3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Saidjenn 10.11.21 07:51 pm

Russian localization (XCOM 2)

Who knows there will be Russian voice acting?
63 Comments
Sort by:
S
StSkilur 10.11.21

sapov,
It is understandable that in any such situation, there are a lot of connoisseurs to read Shakespeare in the original, but besides the "'aesthetes" there are buyers. In general, whoever agrees - leave a request to the developers about Russian localization in the reviews of the game on Steam (as soon as it becomes available).

x
xavieronx 10.11.21

Why voice acting tactics ?? This is not an adventure ... Mass effect at one time needed a voice acting, but here is what ... to watch 2 videos and read the credits already in crowbars?)

c
cybertank 10.11.21

Well, for the most part, at one time they made voice acting, the shittiest voice acting in the world

p
prick1e 10.11.21

The translation is just awful ... It seems that the "translate" was entrusted to a stub that even the school English course did not master. Often the translation reflects only a common thread, and that is weak. The "translator" generally sculpts the details from himself, often even bothering about the fact that the characters on the screen pronounce words that are completely different in meaning. So, for example, the rank (position) of commander is "translated" as "CHEF", "tactic school" - "guerrilla school" in which way is not clear to me. In general, I really want to find muda ... the author of the translation and beat his dull face with an English-Russian dictionary for a long, long time.

C
Comment 10.11.21

prick1e
I will add about the translation ... When I saw the word "here to see", everything became clear to me. Looks like the student was taken part-time))

N
Negih 10.11.21

prick1e
I was just as embarrassed by the Commander, to call the boss ...

p
prick1e 10.11.21

Comment
For the entourage, there is not enough voice acting in a squeaky voice with mats through each word

C
Comment 10.11.21

prick1e
Here Russian voice acting would obviously not hurt (not the same as you described)))), especially against the background of a high-quality translation of the first part. What prevented them is a big question.

i
ilegalas 10.11.21

Comment
why waste time money if all the same a lot of dissatisfied will remain, so they will eat it

C
Comment 10.11.21

ilegalas
This is sad. The trend has been traced for a long time and causes confusion. But at the same time, for some reason, it does not interfere with translating into Italian, French, etc. I’m not saying that there were too many texts for translation. Games with full localization can be counted on one hand.

V
ValentineK33rus 10.11.21

For those who do not have time to read subtitles, there are speed reading courses. 20 minutes a day of training and after a month the reading speed increases several times.

u
urban.kalabanovich 10.11.21

How much money was given, and transferred. For some reason, Blizzov's voice acting turns out to be norms. The Poles have a decent one in vicher, too, they got the dough, they had to hire students even just to translate the text. Our people know how to localize.

K
Kaedus 10.11.21

subtitles are poor. Floating font, mistakes in the text, gag in translation. Better to play in English.

a
admer 10.11.21

Unfortunately, there is no Russian voice acting and is not expected.
PS How you fucked up the "obscene" of Russian voices. Well, you want to play in English ... Please play what you offer to others.
To listen to you so straight, everyone has perfect knowledge of English. For example, I know English at a good enough level so as not to die in an English-speaking country, but a bitch in games pronunciation is often with an accent or just indistinct, etc. and it is not always possible to understand everything that is said there. Not to mention the fact that for me my NATIVE language is RUSSIAN and it is much more pleasant for me to listen to it than English, which is much less diverse in terms of expressions and other things. You have already been so zombified with all foreign languages ​​that you are already ashamed of your native language and consider it less worthy. Soon children in Russia will start to be called by American names at such a pace ... And moreover, I'm not some kind of pissing moralist and a fan of everything Ursian, I love foreign music in English and don't listen to Russian. But you only cause disgust.

C
Comment 10.11.21

admer
I agree with you that I want to play in my native language (more pleasant and does not distract from reading subtitles). And the first Xcom is an excellent example of how it should have been done, but the complaints about localization are not only due to the fact that they were not voiced, but because of serious errors in the text (where only a few pages of text had to be translated). These mistakes are so "wild" (from the elementary school area) and so conspicuous that it seems that the text was not even checked before release. And this is annoying!

C
Comment 10.11.21

urban.kalabanovich
Ie French, Italians, etc. "They gave money", but not for Russian? This is clearly a more complicated matter ...

u

Comment
Yes, the matter is more complicated, they gave something to everyone, but how much? After all, the quality control of the voice acting also requires money. They also allocate a different amount for a certain market based on reasons of payback, it can be assumed that there are fewer sales in the CIS, and perhaps more unpretentious gamers in the CIS. Well, they already have a pretty good hawala, and, for example, in the same Italy, sales can drop dramatically due to the lack of localization.

C
Comment 10.11.21

urban.kalabanovich
Undoubtedly, but this is not some RPG to translate, where there are tons of text and words, and, therefore, you need a lot of money. Here, by the standards of the modern gaming industry, there is almost nothing to translate. Yes, even if there are problems (the CIS market is not attractive, it is a pity for money, etc.), what is the problem at least to make high-quality subtitles? And not the translation "ala-from the bald" ...

u

Comment
Well, this means that this market is not so attractive, and besides, it is unpretentious, yes, what a sin to conceal, being grumpy, that you shouldn't even bother. Take the same Witcher 3, the voice acting is gorgeous (there are slight slowdowns and accelerations, yes), but they raised the stench, some immediately start squealing, they say I won't even play with my native localization, English, ONLY English. Well, I listened to this English, ears curled up into a pipe, this is not a witcher, these are some superheroes in tight rituals.

C
Comment 10.11.21

urban.kalabanovich I suppose
that the matter is not in the market, but in the matter of choosing a localizer. And about The Witcher (yes, the voice acting is at an excellent level and completely in Russian, which is less common and less common in our time) and the cries of "only English" are completely in solidarity. This is called insanity grows stronger, and then we are surprised that they do not want to do Russian voice acting.