3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mister611 11.11.21 09:35 pm

DirectX12 (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Interesting news http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-might-get-directx-12-pc-patch.html
Perhaps with the next patch the game will work on DirectX12. Until I go to the end, I'll live in GTA5 before the update))
22 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

mister611
Nothing will be added, and if they do, it will not give any visible results. The game must be initially written under dx12.

D
Devilor 11.11.21

Somehow late, they thought about it. The game is cool, but unfortunately very small, even if you collect all the puzzles and go through the caves.

m
mister611 11.11.21

Devilor
Agree. Why not immediately support DX12? I just have a 45% passage so far, I have been stuck in GTA5 with friends lately, and then I read this news. It just became interesting to compare with DX11, it is clear that the graphics will not change, they are already excellent, but it’s just interesting to compare the optimization: loading video memory, RAM and parrots in Dx12, of course. Although if this thing is like Mantla from AMD, then the difference will be close to "0", in any case it was so in BF4 that on the direct, that on the mantle - everything is the same. In general, let's see what kind of beast Dx12 is, if only for the sake of interest))

J
Janchik Vanagels 11.11.21

Yes already wrote blogs about it.

D
DreamZ PRO 11.11.21

If this is true, then we will wait for dx12. very tempting thing)

t
tesla707 11.11.21

for which version is this news relevant?
When analyzing version 1.0.623.2 for encryption, I did not notice any DirectX 12, only the usual DirectX 11
Spoiler
in general, of course, initialization and rendering are hidden like tin, I even had to partially dump the executable to see it.

D
DEN63RUSS 11.11.21

they will add this desired dx12 of yours for a year, a new tomb rider will be released and they will still file it

n
nickSIA 11.11.21

DEN63RUSS
Does this DX12 really need it? Better would be engaged in optimization.

D
DEN63RUSS 11.11.21

exactly

c
crus4ders 11.11.21

The DirectX12 button in the launcher is located instead of the Exit button. When, for the first time I saw this news and it said, "they say you want to check it yourself, put the beta version of the patch on the incentive and see it in person", but I didn't see anything like it.
Most likely it is fake and photoshop.

m
mister611 11.11.21

DEN63RUSS
"... add your desired dx12 ...."

- why sarcasm? What's wrong with the implementation of new technologies in games and the desire to touch these technologies yourself? Well, you don’t need it, okay, although the games will soon start coming out with support only for Dx12, so if you like to play, you have to be ready, and not whine about bad optimization later. But what new will Dx12 give and will it give at all, we'll see, it will be interesting))

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

nickSIA
So with dx12 there will be + 400% increase in fps for amd and 200% for nvidia. So much for the optimization. Potsyks will be able to gamble at 4k 60fps even on r9 270. Seriously though, dx12 is simple marketing to promote win10.

t
tesla707 11.11.21

Lisstoman
"r7 270"
dike link to such a video card?
There is no such card, there is R9 270. What a confusing name for this mod. Okay, here on the forum, and on 3dnews in the news, they often write R7 270

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

tesla707
Oh yes, sorry, something I ranked it as r7, but of course its performance pulls on r9)) In any case, this vidyakha is good as a plug, but it is not for games)

m
mister611 11.11.21

Lisstoman
"... But seriously, dx12-simple marketing to promote win10 ...."

- it may well be, but we'll see, the conclusions are at least premature. With each new "direct", there were always improvements in the graphics, when significant, when not very much, but there were. So with Dx12, I hope the trend will continue. And I don't see anything bad in promoting the 10-ki either - the best Windows in all respects, at least in my opinion.

PS Why make jokes about the R9 270? Not everyone can afford to swing graphics in modern games, and for medium-high settings this card will do just fine.

S
SP-minus 11.11.21

DX12 cheating for suckers from MS

m
mister611 11.11.21

So a patch with Dx12 support has come out. Now we will find out what kind of beast it is)) In the evening I will check it myself, write to someone who sees the difference in the game.

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

mister611 Have
already checked everything. There is no difference)

m
mister611 11.11.21

I tested it, I agree, there is no difference, just as in his time Mantle in BF4 did not bring anything for me. Perhaps the increase in performance will be felt by people on configs with weak CPUs.

We'll watch later games with a real Dx12, not a patch. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is now available for purchase. and a little later Quantum Break.

A
Auto Surgut 11.11.21

what's the problem, I have a 970 GTX and I can't put a tick in the settings, vidyaha supports DX12