3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ruider 11.11.21 07:06 pm

Game of Thrones

The question, in fact, the answer to which can significantly save my time.
So that's it. I got the first book "Game of Thrones" a week ago, and ... watched about a season and a half of the series of the same name. Now, it seems to me, it will become much more difficult to read, because the whole plot of this book was retell to me by the series. The question is, is it still worth reading, are the differences between the book and the series global, except for the age of the main characters?
6 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

I read 3 books at the beginning of the series, there is
no essential difference, however, some of them are naturally overlooked, some vainly altered so that timing.
then there is like the circumstance of the death of khal, brother dyneris and the birth of a dragon in the series book, for example. but I already vaguely remember.

S
Seria 11.11.21

Read, further in the series, whole storylines are simply cut out, the fate of some characters is completely different, and the book will be more interesting. However, there is one but: the new season will already overtake the next book, the release date of which is unknown, according to the plot.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

Seria
I have not blown the series so it is difficult for mine to judge the series. I smiled it with separate pieces.
I wrote that the series is a short retelling

S
Seria 11.11.21

MunchkiN 616
I didn't argue with you;)

P
Pacific circle 11.11.21

I wonder, is the book hard to read for me alone?)

N
Neoplayg 11.11.21

For me, this is how season 1 is almost word for word transmitted according to the first book. But then it went on, not without heresy. I didn't even bother to watch the last season; one episode was enough to forget about this series. And about the book, I guess. I'm not sure I'll keep reading even if lazy Martin gets ready to finish writing books.
Read or not? I think it's better to read it - it will come out more holistically and more interesting.