3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SheDDing 11.11.21 12:29 pm

Ending Discussion (Spoiler alert!) (Enslaved: Odyssey to the West)

Today passed this great game, one of the best games ever played.

So the ending in the game made me think carefully, but I still don't understand why the "Pyramid" was killing humanity? Well, the fact that she is such a type of "Matrix" is understandable, but why she exterminated, I can not figure out in any way.
4 Comments
Sort by:
S
Solow 11.11.21

SheDDing

She did not exterminate, she kind of gave happiness, i.e. She saw it this way: all around was devastation, radiation, suffering, civilization was destroyed, help was needed. And she brought people to her place and immersed them in a matrix-type sleep, where everyone is happy, there are children, a normal planet and balloons.

But since she is a machine, she did not understand that not everyone wants her salvation, not everyone wants to be vegetables, that bellows kill those who resist, that people are separated, etc., she stupidly gave happiness in her understanding.

At the end, when Monkey looked into the mask, do you remember how much he liked it? Apparently the illusion was very good and beautiful.
All that life was built on the basis of the memories of one person who lived in the old world, on the basis of these data, the Pyramid built a virtual world in which all those whom she brought to her live. She considered herself the ark, the last refuge for humanity, the savior from a nuclear wasteland that gives a perfect life.

In general, one could say that they were wrong destroying the Pyramid, if it gave such a life only to those who want, like you're tired of living in a "fallout", came to the pyramid and she gave you a cool illusion. Then it would be normal.

But since she abducted people by force for this, then, in principle, the heroes had no options. Although very few of those whom they freed will survive, count from a perfect dream into a post-nuclear wasteland, then half will go crazy, the other half will die in the process of traveling through the desert, no one is fit either physically or mentally, there is no equipment.

In short, in fact, they chose the lesser of evils, gave people the opportunity to slowly restore civilization.

S
SheDDing 11.11.21

Solow
Thank you so much for the great clarification! It is a pity that the game has failed in terms of sales, it would not be bad to play a sequel.
Today DLC Pigsy's Perfect 10 began to pass - noticeably weaker than the original, but it will take an hour to pass the time.

T
Tokrem 11.11.21

In the first chapter, Monkey captured the slave of the pyramid and forced him to open something and the pyramid destroyed him, that is, she obviously brought some out of the illusory world and forced them to carry out their orders.
And even at the moment of putting on the tiara, Trip, in my opinion, said that this is a reconfigured mech technology to control slaves, which means most likely the Pyramid simply washed the brains of people with an illusory world, and then used them as slaves, in the construction of furs and other technologies.

m
mr.evilset 11.11.21

Tokrem
Well, that's right) It's always like this. In our world, they brainwash-Religion, politics and laws-which puts the whole herd in a certain framework and dictates the conditions for how to live. such a pyramid to keep the herd under control, allegedly for the sake of its good, while not asking whether someone needs it individually or not ... How much do we give for harboring an escaped prisoner?) And the bellows want slaves who will be on them all work life in offices, large hypermarkets ... Imposing the thought that it is necessary for slaves and not furs) So it's good that Trip tore this shit out of Mr.