3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Black Overlord 10.11.21 10:04 pm

What the GeForce GTX 460 is capable of in the new games

Hi, I made a video about my old vidyuha gtx460, I have been sitting on two 780s for 2 years and I wondered if my old vidyuha could at least somehow pull new games, if you are interested, watch the video
20 Comments
Sort by:
n
nickSIA 10.11.21

Black Lord
Have you had two GTX 460s?

S
Seryoga Gontar 10.11.21

I think at medium and maximum speed but not ultra, although which game depends on it

z
zotac17 10.11.21

For the sake of interest, I looked)) I remember I myself had one, even 2. 1st - Gainward GTX460 GLH, but later changed to MSI 460 Hawk Talon Attack. I took the frequencies without straining 860/4400. It was a masterpiece, not a vidyakha, it pulled everything that could be on the ultra. But now modern games with nextgen, not one seeing pulls at 60fps without drawdowns in FullHD. There will definitely be games with poor optimization and clumsy graphics.

B
Black Overlord 10.11.21

nickSIA
yes

7Rain7 10.11.21

Yes, it was an excellent vidyah at the time.

B
Black Overlord 10.11.21

7Rain7
even very much, in 2010 the middle end pulled excellent games, not like the current 960, and then when 2 vidyuhu took in general it was a thrill, everything was ultra without problems.

K
Kryogen 10.11.21

Yes, there was a good vidyuha at one time, I remember in general some kind of non-standard 465 was.

7Rain7 10.11.21

Black Lord
Yeah. Then 60 was not like now 60. It looks like two grandmas gossip))) But in fact it is. At 460 it was possible to drive everything for an ultra long time.

B
Black Overlord 10.11.21

7Rain7
Yes, the difference between 460 and 470 was negligible, even 480 did not add much fps, marketers realized that they needed to underestimate the performance of x60, otherwise they are too profitable, but now there is just a failure between x60 and x80

7Rain7 10.11.21

The Black Lord
Himself did not test, but I wonder what is the difference between 950 and 960 now

G
Grandshot 10.11.21

Black Lord
Well in 2010 and the low-end pulled everything perfectly. The games were just not demanding. Himself at that time was sitting on 250 GTS, and all the novelties of that time were calmly played even in FHD.

A
Alexander Bekker 10.11.21

7Rain7
The difference is, in general, small: about 10%. With an overclocked GTX 950, parity is achieved, and even a little more, so this video card, in my opinion, is a better buy, because the price gap is much larger than in performance.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

the history of this card ended somewhere in butman akhem city and strategies such as king arthur
at the time of its release, I already considered it obsolete tk zhta4 raised the bar for memory consumption to a new level. about 1.4-1.5 gigabytes and therefore any hardware that currently makes it impossible for ultras is obsolete.
and to all sorts of statements like there zhta5 almost at ultras, I can finally treat with great pitch vigilance. Because on ultras it is inaccessible to me due to lack of GPU memory. there is even less memory, so I expect that all modern games designed for 2-3GB should work as an ac syndicate even if the GPU performance is minimally isolated or a second such card is added.
or you need a sufficiently productive cpu for microcapses on one of the older sockets.

B
Black Overlord 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616
you need to disable the video memory limitation, and everything will be available, for example, I have almost 7 GB of video memory on two 780s as GTA writes, and there are no drawdowns and the FPS does not fall below 55

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

Black Lord,
I turned everything off a long time ago. to the fact that I just found out that my performance depends on the filling of the GPU memory. as long as it is below the limit of my 2GB card, everything is fine and there is 5 on ultras in the region of 40-50fps but with soapy textures. otherwise, all modern games will resemble an assassin in the video. Plus, FPS collapses are still possible in the load until the games completely stop and crashes.
Since the connection with the consumption of video memory is obvious, I suspect that all owners of cards with 1-2 GB should experience such problems, regardless of the performance of their cards.

s
sanyaradga 10.11.21

about the playability of GTA5 is higher than at the minimum - it's all nonsense !!!! I myself recently switched from gtx 470 1280mb to gtx 960 4gb !! I play GTA5 myself !!! at 470, only the textures should be set to medium as friezes appear (not so frequent that it was impossible to shoot such a video), but other settings could be twisted, almost harmlessly

7Rain7 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616
I agree with your first post, I removed the minus for you, illegally set by someone.

sanyaradga
It turned out that I dropped out of the green category. Moreover, by pure chance. I wanted to take 970 or 290x already with a non-gift dollar. I monitored tests and prices. It turned out that a friend liquidated a small company and gave the hardware for purchase. The 970s have already been disassembled, so he would have taken a slide. I had to take 290x. Then it cost 22 tr. already on the market. The 970 is slightly more expensive. I got to take the torus from the asus for 11 tr. Of course, any sane person would take it. Bought a bit later he also had a second one. I'll be honest right away - cross-country on radicals works through the ass in Igor. In tests, it may be fine, but in igor it is somehow incomprehensible. One of them flew for me, it was my own fault, I overtook it. But it turned out to be successfully passed under warranty through the same friend. I didn’t change it for the same one, I took it in loot.
As a result, now I have an Asus R9 290X 4 gb. 1170 on a chip 6700 like from memory. I changed the pasta by itself to press, so it did not increase in the noise. GTA 5 everything on ultra pulls comfortably. The Witcher 3 after 10 seems to be like a patch, too, in the region of 45 fps goes without drawdowns. Moreover, I twisted the hairs of Geralt into medium ones. The plans are still at least a year old to sit on it. There already it seems like 12 directors will somehow be brought up and both camps will be released new vidyakhi, I will watch. But 960 frankly upset me. Always the 60th vidyahi were the pre-topic. 70-80 tops. Yes, even the 60s for some time could be safely called vidyaha in the top segment, the 50th average, but the rest is not even considered.
Honestly, I like the 290X. It gave in to overclocking well, although out of habit 5 times I drove it into artifacts. As for the feed, I don't care, 1150 watts gold seems to be like that. Quiet, igori pulls normally on max - high max. I also did not see the problems that were written on the forums about artifacts. But again, both were the same, one died, the second keeps overclocking and transmits the sound through the display port to the receiver. There are no problems with firewood either. Looks like I got into that era when they are not. I do not advertise Vidyahu. With equal prices, then I would take without hesitation the 970th. But in defense, I will say - I am not discouraged, everyone likes it, everything is comfortable and pulls beautifully.
So the next thing I will take until I decided. 1080, of course, this will be overkill with a modern course, but which of the camps it will be, take into account that both want to do something awesome, I'll think.

s
sanyaradga 10.11.21

7Rain7
because of the price I took 960, for 14800 half a year ago somewhere! schA already 22900 price tag in the same place! (GTA identity for ultra but fxaa x2, I don't play the witcher)

7Rain7 10.11.21

sanyaradga
Yes, I don’t play anything anymore. xcom2 like. No time, no desire to be honest. We need to make games short. 4-9 hours - passed. Otherwise, well, there is no time. Phoned friends from the States. They actually asked the military - What are you thinking about starting war about russia. Even carried me in the wrong place. Okay, in iron, I will be grateful to Sergei Viktorovich if he treats him gently. There are not so many of us left, iron lovers)))
You know what they think - no one winner. Fuckers and recruits agree to this. Not a single sensible military man will press a button there. There is a very close family friend - he can afford a small army for money, he is Georgian. There will never be a war - the country will simply explode from the inside. Lived there for almost a year with him, they are not afraid of the Russians there, but they are afraid. And the stereotype plays into the hands.

T
TuzikZloy 10.11.21

on my old pc 450th and gta5 on medium pulls