3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RaptorX8 11.11.21 12:29 pm

Is there a 64-bit version? (Borderlands 2)

When I minimized the game, I saw in the inscription (if I hover the mouse over the minimized window and the name appears on top), so the inscription itself: 32bit dx9, this is written if there are other versions such as 64-bit, etc., so is there in the dx10 game and is there a 64-bit version of the executable?
38 Comments
Sort by:
D
Demnax72xbox 11.11.21

Not yet.

S
Screw it 11.11.21

No, and never will. And in general, get your anus ready, because 99% of games are 32-bit, and your 64-bit system is useful as a goat of milk. Considering that 32-bit applications run under 64-bit systems under emulation, this only leads to a loss of performance, not an increase.

So idiots install themselves 64-bit systems to increase performance, but in the end they only lose performance.

J
Jeffrey muerte 11.11.21

Screw it
pix.PlayGround.ru

J
Jackson [x] 11.11.21

Screw It 09/22/12 3:40 PM -You are right!
Well, how else, vidyuhi and prots have learned to use new ones every month, but with the RAM it is so necessary, that's right.

U
Uran93 11.11.21

Screw It And in general, get your anus ready, because 99% of games are 32-bit, and your 64-bit system is like a goat of milk.
Well, that's right if you have 2GB. RAM, then you do not need a 64-bit system. if you had a 64 bit OS and 8 GB. RAM you would feel the difference between 2GB. on 32 bit OS and 8GB. on a 64 bit OS.
I now have a 64 bit OS and 8GB. RAM and the difference in application performance is very big.

Considering that 32-bit applications run under 64-bit systems under emulation, this only leads to a loss of performance, not an increase.
this problem is compensated by the large amount of RAM!

So idiots install themselves 64-bit systems to increase performance, but in the end they only lose performance.
most likely you are idiots! and you probably do not understand computers at all since you make such conclusions about 64-bit systems.

s
sht2ket 11.11.21

Screw It
So idiots like
you

U
Uran93 11.11.21

RaptorX8
DX10 is not in the game.

is there a 64 bit version of the executable?
no.

S
Screw it 11.11.21

Well, answering the question of a young schoolboy: I am 27 years old, I am a beginner programmer and for 7 years already as a computer assembly technician. But the school "guru" is fun to listen to. :)

Have you forgotten that on the forum? Sit down at the textbooks, forward to knowledge, report to the teacher on Monday. And not about how they played in Borderlands 2, but how they did their homework.

S
Sleepy Bot 11.11.21

Well, I don’t know I have win7 x 64.8GB of opera, the game flies at full steam at high settings and the grapphone is what you need ... of course, if you have 2-3GB of opera, then it makes no sense to put 64bit, although most gamers put 64bit, and more operas ... for yourself)

U
Uran93 11.11.21

Screw It ... I am 27 years old, I am a beginner programmer and for 7 years already as a technician in assembling computers ...
you can see from your posts.
you are most likely 7-12 years old and you do not fumble in computers!

R
RaptorX8 11.11.21

Uran93
I think the spread of his age can be further reduced ...

S
SGate 11.11.21

A 32-bit system does not see more than 2.75-3.5 GB of RAM, since the rest of the RAM is occupied by peripheral devices that do not use it. The volume of memory in the pipe, as they say.
The maximum amount of memory allocated per process in a 32-bit system is 2 GB, in 64 without restrictions, who installed texture packs for games, he knows the difference in performance and stability of these two systems, and naturally choose 64.
If the game uses a huge amount of memory, then on a 32-bit system it will be stupid, in fact, as well as multithreading on a single-core processor.

S
Sleepy Bot 11.11.21

Screw It
Borderlands2 Good Fit Game

N
Nikezzz 11.11.21

and about DX10 or DX11, they are not needed for this din! they will not do the weather, they will only increase the size due to textures and add dullness to someone with weak iron. and 9 direct does an excellent job with the comic graph ...

D
DarkDestr 11.11.21

Screw It
Fucking programmer of you in the future)

i
igorilla_07 11.11.21

Screw It
does not forget that the computer 8 memory gigs svopiruet not at all, i.e., everything is in the RAM. Emulation on a powerful processor is imperceptible in performance at all, but the constant access to the swap (page) file on the disk is very slow.

r
razar8 11.11.21

Screw It
27 years old - novice programmer% (? LOL! And what have you done, let me know before that?
You need to start coding at 10 years old - if you have a computer, or read books about logic and ASM - if you don't have a computer. , by the age of 15-17, but at the same time not having a nifig other than an elf of level 85. And the
mosk is not the same from beer.igorilla_07
Dear, if you are talking about Borderlands 2, then I completely agree with you, otherwise, if you have not met such applications that lack 8GB and a swap is needed here, I ask you not to wang;)

And in general, for the reason of emulation:
Tama patch of OS kernels and virtual systems is even better than lib32, first of all, compatibility, Well, all the more better for running 32-bit applications than Se7en 32bit - I myself will check on the same hardware = More fps from Se7en x64. In games.

i
igorilla_07 11.11.21

razar8
is a gaming forum, so I mean only games as the most capacious in all types of memory. Other applications are not interesting here.

r
razar8 11.11.21

igorilla_07
understood no more questions !!! :)

[
[DizeL] 11.11.21

Dear Screw It
You are a noob and disgraced! Wouldn't be too lazy to even read on the Internet about the difference between the x86 architecture and the x64 architecture ... Copy-paste

, the text is not mine! but it reveals the essence of the matter, read it, take your time!

What is the difference between windows x64 and windows x32?
The main difference is the processor.
When performing complex tasks, the processor needs memory to store intermediate values. For these purposes, the processor has 32 bits of memory.
From this comes its name - 32 bit. If this memory is not enough, the processor splits it into several parts of 32 bits.
Thus, the processing time for a task can be doubled. This means that it will take much more time to perform computational operations.
Previously, 32 bits were enough for the processor for all tasks on a home computer.
But when it came to powerful computers, servers with large volumes of work, 32 bits became noticeably lacking and 64-bit processors were created that coped with their tasks much faster than their predecessors.
Today all processors are 64-bit. But we are still running Windows 7 or XP 32 bit. How is this possible?
Quite simply, a 64-bit processor simulates the operation of a 32-bit processor. But if you want, you can always upgrade to 64-bit Windows and then the processor will use all its power.
Testing was conducted comparing the performance of various configurations in 32 and 64 bit Windows.
According to the results, we can say that a significant increase appeared only in those programs that are optimized for work in 64 bit mode. Basically, these are complex programs and editors that require large amounts of computation.
Why do many people stay on 32 bit Windows when a 64 bit operating system is faster? The main disadvantage of 64 bit Windows.
Everything is very simple, when the processor processes the program in 64-bit mode, it will need more RAM for this anyway. The maximum is 2 times more than on 32 bit Windows.
This is advisable if the processor mainly processes complex programs, where without it there is nothing.
But if we are talking about office computers whose main tasks are: the Internet, text editors, etc., then it will not be profitable to additionally buy memory to install 64 bit Windows, since the extra memory costs will still not make simple programs run faster.

Output. If you have a powerful 4-core processor, more than 4 GB of RAM and you work in complex programs or games, then it is advisable to install 64 bit Windows. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit is ideal.
On a simple dual-core processor, doing simple work in simple programs 64 bit Windows will not only not add performance, but also provide inconvenience.
So I personally would not recommend installing a 64-bit operating system on weak computers.