3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xDDGx 10.11.21 07:12 pm

Unforgettable Adventures of Afftar or Dreams of Half-Night (Half-Life 2)

UPD 01/14/16
Creative has been updated! Download the latest version:
http://img.playground.ru/images/1/8/creo.7z
(49 kb, in fact, this is not a 7z archive, but 7z.png, so 7-zip may swear at the incorrectness of the file , in this case, just rename the file and replace the extension with any other - for example png or even rar)

Old post:

Well, gentlemen, Happy New Year and Shitty Christmas! .. Uh, excuse the rude pun, of course , I still sincerely hope that neither me nor you will have it like that%) But as they say, ahem, the hopes of young men are nourished ...
But let's not talk about sad things, after all, the holidays are just around the corner, so traditionally (well, almost ...) I tried to give you a gift and, of course, this is another creative ... I guess I guess what you are thinking:

I honestly tried to finish writing something from the old, unfinished, and although I still have some progress on some of them (despite the fact that I have been quite busy lately), unfortunately, nothing that cost I didn't have to show it ... Until suddenly one idea came to my mind, and after turning it around in my head for a couple of days, one day I sat down and did not notice myself getting involved in the work. Unfortunately, the creative is not over - in general, I was hoping to write a short story just in time for NG, but as a result I got so carried away that the "story" was up to 70 kb, and I haven't really started it yet! But, having looked at the calendar, I decided that it was not worth pulling, and lay out what there is.

I am posting my working txt-file in a 7-zip archive, I will not issue it in ODF / PDF for now:
* link removed *

PS I haven't read much, especially the last pieces, so there may be bloopers and incidents, especially towards the end.
PS By the way, somewhere in the next year, the campaign will be exactly 10 years from the moment of my acquaintance with Half-Life. Somewhere in the 6th year (maybe in the summer, but rather in the fall) I first learned about Half-Life and launched it - but since it was a pirate of counter, in which the HL cards were, of course, cut out , then go further the menu with the image of Gordon (I then thought that in the picture of the GG movie "Arrival", lol), of course, failed. So, after googling, I then came across a Wikipedia article about Half-Life 2, and got interested, downloaded, launched ... And here I am.
15 Comments
Sort by:
x
xDDGx 10.11.21

Still, I re-read and corrected typos / errors / wording, the changes only affected the last paragraphs.
The link to the archive has been updated.

Maybe I should write them on some github so that readers can observe the history and quality of changes in real time? %) You just need to convert it to normal HTML or some kind of Markdown ...

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 10.11.21

xDDGx
The first half- fiction fanfic I read on pg. At first I thought that there would be something like the adventures of Freeman and this left dude from an alternate reality, but it looks like the real Author smoked even more serious mushrooms. With the middle age city 17 I turned quite unexpectedly, to be honest, I somehow did not imagine the hl universe in the middle ages. The only adequate character is Freeman himself, yes, he at least understands what is going on there. In general, it's funny, but as for me, I am a supporter of stories-offshoots of the original plot. And yes, again jokes about Alix, I don’t know where it all came from. Having reached the reading of the part about gaben and steam, it seemed that everything that was happening was his inadequate dream about hl3, but no.

x
xDDGx 10.11.21

... - Rick Sk1mmer -.
OMG, Union of Right Forces for kment. Well, I hope that this is not only your first read fanfiction, but also not the last one either;)

With the middle age city 17 I wrapped up quite unexpectedly, to be honest, I somehow did not imagine the hl universe in the middle ages.
This is all the influence of Zelazny, whom I recently read%)

The only adequate character is Freeman himself, yes, he at least understands what is going on there.
Well Duc, he's still a HERO!

I am a supporter of stories-offshoots of the original plot
Well, here before, if I'm not mistaken, there were many authors who, one way or another, repelled and adhered to the original universe (if I understood correctly ...), now it seems that only Nero still remains (although he also has a story with specifics), I can recommend it to City 9, in the next topic. I, so to speak, have my own specialization, I like writing absurd parody stories much more than anything else. Although, in principle, if you think so, then I even have two "serious" (of which there are not so many at all) stories that do not go beyond the plot and the HL universe:
The Noise of the Citadel - at one time even thought to develop it to "Ep3", but then abandoned it (the idea that led to the emergence of the story was presented in its entirety, so there was not much sense to develop something, but to write something "if only it was" - not an option).
Nightmares of the Black Mass (sic) - a short story within the HL1 universe. I got good reviews, but somehow I don't like it very much.
Links, if interested, see the profile.

If we talk about the CL universe, then, in principle, almost every creos contains some ideas that develop or play on any plot elements of the game. Yes, even here, I connected what was happening with the HL universe, putting in the mouth of Eli the explanation that Bryn ended up in the Middle Ages (along with a solid part of the Alliance army) not just for some unrelated plot circumstances, but because of the explosion of the Citadel, which, with its power managed to drill a tunnel in time. Against the background of pink Vortigaunts, what is not an idea for Ep3;) Or in the last episode of DoL, for example, my reflections on what could have happened at the Kraken base were described - well, this already refers to the Old plot. And the pretentious performance of Freeman in the fifth episode, or the doctor's notes (that strange feeling when he forgot the name of his own character ...

And yes, again jokes about Alix, I don’t know where it all came from.
Well, that's what happened to me ... sort of. Or from a GO-shnik. The devil only knows, a secret covered in darkness :) Say thank you that at least Eli is not gay! 111 (another darkened secret). Jokes about Alix are just my favorite topic since 2007, they just come to mind by themselves and that's it! I can't resist! Reimagining the second chapter + jokes about Alix - almost the basis of each of my creos%) I have here, by the way, just another freshly written scene based on these two ingredients, if anyone is interested - I can post it, but not here , in "GF as a Persian" will go.
Jokes about HL3, apparently, will now constitute the third permanent element ... The main thing is that Gabe does not screw up and release HL3 so at the wrong time ... OMGF, it seems that I am the only person in the world who DOES NOT WANT HL3 to come out!

J
JetRanger 10.11.21

The devil only knows, a secret covered in darkness.
Who loves allied bots in shooters? ))

Say thank you that at least Eli is not gay! 111 (another obscure mystery).
But this is really a mystery cleaner than Dark Matter. It would be fine if Barney became the folk gee (ro) here, but Eli ...

x
xDDGx 10.11.21

Who loves allied bots in shooters? ))
Well, I like to play in L4D and with bots :) It

would be fine if Barney became a folk ge (ro) eat here
Well, so he became%) Or rather, he stopped ... I stopped making fun of him a long time ago, there were only jokes about the earlier jokes :) Now, now all that remains is to bleach Eli, and then, you see, maybe Alix will suddenly become beautiful for me ...

although no, nope-ah-ah-hell! : D

x
xDDGx 10.11.21

The theme of the medieval city has been completed, which took about 50 kb more. Link to the updated creative in the first post. Next stop is Mars City!

// this is how a little idea turns into a full-blooded creos ...

J
JetRanger 10.11.21

xDDGx
Next stop is Mars City!
Oh, the Doom 3 fan is jubilant! ))

x
xDDGx 10.11.21

JetRanger
Have you decided to use this cancer button? :) Although now at least some benefit has appeared from it, but purely just in case, I will note that I check my topic one way or another.
// testing by the way: did you receive a notification about this post?

Oh, the Doom 3 fan is jubilant! ))
Unfortunately, I didn’t play in Doom 3 ... (unlike the first two). True, I watched the adaptation, but I don't remember much of it. However, Mars is a topic that will leave few people indifferent (probably).

In general, I saw your post on the day you sent it, and that night - after involuntarily pondering the story - I suddenly dreamed that I was Freeman (in general, it's hard to say here, because in my dreams the narration comes from the eyes of the character , then from the side - as in this case), and Gordon flies like a hare to Mars (on a spaceship, obviously) - he hid in a garbage compartment, from which there is only an exit, but he had a helmet with him. And so, having contacted the crew, he asked them to open the garbage lock, open the usual airlock and, wearing a helmet, Gordon went into outer space ... along with the garbage, yeah. And once on board, Gordon took part in boxing (?) Fights that were fought on the ship during the flight, and on the side of the Soviet Union (which was not represented on the ship by anyone else) - however, I did not see all this, but "just knew " (well, this is a dream, the logic in it is completely optional), except for the scoreboard. Unfortunately, I didn't remember the score, but there were some victories for Gordon!
// it's time to open the topic "the roof goes from creatives"

J
JetRanger 10.11.21

xDDGx
Have you decided to use this cancer button?
??? Which button?

// testing by the way: did you receive a notification about this post?
No special, just the usual in the news feed, like all your other posts.

True, I watched the adaptation, but I don't remember much of it.
The film is trash and solid non-canon. The only scene worthwhile is the pre-final one, the one that is "under the shooter". And according to the game plot, the third Doom is a kind of rethinking of the first, plus Half-Life was clearly inspired.

took part in boxing (?) fights ... and on the side of the Soviet Union

C
Cvoxalury 10.11.21

The film is trash and solid non-canon.

But this is wonderful and delivering trash!
* goes back into the shadows *

x
xDDGx 10.11.21

Unfortunately, until I took up stories, I was busy.

JetRanger
??? Which button?
"Answer" is the same. Strange, something, and I have no notifications, neither from you, nor from the bear ... Or have they expired?
In that previous post, I also used a button, but I hid the text using the hidden = 1 parameter, I wanted to check if it would work as usual.

The film is trash and solid non-canon.
Well, I hardly remember what's what, but for me it seems more or less kinzo. Anyway, the idea is more interesting than just "the invasion of monsters from the ass". As for the "canon-non-canon", then for me such a question does not arise. The same Silent Hill, for example. The film is very different from the game, but still good (there are, of course, lousy places ...). Finally,
In general, it is interesting that when the first time I saw this film "based on" Doom, I did not even know what it was about the game :) As, indeed, in the case of Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within (in FF I never played) and "Resident Evil" (also did not play; although there is a de_residentevil card for counter, for some reason I liked it).

the one that "under the shooter"
For me, a stupid idea. With such a success, it was possible to record a demo of a mixing between pro-gamers, and here's a movie for you: D // hmm, what, this is an idea ... Let's make a movie about HL! 11

took part in boxing (?) Fights ... and on the side of the Soviet Union
* picture *
S, yes, not so long ago I read about this film and character on Wiki, so piccha is in the subject. But, of course, there was nothing like that in my dream, since I am not a fan of massacres :) The brain immediately produced the result, without going into details!

the third Doom is a kind of rethinking of the first.
Something I have such a suspicion that D1-2 and D3 are like HL1 and Black Mesa. For me, these are different games (in no way I say that this is bad, it's just that).

C
Cvoxalury 10.11.21

* by-offtopic *

The same Silent Hill, for example. The film is very different from the game, but still good.

And then there is the second part, which is like the third CX, but God, it's so BAD. I advise everyone who wants pain. One of the worst films for games. Worse Resident, worse Doom, worse Hitman, hu ... maybe worse Bloodrain, worse Super Mario Bros.

hmm, but what, it's an idea ... Let's make a movie about HL! 11

It's better to shoot a film on HL1, but on HL2 it's better to shoot a series. The culmination of the first season will be the first explosion of the Citadel (spoiler, sorry).

J
JetRanger 10.11.21

xDDGx
"Reply" same.
Ah, this one ... I almost always use it, but on the HL2 forum there is no such tendency among the local population, so here I usually "follow the trend."

Something I have such a suspicion that D1-2 and D3 are like HL1 and Black Mesa. For me, these are different games (in no way I say that this is bad, it's just that).
For me, they are also different, no matter how desperately they tried to make them similar in their time.

Although Doom 3 and its predecessors differ even more, already in the very style of gameplay. In general, I got excited, considering myself straight to the "fans" of Doom 3. Of course, the technogenic futuristic setting and stylish design of weapons and monsters is very cool, and it keeps it going. But fighting there is not for everybody. On the one hand, it is not very dynamic, but on the other, it is too simple, even somewhat primitive. Okay, if there was freedom for maneuver, different tactics, planning, improvisation - at least like in Half-Life. But, unfortunately, not destiny. As a result - just a good two-three-shot corridor shooter, about the level of Half-Life 2, - the same obstacle course with rare glimpses of really interesting moments.

PS: Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy about the Mars idea.

Well, I hardly remember what's what, but for me it seems more or less kinzo.
Cvoxalury
But this is wonderful and delivering thrash metal !
Yes, it was watchable, no matter what.

x
xDDGx 10.11.21

And then there is the second part, which is like the third CX, but God, it's so BAD.
Not surprisingly, other people were already working on the film. The director of the first film was a real fan, and the screenwriter wrote his script well, almost like I did my first creos - sitting at the game: D CX2 was filmed simply by artisans. The main thing is that the plan was fulfilled and reported to the sponsors, and the result was "strictly piss", as young people like to say nowadays ...
However, to be honest, I don't even remember this film about what was there in general (I think if it were Well, it's really bad, then I would definitely remember it%) or vice versa, so as not to injure myself in vain, I immediately threw it out of my head).

Worse Superbros Mario
And I like this film :) I forgot about it, another film, the connection of which with the game I learned much later (I had a Dandy, but did not have a cartridge with Mario ...). However, I also had the opposite case: for the same Dendy there was a cartridge with the game Godzilla: Monster of Monsters, which I really liked. One of the first "big games" that I played and even went through more than once (and even now, sometimes, I run it on an emule). I am still indifferent to the Godzilla franchise, on the basis of which the game was created, except for this game I watched only one rather mediocre film (bastards, tortured an unfortunate animal!) With Jean Ren not in the lead role.

Although Doom 3 and its predecessors differ even more, in the very style of gameplay
Well, D3 is still a horror movie. Hence the corridors, low dynamics, etc. On the other hand, the last level, about Hell, as far as I understand, is already closer to the origins;) I don't like the

stylish design of weapons and monsters
, it looks very plastic.
With computer interfaces and a PDA in the game, they came up with great ideas.

PS: Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy about the Mars idea.
This is good, by the way, that day (or rather night), when I sent my previous post, I suddenly got some ideas, and I myself did not notice how I got involved in writing the story, so there is already progress. However, the release is still far away, most likely.

x
xDDGx 10.11.21

The topic of Mars has not yet been closed, nevertheless, in principle, I already have a more or less completed piece of about 70 kb, I can put it on the first day.