3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Crackheadx 11.11.21 09:35 pm

Disgusting combat. Just a Nightmare (Total War: Rome 2)

Good afternoon.
I recently installed this toy with a friend. We played for a while - we liked everything. Politics, graphics, detailing, atmosphere in the end. Everything is interesting. Until it came down to the immediate battlefield. THAT'S JUST TERRIBLE! Nightmare, darkness, idiocy.
Units do not react at all to orders, they constantly drop the received order, archers behave like patients with cerebral palsy - they do not attack at all, then they constantly move away and just start to stand, then they do the devil (they seem to shoot, but the squad kills 8-10 units.) Everyone jerks, when 70% of the squad is kneaded, they just stand still, everything is very long.

I thought maybe I was doing something wrong - I read an article about formations and sending troops through ctrl (I don't remember exactly) and A-click. Nicholas. The same downward gameplay.

Is that how it should be? Maybe you need some kind of patch. It seems to be an interesting toy, but the combat game (which we had) is 1 point (at best) out of ten. They didn't play.
21 Comments
Sort by:
C
Comment 11.11.21

Crackheadx
Fighting is normal. This is how you do it. But what happens periodically: "... the units do not react to orders at all, they constantly drop the received order, the archers behave like patients with cerebral palsy - they do not attack at all, then they constantly move away and just start to stand ...", - this is definitely a cant of the CA. Moreover, in some (one of the first) patch they fixed it, but in subsequent ones this problem reappeared and is still often encountered and very annoying.

A
Alexator 11.11.21

O_o are we playing different total bets? Or did you download an old repack without patches? I have all the rules.

C
Crackheadx 11.11.21

Oh, yeah, lol. I have version 1.1
And there are already patches 1.9

I didn’t think about a patch. Gone get high from the game <3

D
Dr. Schmeisser 11.11.21

Already 1.11 and 1.9 old

C
Comment 11.11.21

Dr.Schmeisser
That's for sure!

A
AlexM1 11.11.21

on 1.11 is there a trainer for pirates?

H
Homeland lover 11.11.21

I also forgot to thoroughly mix the units with each other.
Although it looks pretty funny, against the background of a generally gray and boring game.

A
Alexator 11.11.21

Antifa they
make you play it, yeah

H
Homeland lover 11.11.21

Blockhead Second shoo
, schmuck!
And why did you fall into bathert? I'm not mixing them! LOL

Alexator
well so the money is spent. Do not throw it away! Yes, and I love in places to mock the flawed. Well, you felt on yourself!
Besides, I am waiting for this dullness to resemble total var. Maybe at the very end of the game, just about, a little more!

H
Homeland lover 11.11.21

By the way, the game came out surprisingly miserable. Now we are talking about the comparison with the Shogun. Doesn't stand up to any comparison!
There, blood gushed in fountains. With each striking blow, the fighter bent over in pain, fell, writhed.
And here? As in a kids' game of war or bad theater: a poorly animated poke, and he readily falls, almost before he was hit. And the blood does not splatter (!!!) when injured. But nevertheless, it is present in the form of a scripted scattering of spots on individual units. Where does it come from? Well, it's clear from the script. but this is such a profanation!

s
saa0891 11.11.21

Antifa

H
Homeland lover 11.11.21

saa0891
Shield! You puzzled me. During the video I noticed one severed head and a couple of fountains. Still, there is something left of the Shogun! Alas, quite a bit.

I'll have to take a closer look in my battle, maybe I'll get lucky.
Although the picture is still depressing. Spears of the phalanx, which freely penetrate through the shields, were especially pleased (the beginning of the second demonstration).

s
saa0891 11.11.21

Antifa I'll

have to take a closer look in my battle, maybe I'll get lucky.

Exactly, also at the same time look at how they fight with swords, dodge, throw them over themselves, fight back with shields, chop off limbs and heads, pierce through, etc., also do not forget that this is a strategy and not a slasher or a fighting game.

H
Homeland lover 11.11.21

saa0891
But, I dare to assume that the effects that are noticeable with the naked eye are not identical to the gadgets that must be looked for with a magnifying glass (the same video is a confirmation of this).

s
saa0891 11.11.21

Antifa

But, I dare to suggest that the effects that are noticeable with the naked eye are not identical to the gadgets that must be looked for with a magnifying glass (the same video is a confirmation of this).

Once again, for those who are in the tank, this is a strategy with a huge number of units, it happens that more than 20 thousand immediately take part in battles, and you want dismemberment and detailing in slashers, I think this can be done, the problem is that no computer can handle it, and so at maximum settings it lags.

C
Comment 11.11.21

Antifa
Here you are often compared with the second shogun. But do not forget that there were few factions in it, and all units in them are absolutely the same. And it's not so difficult to prescribe animations. Now compare with Rome 2 !!!! A shitload of fractions and a large number of units. Plus, do not forget: in shogun, the time of the Japanese samurai (one-on-one), and in Rome, the phalanx (line) to the phalanx (line). Different tactics of battle, and therefore, different implementation in the game;) And it looks, of course, differently.

A
Alexator 11.11.21

Antifa
yes, I have long felt that you are an idiot. This is so annoying ...

M
ME2 Omega 11.11.21

Comment
all foot units have the same skeleton, i.e. the animation is essentially the same. The problem is that someone was too lazy to do their job and make more different animation tracks. Although there was plenty of time and money for it

C
Comment 11.11.21

ME2 Omega
Was there a lot of animations in Shogun? )))) The conversation was about the fighting style. In Shogun 2, one-on-one battles (samurai versus samurai) were prescribed, which is historically correct. And in Rome, a conditional phalanx, from here the battle takes place "wall to wall".

A
Alexator 11.11.21

ME2 Omega
Time and money was abundant? That is, the release of Rome 2, which was treated with patches for six months, is it on time?