3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Saints319 10.11.21 08:48 pm

It is not possible to install any games!

A few days ago I noticed that 20 mb had evaporated from my RAM, it was 8.00 GB, it was 7.98 GB, for 10 years of using computers, I saw this for the first time. But this is not the worst thing, despite the oddity.

The problem is that when downloading a game from the Internet and installing it always, regardless of the game and assembly, an error occurs during installation (the photo with the error below, the screen is not mine, but the error is exactly the same)

Naturally, I climbed to look at the forums, and find out what it is. I tried all the methods described there, it did not help, then I began to sin on the RAM. In general, I checked everything, took turns pulling out first one die, then another, on both 20 mb I was eating something, given that I checked for errors and did not find anything, then everything is in order with the dies. I read about the percent, the graph is not built there, usually it can eat the built-in graph in percent.

And this error climbed out before reinstalling Windows. I installed a readable Windows, formatted the disk, but this error remained. Whichever repack of the game I download, this error is everywhere, everything is in order on licensed games, this error does not exist, and as it is written on the forums, it only occurs with repacked games. I checked for viruses, found it, fixed it, deleted it, it did not help, Windows, as I wrote above, reinstalled with disk formatting.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Percent AMD FX 4300, 4.2 GHz

Video card GeForce GTX 750, 2gb

RAM 8gb, now more precisely 7.98 gb ...

12 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lou Tenant 10.11.21

Don Corleone319
1. Kill the antivirus during installation, sometimes it helps. I myself had a similar error due to the fact that the antivirus blocked some file.
2. Try repacks from another release group, they have different packing methods, so there may be a mistake with this particular method.
3. If the first two methods did not help, then try tinkering with a tambourine.
4. If the tambourine did not help, then try to put Vin8.1 or Vin10

S
Saints319 10.11.21

marquez
Already thought to switch to 8.1, this situation will most likely bring me to this

A
AT_Sagor 10.11.21

Don Corleone319
If Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed, it wakes up to block everything suspicious even when it is off, and repacks, in his opinion, are automatically sent there. And so, it’s hardly a matter of windows itself, but if you decide to put another one, then don’t put the top ten, because if you believe the rumors (I hope they are false), then repacks will have something similar with it as now.

L
Lou Tenant 10.11.21

at_sagor
so, as if you believe the rumors (I hope they are false), then with it the repacks will have something similar to what they are now.
Nothing like this. I put a lot of repacks from different release groups and everything is installed normally. The only problem with Win10 compared to 7 that I encountered was crashes in Fallout 3, but they say that this has been happening since the 7th.

Don Corleone319 I
forgot to mention - try running the installer with admin rights, it also sometimes helps.

S
Saints319 10.11.21

marquez
Installers from the admin only run for me.
at_sagor
Panda free antivirus is installed, according to the rating, the best free antivirus, by the way, at 3-5 somewhere, I've always used it before.
And by the way, the problem literally appeared out of thin air, that's what the weirdness is, I didn't change anything in the system ...

S
Saints319 10.11.21

marquez
at_sagor
Absolutely nothing helped, switched to 8.1, again the same error, installed even all the most famous archivers ...
one person on the forum wrote that Microsoft makes certain bookmarks designed to "filter out" "illegitimate" software, but business then I turned off all unnecessary settings, firewall, updates ..
I'm desperate ...

S
Saints319 10.11.21

Having rummaged through the bowels of the forums, I found a solution, but it was terribly banal and superficial.
Just simply, it was necessary to pull out all the flash drives.

K
Krutoy_Sokol13 10.11.21

So tormented in the throes of conscience from ignorance!

N
No more drugs 10.11.21

Don Corleone319
Yes, I had a similar problem. The same solution helped - until I dropped it from the external repack to the C drive, it did not want to be installed in any one.

A
Andre Shpakov 10.11.21

But I took a laptop from my brother in connection with the move. Also an error with absolutely all games, I tried everything except changing the places of the cards. full access to local disks. The laptop does not channel. I'm already desperate, what should I do, how to fix it, maybe there will be people who can help, I have tried everything again !!

T
TeMiR_999 10.11.21

I just reinstalled the computer and that's it

H
Holymontana 10.11.21

Change iron