3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Evil Spirit Yambuya 11.11.21 07:02 pm

Pillars of Eternity 2: what would you like to see in the sequel? (Pillars of Eternity)

The game seems to have sold well and obviously we can expect the second part of it.
Your expectations from the game: Pillars of Eternity 2.

In principle, I liked the first part, although it does not reach the level of my favorite game Neverwinter Nights. In the second part, I would like to see the following:

1) A more interesting and significant role of the adventurer / rogue, both in terms of combat and in terms of thefts, traps and other things.

2) I would like to see new companions, with more interesting quests and that their significance in the passage was more tangible.

3) More different pets in the game, and so that they are also more significant, and not just for decoration.
9 Comments
Sort by:
g
grafonoman 11.11.21

I would like a larger game world, so that the combat looks more beautiful, and of course, so that the dialogues, plot, and atmosphere are at the same high level

g
gloccc 11.11.21

Evil Spirit of Yambuya
Delirium to compare neverwinter and pilars of eternity, much more acceptable comparison of et pilars and bulldozer

g
gloccc 11.11.21

Evil Spirit of Yambuya
And the point is to add battle pets to the game if there is a special class in the game that summons and controls animals

C
Cold light 11.11.21

In principle, from the second part I want exactly the same that is now in the first. With companions, as for me, everything is ok, I passed only Manekha in terms of history, and the rest are quite interesting and with character.
From small wishes: I would like to see more individual portraits of the NPC, since the portraits are good, but there are few of them.

s
scorg94 11.11.21

1. Improve companions, more interaction with them, more dialogues with them.
2. Make the fortress more useful.
3. Change the economic system, otherwise I have tens of thousands of coins, and there is nothing to spend them on.
4. Tactical turn-based mode as in divinity original sin or wasteland 2.

I
Inrush 11.11.21

1. A little more game of turns, nakshtalt that moment with Heodan and Kaliska. And I thought that they would be with me to the victorious when I made my way through the Engvitan ruins.
2. Slightly more situations in which you have to make "Sophie's choice".
3. I would like the companions to interfere in dialogues with their own weight and could entail any consequences, and not just be a puff that no one pays attention to. This, incidentally, can be attributed to the same turns.
Here you are conducting a conversation with some dangerous people, and everything seems to be under your control, but here one of your comrades-in-arms take it and blurt out some stupidity that the interlocutors did not like, well, that's it ... they sailed. And you will have to somehow disentangle this matter either by charisma, or by force. And all because in your squad, it turns out, there is an idiot joker.

PS And of course, if Obsidian, suddenly, decide to make a fortress in the second part, then it should be at least no worse than the one in NW2.

x
xSaimanx 11.11.21

1. More elaborate companions, as mentioned above, with significant influence on the plot.
2. Fewer bugs, although this is Obsidian :)
3. A more thoughtful quest sequence, although they will complain about linearity, including those related to companions. Example: after completing the Galawayne quest, in which Magran participates, Stoic was in the party, since he is a follower of Magran, there was a very entertaining dialogue with him at the end, which completed his personal quest, and what if he was not in the party at that moment?
4. Well, all the same, dialogue in the style of videos. At least partially, a la in NWN2

S
SVAEIG 11.11.21

Well, for starters, well-developed satellites. Obsidian can do it. More dialogue, more quests, more impact on the plot.
Turn-based combat or switch from real-time to turn-based, as in Arcanum and Fallout
Outside Man's Tactics , to kick developers for bugs. And an outsider, so as not to allow the scriptwriters to delve into the philosophical jungle.
More situations when you can resolve the matter peacefully. For an RPG of this level, there are too many battles, even with a pumped conviction. In the same Fallout New Vegas from Obsidian, in most quests, the matter can be solved peacefully or by a roundabout way.
Remove the stupid feature when spells and abilities are restored only after rest. Strong drop in dynamics

Y
Ymbx 11.11.21

1) Remove long loading locations. To play and not look at the screensavers
2) The plot is not from the series "we will save the world 1001 times." You give the creation of cults named after GG, palace coups, storming cities, summoning demons and sacrificing virgins
3) Convenient and not dull inventory when scrolling. Let 20 two-handed swords occupy not 20 slots, but one with the number of items. When buying / selling, you can specify the number of items.
4) Make crafting more useful. Food / potions / scrolls are now normal, but there are not enough enchantments for armor / weapons / shields. It would be nice if any property like + to protection against paralysis or retaliation damage could be done by yourself
5) Rewrite the game mechanics. In the current class, like a fighter or a barbarian, are miserable a little less than completely. Paladins and chanters tank and damage much better than fighters. The "N times between rests" abilities for non-caste classes are mostly full of slag. Of those that are comparable to the spells of casters - well, probably the roots of the ranger or the paladin's "punishment of the unworthy". Another thing to remove is the ability to use abilities only in combat. With such a rule, the problem is that the character, for some unknown reason, may be "not in combat", although he just shot at the enemy with a bow. When they run up to him and knock him, he may be and will be. Well, there are still buggy things like the cloak of the master of the mystics (when triggered, it removes the enemies from the state of "in battle" with the character. That is, you can kill enemies, and they don't attack you). The stats (what they affect) are also puzzling. Strength is clearly the most important stat and 95% of builds max it out (well, everyone needs damage and healing).
6) Remove cheating abilities from NPCs like "eternal" stuck or paralysis. This is when the debuff lasts until the end of the fight, until death, or until it is removed. It can be distinguished from a regular debuff by the fact that when you hover the mouse over a character, the remaining duration is not indicated next to the debuff description. It is clear that this can be fought, just, well, very obvious hack on the part of the developers.
7) Agro from NPC. Well, there is nothing more for a level 16 party to do except to fight a crowd of suicidal xauripes, who may well try to avoid a fight.