3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lex Tesla 10.11.21 08:17 pm

Raising FPS due to unsupported resolutions in Witcher 3 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

At the request, I post it here
So, I will describe the situation so that it becomes immediately clear why and who needs it:
SpoilerAcer V3-711g laptop with characteristics: i5 3210m; 8GB of RAM; GeForce 650m - a good old man
At minimum settings at a resolution of 1280x720, the game produces few frames and rarely exceeds 24 FPS

We all know how the resolution greatly affects the performance (remember the XBOX ONE), it is logical to try to lower the resolution of the game, but here a big problem arises. The minimum supported resolution in The Witcher 3 working at 16: 9 is 1280x720. In my case, everything below stretches 4: 3 to the entire monitor and the Herald becomes flattened. A little lucky for those who have black stripes at 4: 3, thanks to which the proportions are not violated. The task arises to launch the game in a lower razreniye with wide format support.
And now to the point:

Go along the path C: Users user Documents The Witcher 3, find the user.settings file and open it with notepad. We will need the following lines in which we will set the values:

Resolution = "1024x576"
FullScreenMode = 1

Thanks to the windowed mode, we can set any resolution, we put the number 1 in the FullScreenMode parameter for the full window mode. After a series of experiments, I came to the conclusion that 1024x576 would be optimal. Let's save in a notebook, start the game and get the following:

We see a picture in a picture. Now we have two options:

1. Fullscreenizer - a program that stretches such windows to full screen, but has a drawback. The stretched image has a bunch of pixels. I was forced to abandon this option, but who cares - the first link in Google.

2. Change the resolution of the desktop to the appropriate one. In my case, it is impossible to set 1024x576 in the windows settings and through the video card control panels. If you have the same case, then Displayfusion is able to apply resolutions up to 320x200.

Even the trial version will do, install the program and go to the monitor settings.

We apply and run the game. Unlike the first method, we get a smoothed picture.

Now let's compare the FPS before and after:
Spoiler

In my case, on the same settings, I won 8 FPS in this place. Someone might say that it is better to pick the config and cut something there than to touch the permission. But I personally think that this method is more effective, since the effects and everything else are not touched. In addition, trimmed configs can be used with this method, which will help even weaker PCs. I hope I helped someone.

Link to my blog
post Spoilerhttp: //www.playground.ru/blogs/witcher_3_wild_hunt/podem_fps_za_schet_nepodderzhivaemyh_razreshenij_v_witcher_3-187732/
10 Comments
Sort by:
M
Metalist1925 10.11.21

let's try!

O
OakSorcerer 10.11.21

Notable masochism, although for a real gamer this is not a hindrance :)

a
ant240801 10.11.21

I installed version 7.3.4 - there is no resolution of 1024x576. Apparently not destiny

S
Solidar 10.11.21

handicraft optimization rules)

R
Ramzes181276 10.11.21

Lex Tesla
Gol is cunning at inventions. In a good way.
He shoved the unpushable. Well done "Kulibin".

L
Losto 10.11.21

An unusual way and I think it will help me. Thanks buddy)

n
nomad152 10.11.21

Yeah ... Playing with 20 FPS is tough, of course!
Well, at least I raised it to almost 30 :) - and that's good.
If the method worked, then it has the right to life.)

L
Lex Tesla 10.11.21

The game is just really cool, it's worth playing it, but the hospital is always far away, and updating a gaming laptop is 60k minimum. Therefore, here, without options, you have to pull from what is)

C
Cgen 10.11.21

Krasava! Nishtyak little thought !!

A
AndrewMi 10.11.21

Dude, how did he get permission like that ??