3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
attacking_beaver 11.11.21 09:36 pm

FPS cyclical drawdowns (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Passed the game on this config: i5-4570, gtx 760 2 gb, 8 gb ram. on medium, something low, but 60 fps exported without lags and friezes. recently bought a gtx 970 4 gb to replace the 760th. the settings were set outrageously high. the game pulls 60 fps, but right away from the beginning of the game every minute or so, fps drops to 10-15 seconds by 2 and again returns to 60 fps and so it repeats. the settings have no effect. I turned off everything at all, everything is low and the same thing happens. shoveled the entire forum, bes tried it - did not help. What can be wrong?

ps in other games everything is fine.
15 Comments
Sort by:
_
_JustPRO_ 11.11.21

maybe something with RAM

M
Mark Rivin 11.11.21

attacking_beaver
During the game, did you check the temperature and workload of the video card with the processor? Maybe overheating is going on and therefore the jumps are like that.
And what about RAM, do other games or high-capacity applications have freezes?

D
Dmitriy_XAN 11.11.21

attacking_beaver
I'll ask a stupid question, what kind of power supply do you have? It's just that the 760 and 970 have a different power consumption, the card may not be enough, but it will work at the same time (40 percent)

D
Don Juan 11.11.21

Dmitriy_XAN
The 970th compared to the 760th has 25 watts less energy consumption, 145 versus 170.

D
DeadMan451 11.11.21

attacking_beaver
It looks like there is not enough RAM and the game will be swapped to disk. Check if there are any malware eating RAM hanging in the background, and test the operative itself. As an option, the read / write speed of the screw on which the swap file hangs has dropped dramatically, so it's worth checking it too.

_
_B1aD3_ 11.11.21

Install MSI afterburner, During subsidence, look at the workload of the video card (graph), if it jumps, you will not do anything. For some (for me) at this moment it crashes altogether. I also noticed that if you press Alt + Enter (already in the game), the fps rises by 10-ok.

D
Dmitriy_XAN 11.11.21

Don Juan
Come on? It depends on which ones, the author did not name a specific brand

http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/palit_graphics_accelerators/2Gb-PCI-E-DDR-5-Palit-GeForce-GTX760-RTL-DualDVI-plus-HDMI-plus -DP-plus-SLI_161327.html

here is 760 for 170 watts

http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/asus/asustek_video/4Gb-PCI-E-DDR-5-ASUS-TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5-RTL -DualDVI-plus-HDMI-plus-DP-plus-SLI-GeForce-GTX970_207259.html

but 970 for almost 250 watts

D
Don Juan 11.11.21

Dmitriy_XAN
I'll get better, I compared the MSI brand, since I myself use only their cards, for more than five years now and so far without any complaints.
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/msi/msi_video/2Gb-PCI-E-DDR-5-MSI-V284-N760-TF-2GD5-OC-RTL-DualDVI-plus-HDMI-plus-DP- plus-SLI-GeForce-GTX760_166247.html
and
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/msi/msi_video/4Gb-PCI-E-DDR-5-MSI-V316-GTX-970-GAMING-4G-RTL- DualDVI-plus-HDMI-plus-DP-plus-SLI-GeForce-GTX970_195055.html
145 and 170.

D
Dmitriy_XAN 11.11.21

Don Juan,
I don’t deny that it’s so, I’ll just repeat that the author did not name exactly which model he replaced with which one, but as you can see, problems due to power supply can be

D
Don Juan 11.11.21

Duck and I do not argue with you)

a
attacking_beaver 11.11.21

MSI graphics card was ASUS. In other games, everything is fine, there are no freezes, no crashes, no freezes.
_B1aD3_
tested MSI afterburner. during subsidence there is a failure in the graph of the GPU load and the GPU core frequency. the temperature is even, not more than 65 degrees.

ps and one more thing, there are no drawdowns in windowed mode. but since there the FPS is much lower than in the full screen, it is not pleasant to play.

for the sake of interest, I measured the time after which drawdowns occur, exactly every minute.

a

Okay, I realized, hardly anyone will help because the problem is too incomprehensible. I myself have tried a lot of things - zero sense. the question is different: what is the difference between the windowed mode and the full-screen mode from the point of view of resource use, because there are no such sagging in windowed mode. maybe if you find out what the cardinal difference is and the reason will be clarified.

u
urban.kalabanovich 11.11.21

attacking_beaver
We did not try to deliver the maximum performance in the video driver.

a

urban.kalabanovich
tried it. as for the settings, I've probably already tried all the combinations

a

solved the problem. since the decision turned out to be unexpected, it is unlikely that it will help anyone, but still I will write. I had the unhackme program in my tray, recently I was cleaning the computer from the mail agent and other bugs, and so this program just constantly started up along with the axis. and every minute of the campaign she spent a scan due to which drawdowns occurred, but only in the witcher.