3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman Pivovarov 11.11.21 10:18 pm

Saves are damaged. (Fallout 4)

There was a problem. Before exiting the game, I saved a quick save, exited in the usual way (Not Alt + F4), after mods I did not put any before launch. When I go in and load any save game, the game crashes with the error "The program has stopped working." The new game is created normally. We tried to download the result of the save from a friend, an endless download. I checked the cash games. I turned off the mods, nothing helps. What could be the problem and is it possible to somehow restore the saves?
25 Comments
Sort by:
H
Halagaz 11.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
I have the same thing. I did not find a solution.

g
grafonoman 11.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
I had this garbage after the new patch, so here either roll back or follow the new son ...

R
Roman Pivovarov 11.11.21

grafonoman
After the patch I played normally for 2-3 days. and then xs how did this start

g
grafonoman 11.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
hmm ... try to copy the ini files wherever you go, and try to load the game

P
PIRAT69 11.11.21

Well, or ask for a save game where you stopped, for example. I think it depends on the pill. Or that you have a license there. If it's a lick, try to unsubscribe in support and throw off the save. I think they will help and fix it. They helped me personally, but in other games. They repaired the save, gave it back. From what moment I finished with that and continued. Tada, Well, there were problems, they always helped. Xs how they fix them there. But there was no such thing that we could not help with anything. Good fellows are helping. I'm glad and they are happy for a penny. Yes, it's their job to help people with their product.

R
Roman Pivovarov 11.11.21

Badfox1988
Even if the save game with mods was, they will help and how long will it take?

A
AntonToxa 11.11.21

Write your problem on YouTube. maybe you will find solutions there

R
Roman Pivovarov 11.11.21

AntonToxa
In the comments do you mean or put on your channel along with the problems?

A
AntonToxa 11.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
Search engine

R
Roman Pivovarov 11.11.21

AntonToxa Watched
. Did not help (

A
AntonToxa 11.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
If you are registered in mail then ask there.

M
Marty52 11.11.21

There was exactly the same problem. In general, the joke is this: I turned off some plug-in, went into the game, tried to load and the game crashes with the error "The program has stopped working." Turned this plugin back on and everything works. I decided this: using the Nexus Mod Manager, I moved this plugin to the end of the loading order, loaded the game, saved, exited, disabled this plugin and the save loaded already without problems. Saved again so that there is no information about the problematic mod in the save. The problem itself appeared with the latest update. As I understand it, many mods have lost compatibility due to changes in the work with plugins and in-game files.

f
falsh777 11.11.21

Sometimes it helps to drive the graph to a minimum. Not for everyone and not always. And provided that it is definitely not fashion.

D
DingDon 11.11.21

Marty52, you just saved me !!! Reinstalled the game, but the saves are not fumbling! Panic!
I began to include all the mods in turn, from those that were before. It turned out that this mod "Where Did I Put That" with signs is all crap. When I put it again, it worked. Only now it is impossible to knock it out, because then the save will not start again (How can I cut this bastard now?

M
Marty52 11.11.21

DingDon
Well, I basically described the procedure for getting rid of the "malicious" plug-in, but if this does not help, then you need to invent something new.

B
BlackTigerTK 11.11.21

DingDon
There is a utility Fallout 4 Save Game Editor - on the nexus can be found. With its help, the desired save is edited - the unnecessary plug-in is removed. It is better to save it under a different name. Or make a backup beforehand. After this operation, the save should load normally.

M
Marty52 11.11.21

BlackTigerTK
Yes, but this program has a huge drawback: all items from plugins that follow the deleted one in the order of loading will have their ID shifted and they will either disappear from the inventory altogether or be replaced with other items.

B
BlackTigerTK 11.11.21

Marty52
Well, the program is in alpha state ... but at least something ... if you move the plugin to the very end of the list before deleting it?

M
Marty52 11.11.21

BlackTigerTK
Most likely this way it will work without problems. Worth trying.

r
ripvango 11.11.21

I understand correctly - if mods are not installed at all, then such problems will not arise?