3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mr. SD 10.11.21 10:04 pm

Sticker Question (Natus Vincere | Cluj-Napoca 2015) (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)

In general, explain what the catch is that some stickers are so dramatically expensive. For example, I went to the trading floor today and accidentally saw the sticker "Natus Vincere | Cluj-Napoca 2015" in first place in the top sales. I looked at the statistics of prices, and saw that the price increased almost immediately from 40 cents to almost 3 dollars.
And I know that over time, stickers from tournaments become more expensive, I've heard about it. Just what is the reason that it has risen so dramatically in price?
7 Comments
Sort by:
A
Agon1st 10.11.21

because the new rules for trade and sale
Delay to detect and prevent theft of items
If the account of the user who trades or sells items has not been secured with the Steam Mobile Authenticator in the previous 7 days:
Exchanges: starting from March 9, the delivery of items will be delayed until 15 days
Sale: starting March 9, lots will be held by Steam until they are put up for sale for up to 15 days

I
Inhaler 10.11.21

Specifically, someone bought this sticker in obscene quantities, as evidenced by the graph (200-500 sold on some day or even an hour, which is ten times more than usual). The buyer's goals may be different, but when the price jumps sharply and the item appears on the home page, some users start to mindlessly buy it at the same expensive price. Therefore, such a jump can last for a while, but then the price will fall.

m
mr. SD 10.11.21

Stas Klosovsky
Yes, it's uncomfortable now. Although, it may be correct.

m
mr. SD 10.11.21

Inshala for
sure! I did not look at the number of sales per day itself. And yet it turns out that when something becomes more expensive, people immediately run to buy it. Probably, they hope that it will be even more expensive.

w
wudi666 10.11.21

Some stickers are getting more expensive due to the breakup of teams. Rather, their teams and partners. For example, the IBP sticker - The team has broken up, the organization too, which means that there will be no more such stickers. Titan - stickers have risen sharply against the background of others after the collapse. The price also depends on the rarity (the most banal option), or on the cool-popularity of the tournament. For example Katowice will always be more expensive than Cologne. Also from beauty. Or, for example, if there are autographs, then from the popularity of the player and his kind of "zakaryuchka" .mr. SD

m
mr. SD 10.11.21

wudi666
wow! thanks for such a detailed answer!

s
sl7viikenzie 10.11.21

Stas Klosovsky what
does the rise in price of stickers and changes in the exchange process have to do with it?