3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 11.11.21 12:29 pm

Swap file (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Why does this game have such a swap file? Has anyone tried to disable it, and what happened in this game?
29 Comments
Sort by:
S
Solidar 11.11.21

what is it like?

R
Roman_Kos 11.11.21

what?
what did I just read?

S
Stribogg 11.11.21

Since when did swap begin in games?)) It has always been part of the system's RAM, like.
And - what prevents you from turning it off? Or instead of "see once", is it better to write a hundred times on the forums?

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.11.21

Stribogg
I have DDRII RAM. If I turn off the FP, I have a crash. On YouTube I saw a video, the Witcher 3 test on 980Ti, where the dude had 12GB of RAM and 18 of the FP gobbled up. So it became interesting to me how it goes on other systems? And does it go without FP? I get up to 11GB from FP, if RAM is eaten to the eyeballs by

Solovat
Roman_Kos
Eeeee ... Guys, the screen would have looked first. There is Witcher 3 monitoring in the upper left corner: 8007MB of RAM and 10705MB of swap file

h
hoursdragon 11.11.21

[Denis Alexandrovich]
Well, the chewed mole has more than once and more than one video on the network, which tells why to eat so much memory. The world is open and there are transitions between locks, such as: Velen - Novigrad, Novigrad - Oxenfurt - no, this engine needs a lot of memory to keep everything "in good shape", constantly unloading the passed / unnecessary and loading those places where you are moving at the moment and so over and over again. That's why so much to eat.
By the way, Denis Aleksandrovich, you seem to know how to read, so why the hell are you bald, you fucked up the "Gallery" section with your guano with monitoring? If you really want to, then throw it where it should be in the "Screenshots", where they belong due to the presence of a thin layer and this very monitoring of yours. Because it's not even funny anymore - you go in to see what the beautiful people have laid out, what moments they caught, and instead, a formal report about how a clear kid is puffing iron.

u
urban.kalabanovich 11.11.21

I tried to turn it on and off, with 16 gigs and 24 RAM, there is no difference from the word at all.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.11.21

hoursdragon
By the way, Denis Aleksandrovich, you seem to know how to read, so why the hell are you bald-headed you fucked up the "Gallery" section with your guano with monitoring?
I don’t like it, don’t look. Are you an invalid? Will you break your fingers once more if you turn the pages? I sit here most of the time with my mobile, and then I have such an opportunity. What screens I like, I open it. If not, I went through the forest. No difficulties. I see
And I will repeat to you again: I HAVE 880MHz DDRII RAM (5-5-5-18)! And it DOES NOT UNLOAD !!! It fills up to capacity, and the game crashes. black screen. And I don’t need to post lectures about the open world, without your snot I know that it’s open. Of all of you, only one of you could answer briefly and to the point

h
hoursdragon 11.11.21

DOES NOT UNLOADED !!!
Mem Reduct to help you https://github.com/henrypp/memreduct/releases/download/v.3.1.1453/memreduct-3.1.1453-setup.exe
It was necessary to formulate the question correctly and concretize about non-paged memory, and not ask what the paging file is for, if you already know, without my snot.
And about: "Are you an invalid? Will you break your fingers once again if you turn the pages?" He only says that you don't give a shit at everyone except yourself, for the reason that you are clogging up the air and taking up space, de facto, you demand from those around you: turn over, skip. And this is all someone's time and attention. It's like coming to an exhibition, and there is only one picture and then in the farthest room, and everything else is just frames on the walls and at the entrance the museum worker says: “I don’t like it, don’t look. Are you disabled? The legs will break once again if you go through everything. building? I sit here most of the time, and then I have such an opportunity. What kind of frames I like, I will consider. If not, I went through the forest. I don't see any difficulties. "

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.11.21

hoursdragon
What is incomprehensible in my question? The person under the nickname urban.kalabanovich immediately understood everything. .. so many AF / AF disabled aND aLL !!! and then to me possible to continue the dialogue

to speak only about what you do not care at all except for a loved one, for the reason that you - polluting the air and taking up space, de facto, you demand from others: turn over, skip
People look, people like it. I don’t know what my screenshots are shit. So there’s much more shit than from me. I’m still very rarely there and look little, but every time I run up. a question to you in the moderator's room with complaints, and not to me.

“I don’t like it, don’t look. Are you disabled? The legs will break once again if you walk through the whole building? I sit here most of the time, and then I have such an opportunity. What kind of frames I like, I will consider.”
I sympathize. It's hard to live like that. I’ll give good advice: play better in The Witcher 3 than

jerk off the gallery) PS: my monitoring + config show that you don’t have to tear your ass for top PCs in this game. Anyway, Phenom ll x4 940 does not reveal 7950. But in this game the vidyushka is almost fully loaded, and the brow with the 955th Phenom IIx4 @ 4GHz +7970 + 16GB of RAM will be a beauty in general

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

All games have a lot of up to 15 gibubs of the swap file
and 8 or more GB of RAM.
where so much goes - but what's the difference. these are some kind of cache data and they do not interfere with performance. what from the game folder will read what from the swap file. without a paging file, however, if memory runs out, applications can simply - chpok and crash if memory runs out.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Doesn't this FP consumption affect the comfort in the game? Well, for example, microfreezes

R
RusPack1295 11.11.21

I did not understand the question, what did you say, is the swap file in the game? What is this?

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich] a
similar topic was in GTA 5. there was a conversation about microfreeze beginners in 40 minutes. in fact, I caught these friezes only after 3-4 hours when the swap file grew and began to merge 300 MB at a time. and this happened every few 10 kov minutes.
so the friezes are unlikely. however, I sometimes have a slight hang-up in vicnere when running when some tavern is not loaded, and so on. what it is connected with, I don’t know, but it’s unimportant

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.11.21

MunchkiN 616
I have in big cities, for example, in Novigrad

R
Roman_Kos 11.11.21

The swap file is 1GB with 8GB of RAM, neither the witcher nor GTA Did not fly out because of memory nirazu. What is the problem? what am I doing wrong?
Or maybe the author will deign to put the swap file with the pens, and will not leave it in automatic mode, so that it fills it with everything it can and then the computer slows down like the last of the dinosaurs?

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.11.21

Roman_Kos
First, bring the config to the studio, then I will figure out why it is not the same for me as for the rest

R
Roman_Kos 11.11.21

[Denis Alexandrovich]
PC config? Nvidia gtx 750 ti 2 gb, i5-2310, 8gb ram ddr3, 1080p

X
X_ray_83 11.11.21

Roman_Kos
750ti does not pull the witcher on high, we mean HIGH WHERE A LOT OF PEOPLE understand? Clown ?

R
Roman_Kos 11.11.21

X_ray_83
There is only one clown here, because I ride on medium-high ..

X
X_ray_83 11.11.21

Roman_Kos
"because I ride at medium-high"
15 fps in FHD? Like a clown!
His 7950 is high-ultra at FHD, and you're not funny here with your 750ti and mids?