3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GGGORILAZZZ 08.11.19 04:01 am

The greatest RTS of all time, the progenitor of the genre strategies (Dune)

Guys can not understand or do not know! Why developers deep scored on this Titan strategies as DUNE? Why do the remaster for other hits of the time, was that a strategy, fps, horor, etc... And to put it mildly, it turns out MISERY! You know what Westwood studios collapsed, and was created by another firm these fathers strategies gave us the best strategy Star wars! But why not re-release Dune? Sure onaby tore a huge jackpot from a distant 98! Write your opinion!
9 Comments
Sort by:
U
UraUr 08.11.19

In this universe, you can make gorgeous RPG, a series of books to this site. The RTS came from the strength of the tenth part of the whole universe of Dune. Game developers would be a huge scope for imagination. Sorry that this franchise is bypassed.

V
Vatafaker 08.11.19

I guess the rights belong to someone who does not use the name and setting of the DUNE

A
A.Soldier of Light 08.11.19

The progenitor? Maybe, maybe not. But it was the King's Bounty (strategy, but a little different style). And year for the Dunes, not 1998, and 1992. Dune 1998 this is a remake of the old game Dune II (1992). In addition, in 1991, they released another strategy: Civilization.
About greatest - the same question ) a Question of taste. In 1994 came the first Warcraft, and in 1995 the first part not less great of Command & Conquer...
It's just another birth of new strategies, which was destined to become great. Draw a paralell: the progenitor of shooters Wolfenstein 3D? So? But later came Doom, which surpassed its predecessor, to put it mildly. So what about the greatest strategy does not agree. Is there a better. C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft... IMHO of course, but I replied )

Links:
PC gaming, the whole album.
PC gaming, games, 1990-1999.

s
stalker7162534 08.11.19

And no one wants roach to make good games, because it won't cover labor. All will download pirated copies. And developers will get a pittance. You go for a penny to try? That no one wants.
That's why most new games corner, made a left.

A

A shake, that's right. But not pirated copies and just copy. Bootleg is a legal term rather. And in General: when you can make two clicks on comp copies from litsuhi, will it be pirated? No, it's just a copy, and you're not a pirate even if you gave a copy to someone. Pirate is a businessman )) He cooks the loot, selling the work of others (copies of the labor of others), but even he is not a thief. No theft on the Internet, there is simply no such thing in fact, but alas not de jure. Kopirazm presses on the Internet...
Stole the video? No, made a copy. So.

The Internet still provides its advantages. A kickstarter project for example. Collect the money and make the game regardless of the major companies. This is only possible now but not in previous years...

G
GGGORILAZZZ 08.11.19

A. Soldier of Light
So C&C they also had a hand!!! I love all these strategies the same Warcraft, Bounty!!! BUT THE QUESTION IS WHY CAN'T DO REMASTERED DUNE???? At least it did poorly, as do the rest of the game!!! But there is not even a hint of IT!!! WHY?? I am glad that the COSSACKS will APPEAR!!!

A. Soldier of Light
I will say this, would be rich!! Would help with the creation of the Dune!! But alas!

A

Well the question is rhetorical, why not do it ) Also would like to see remakes of old games with new graphics and physics.
This also applies to other games, not only listed, but the old games of the nineties. Unfortunately, you can only rely on fan-made projects like Doomsday, Duke Nukem 3D HRP, Wrack, and so on. But it shooters, strategy, such attention is not obtained. But still there are good examples. For example, the project HD for heroes of might and Magic 3 (HoMM 3), it is here (link).
Another strategy is to create units and modification. For example, the first part of the old Total Annihilation (link)...

V
Vaipen 08.11.19

Oh, and BU in the sweet tooth with a new game would play, and SW Background. That's why they don't reissue.

K
Kaylet 08.11.19

Dune... this stratezhka, at the time, won my child's heart! I fell in love with the RTS genre at first sight, it was not transmitted feelings and emotions, when I got her in the Dr and I played and played it... I would also not refused to remake...
malak88 wrote:
Why developers deep scored on this Titan strategies as DUNE. But why not re-release Dune?
After Westwood Studios Dune put a series of C&C, which is also stuck deeply in all hearts, and many have begun to simply forget about Dune... and kind of like Electronic Arts began to develop the series, but finished off her Rivals (although the play can)...
C&C 3 is Tiberium Wars, Kanes Wrath, there are a few mods dedicated to Dune, and I'll say not bad fashion... and who knows, maybe some Studio sitting and sawing the new Dune, with awesome graphics, physics, mechanics, etc.