3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sources 10.11.21 07:38 pm

How do I prioritize DP over HDMI at boot time?

My problem is simple and straightforward. The monitor is connected to the video via Display Port. But when the system starts up, the video card tries to search for a signal via HDMI by default and naturally does not find it. In this regard, each time you have to boot via HDMI, then, when the PC is running, pull it out of the video and connect the Display Port. I myself understand that in the BIOS of the video card, somehow, you just need to configure the Display Port over HDMI at boot time. But tell me how to do this ?? By the way, there are no such settings in the motherboard BIOS. Most likely only in the BIOS of the video card.
3 Comments
Sort by:
-
-SK.art- 10.11.21

sources,

in theory, the monitor should detect this port automatically. Check what settings are in the monitor menu - you need to either set a specific port or autodetect mode.

A
Anagliph 10.11.21

sources
Read on these links:

BIOS Init Display First option: http://www.nastrojkabios.ru/video/graphic-adapter-priority.html

How to switch the default monitor in BIOS / BIOS not HDMI?
http://www.nastrojkabios.ru/video/po-umolchaniiu-na-televizor-vmesto-monitora-ili-problema-zagruzka-hdmi-tv-po-umolchaniiu-vmesto-monitora-pk.html

In the last link in the middle look for articles.

s
sources 10.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Yes, I already thought about it, autodetect, etc., but I did not find anything in the settings of the monica, so it stupidly tries to boot from HDMI always, does not find a signal from it and just goes into a black screen despite the fact that DP connected. There is a function to select a signal source, but at startup, when the priority "DP" is selected, again, it stupidly goes into a black screen, despite the fact that when choosing a source in the settings of the monica, there is DP, the DP cable from the monitor to the video is connected, but this does not suit him! Download it, you see, only from HDMI, then it will light up, and after loading you can already pull out HDMI and turn off DP, select DP in the monica settings as a source and VOIL! everything works! But he wants to start only via HDMI