser rifle. I repeat, when everything is soapy, my FPS does not sag, and does not freeze, everything goes the way I need it, but as soon as the textures become more detailed (this happens randomly), problems begin.

s
slowlennes 10.11.21

.Zero_Zero.
http://www.playground.ru/blogs/fallout_4/detalnaya_nastrojka_grafiki_fallout_4_na_srednem_pc_upd-169898/
Experiment, mb will help

.Zero_Zero. 10.11.21

slowlennes
Alas, it didn't help.

P
Pro100 Andrew 10.11.21

.Zero_Zero.
I had this. You have little video memory and textures simply do not load and reboot, and therefore they are either normal or not. Download lightweight textures or ENBoost (it makes video memory from RAM), or better all together

l
lokkie 10.11.21

This is the engine's troubles, a hereditary sore.
It was the same in fool3 and HB, only there it was more noticeable, whole pieces were loaded.
Set the textures to high, you won't notice much difference, and they will be loaded faster at such points.