3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex hawk 11.11.21 10:14 pm

Error after disabling the swap file (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Has anyone encountered such a problem? I have 8 gigabytes of RAM. Having disabled the swap file, almost immediately after the start of the game I see an error (screenshot below), but the most interesting thing is that 6 gigabytes are not occupied at the same time - this is the first. And the second - I can not touch the error and just expand the game and continue playing. What could be the reason for the "pseudo-lack of memory"? The situation is similar with many new games, for example GTA 5.
Screenshots

35 Comments
Sort by:
E
Esthetix 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
There is such a jamb on wines 10, even with a ssd disk, a lack of memory flies. And he flies out because of the lack of video memory !!! ... Turn on pumping won't be a problem

E
Esthetix 11.11.21

Vedge_Antilles
I will tell you the secret in Win10 swap file if it is turned off, and there is an excess of Video memory, then hello there is not enough memory.

G
GG4 11.11.21

Den4ikRZK
I measured it on purpose, turned it off and on again. Memory consumption hasn't increased at all.

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

Den4ikRZK
I've attached a screenshot that shows it. I can glue a hundred more of the same. It was made with paging disabled.
Esthetix
I have no problems with the lack of video memory. Mistakes on it, even more so.

E
Esthetix 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
You're wrong. A short jump that does not even have time to be displayed in the aftermath and causes this error.

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

Esthetix
I still tend to the option that video memory has nothing to do with it. "The Witcher 3" almost never takes me more than 1500MB. 1500 out of 4000. What other leap? :)

E
Esthetix 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
At ultra settings, the witcher takes from 1600-2800, and there is a short-term jump in all memory, an old joke. I say turn on the pumping, the problem will go away. and the problem is not in the ram. This is a pure glitch only on WIn10 and with video memory.

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

Esthetix
Well, first of all, pumping is already on. I can't play without it, and this is logical. And secondly, what does "ultra" have to do with it? For example, I'm not playing on ultra settings. And here those who have 2800? =)

n
nestrbob 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
Everything is shown on your screen - the GPU is loaded to its fullest, it is no longer normal, the horses die from the maximum load. Where do you think the system should add graphic data to the RAM or what? I do not understand at all why disable the paging file, if the game or software has enough RAM for normal operation, then it does not use the paging file anyway, and if the program needs a paging file directly for the program to work, then it will naturally swear at the lack of space for storing data ... Does adding 16-32GB of disk space by deleting the paging file make life happier?

S
Someone like-you 11.11.21

8gb is disabled because if the RAM is more than 6 there is no sense in it

D
Danil Zotov 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
automatically, it cannot be turned on, I even checked, well, I'm sorry, I did not know that you have 2 GB each bar

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

Danil Zotov
It is always switched on "automatically".

D
Danil Zotov 11.11.21

Alex Hawk
on Windows 10 there is no such !!

O
Old_Nick 11.11.21

The W10 monitors the "peak" memory load, and - from any application. If they happen "close" to each other (I don't remember the exact period in ms), Windows thinks that they can "overlap" and then there will not be enough memory, which it warns about in advance.
But this does not mean at all that memory is really not enough. :)

A
Alex hawk 11.11.21

Old_Nick
After a liter of flooding, at least something useful. Thanks.