3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey heizenberg 11.11.21 09:40 pm

Assembling a computer, clarifying some issues

Hello everyone! I am assembling a high-end computer for myself. By the end of the month I buy a video card, then I will take it gradually at a downward price - mother, processor, etc. In connection with the expensive cost of components, I would like to clarify some points:
1) How safe is it to buy goods in online stores? Primarily interested in Xpert.ru and Megabit. There the prices are the cheapest for interesting vidyuhi. Or is it better to overpay a couple of thousand, but take it in your city?
2) How risky is it to take components gradually? Could it be that in six months, when I assemble the entire computer, some part will not work and it will not be changed for me?
3) Does the thermal paste tend to dry out over time and what additional parts and cords may be needed when assembling the computer case on your own, except for those that will be in the component boxes?

So far, everything seems to be))
23 Comments
Sort by:
b
billypit 11.11.21

A strange desire to buy a video card first and put it to rest, become obsolete, become cheaper.
Isn't it wiser to buy everything else without a vidyuhi, use a computer on an integrashka,
and when there is money for the video, buy the most relevant one at that time.

A
Alexey heizenberg 11.11.21

billypit
Yes, this is not the point, I am more concerned about other questions. And to be honest, the 970 is unlikely to become very outdated in six months))

K
Kryogen 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
At the moment, buying a 970 is complete nonsense, she is already a year and a half, I bought a red-headed MSI at 1 for 15800 at one time, then I sold it for 20, so since you still assemble in parts, I recommend waiting for the release of Pascal, see the tests , and decide for yourself what to take, by that time 970 will noticeably fall in price.

A

Kryogen
Well, ok, I'll think about it. What can you advise on other questions?

K
Kryogen 11.11.21

To buy in the summer, the most profitable will be, as in the past and the year before last, I bought an SSD in Xpert.ru, there are no problems to this day. If you are very far, for example, like me, 5t.km from Moscow, then buy best on COMPUTERUNIVERSE, bought 980ti there that summer in July cost 37t. Came in 18 days.

n
nechaav 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
A couple of times I took components in Megabit, everything is fine. You can not pay immediately, but give the money only when you receive the goods at the terminal of the transport company, after checking the appearance.

A

nechaav
I'm thinking about him now ... Do they give a guarantee? So that later, if it turns out that some kind of jamb during assembly, could it be returned?

s
skilsaf32 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
Yes, there are no jambs in the assembly. You can still see the regard, it is very cheap.

w
wektor1313 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
at first it is better to take as everyone said except vidyuhi, and then save a little and acquire vidyuhi norms, additional cords and so on, in general, will not be useful because spare wheels come to each component and as a result you will at least hang these cords in the Internet I do not advise you to take anything to stores, it is better to take it in your city. Thermal paste dries and turns into stone, not so quickly on the process, but on the video, after the warranty expires, I advise you to change it once every 2-3 months with frequent work, but if you play on your computer, say a couple of hours a day, then you can once in the floor change the year, it's okay

A

skilsaf32
regard only for Moscow works
wektor1313
And he himself was not burnt on the Internet shops? Why don't you advise?

w
wektor1313 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg once
ordered a router for aliexpress, delivered a box with a corpse, didn't even try to order something more serious, I'm not a damn millionaire. So you order a card for 30k + and they will send you a knocked-on one, where will you return it under warranty if they send it, say, from China?

B
Brashnashla 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
1. It depends on which store. Collected a computer in Yulmart - everything works without problems. At one time, the goods from them broke a couple of times - they returned the money without problems.
2. It is necessary to read the rules for buying complex goods on the Internet. So I don't remember right away, like, if the product did not fit and it is not damaged, it has an initial appearance and an initial box, then you can return it. I don't remember how long the goods can be kept. But such a law certainly exists. And if it does not work, then the guarantee for serious (expensive) hardware is at least
3 years old . In theory, no. I even have excess left, although it is better to check the complete set both upon purchase and upon receipt. For example, I bought a mount for the SSD, and it came with the disk. Also, for example, the wire for connecting the monitor speakers also came with it.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

a video card can be bought only if you plug it into a working pitch. But for example, even so I famously sucked with the most productive card that was on the market, because it is getting out of date.
it should be bought last.
before, I also collected pitch with some delay, those parts were lying around for several months. then something was going to change. and so a lot of rubbish lies. the probability that it will be found out that something does not work is, but it is very small. will not work well and pitch with it. but I think it is worth resorting to such an upgrade scheme when buying only rare orytny parts. it is better to save up ordinary bourgeois i7 and so on, since there is a possibility of just buying a newer piece of iron in one fell swoop.
packaged thermal paste is stored for more than a year. I once disassembled the video port there and then assembled it and did not know how to lubricate it. then I dug out a packet of this thermal paste that had lain for several years and applied it calmly. about what may not be this bridges if. they usually have to come with a mat board. if it turns out that the standard is out of date or out of order especially if it is 4wow if i think that would be the greatest backside. it is difficult to replace and diagnose the problem. everything else can probably be bought from the store's tray if the ata cord or some trifle is faulty.

n
nik555555555 11.11.21

take only in your city, for example, DNS and so that the warranty is 3 years

n
nechaav 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
Yes, there is a guarantee, read more on their website. I didn't have to use it :-)

A

MunchkiN 616
Well, since everyone advises me to take vidyuhu in the last place, probably today I will already order an I5 6400 processor and thermal paste can)) I think it is still quite relevant?

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
why do you need thermal paste. in theory, it should be in any pitch store, or as a rule goes in a place with a cooler or boxed processor.
individually, I don’t know how much it makes sense to buy parts of this caliber. since there is no reason why they will not exist or there will not be a better compatible analogue. for this reason, it is better to buy a block mother of percent and memory at once with a full set.
and regarding i5 how relevant it is to pitch-pitch here, each baker sees the situation differently. in the vast majority of games, he will allow you to play on the ultras.

A

MunchkiN 616
Okay, thanks for the clarification. Well, in general, I placed the order, now I will wait and hope that the processor will come in its best form. I don't want to take everything at once just because of the instability of our ruble exchange rate)) By the way, if it's not difficult, can you advise a mother, a power supply unit and a case for such a process?

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

Alexey Heizenberg
if only this cpu and this card without overclocking should be enough for any 600W and thicker, respectively.
the case does not matter, you need to look at what the motherboard is, the cooler and the video card so that it all fits.

S
SP-minus 11.11.21

in a year it is not the card that becomes outdated, but the sucker who said it