3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Inscort 10.11.21 09:55 pm

After changing the vidyashka, the cooler began to live its own life

MSI GT70-0NC laptop. There was a gtx670m video card, I decided to change it to gtx770m. The card got up well, was determined and works, but the cooler is dull. He began to live his own life, when you turn on the laptop, it accelerates for a few seconds - it is reset, then again, and so on. or even works at maximum speed. There is no overheating in games. The cooler boost button works, but the cooler itself does not respond. Ivy bridge based laptop. I've come up with a couple of options, either with a sensor or something, or to sew a BIOS for the 700th series.
6 Comments
Sort by:
D
DozoRRR 10.11.21

Inscort
Most likely bios sewing, or if possible through the program manually set the speed.

i
iGorf33 10.11.21

firewood version - 364.51 - WHQL with bugs
try versions - 359.00 or 362.00
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 10.11.21

Laptops were not initially adapted to replacing components further than operatives and winchas. Maybe you really need to flash the BIOS for the 700 series, because the cooler simply does not recognize the new piece of hardware.
In general, why change the obviously good 670m to 770m? In the same place, 15-20% of the difference is obtained.

I
Inscort 10.11.21

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
Hello not possible. Maybe some and yes. But the msi gaming line is upgradeable. Therefore, I took it. 670 has outlived its worth.

i
iGorf33 10.11.21

if there is MSI Afterburner, try to remove it and see how it will be without it,
just try to remove all unnecessary ticks on the MONITORING tab
with my firewood 364.51 - WHQL card cooler rapidly gained momentum and also dropped them together with the GPU frequency from 135 MHz to 1182 MHz with an intermediate frequency of 797 MHz, regardless of the load on the video card (in games)

i
iGorf33 10.11.21