3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
starchalex 11.11.21 10:24 pm

Strict NAT (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Hi. While playing GTA online, I get the message "Your NAT is too strict and it can cause lags, blah blah."
I tried to open ports manually, but in this case they remain closed. Will putting my computer in the DMZ help? ip is static.
51 Comments
Sort by:
a
anri987 11.11.21

buy a white IP from your provider there is no other way

s
starchalex 11.11.21

I looked at my IP, turned off the Internet, turned on the Internet (router) and the IP remained the same - does it mean white?
Yes, and the address starts with 178.

D
Dan Hauser 11.11.21

Call your provider and buy a real IP address!

t
t830x 11.11.21

You have a gray address if the information on the state of the Internet connection contains an IP address that starts with numbers: 10 ..., 127 ..., 169 ..., 172 ... or 192 ...

Open UPnP in the router and the problem should disappear

s
starchalex 11.11.21

The funny thing is that UPnP is allowed but the problem is not solved by this. It's the same in Age of Empires 3 or GameRanger multiplayer.

t
t830x 11.11.21

Then pull the ports until they open

s
starchalex 11.11.21

Should all ports be open now?

The ports remained closed, turned off and turned on UPnP again, we'll see.

t
t830x 11.11.21

public ip adress starts with 10 a this is the internal ip in the network of your provider, you don't have your own personal ip, only buying a personal IP from the provider will solve your problem with strict NAT, pulling the router settings will not solve the problem.

My

personal ip looks like this in my router , it's free for 8 years already, it's still registered in my account settings

s
starchalex 11.11.21

strange, this address is indicated here

ok understood - thanks!

t
t830x 11.11.21

This is the public ip under which many of your network sit
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/ru/articles/206210548-GTA-Online-Fixing-GTA-Online-when-using-strict-type-NAT

s
starchalex 11.11.21

in general, without buying a personal IP, how can you?

L
LEFT FOR DTF 11.11.21

starchalex
meyan somehow had problems. and I opened ports through the firewall (or somewhere, I don't remember anymore). I couldn’t host before, they didn’t see me. after opening ports in Windows everything worked.

here, perhaps
Spoiler

b
bfd89 11.11.21

lags online. departures from sessions, empty sessions. Internet stable 60 Mbps, from megaphone 4g. router tp link 3420, registered ports as indicated on the rockstar website, did not help. the provider does not provide the static IP service to individuals (only corporate). how to fix?

m
m1st4you 11.11.21

Md
Through wi-fi it is finite. Intermittent connection

M
MiGamer86 11.11.21

bfd89
Once the speed allows you to use VPN and proxy servers. For example Betternet. But you have to google and try, since not everyone is friends with your Internet. The best and really working way is to use Avast! SecureLine, but there is a paid subscription and it costs 1500 per year. I am not campaigning. There are many alternatives on the net, you just have to take the time and look.

T
The dmitry disaire 11.11.21

MiGamer86
pirates have not been canceled)

t
t830x 11.11.21

https://www.francevpn.xyz free VPN in France, there is a profile topic on the router, sometimes it does not connect because a lot of people are sitting and some of them drive torrent p2p traffic through VPN, clogging up the channel, which makes many again unable to connect

M
MiGamer86 11.11.21

Author_Nick
Why talk nonsense? The man asks about online. There is no online pirate.

T
The dmitry disaire 11.11.21

MiGamer86
I'm not talking about a pirate GTA5, but a pirate Avast! SecureLine

Q
Quinquaginta 11.11.21

bfd89
I also have a 4g router, only from the beeline, but there were no problems, maybe your zone is not covered by a 4g network, and you play through 3g, and there the ping is high and the transmission speed is low, look at the coverage area of ​​the network or ask and provider, do you have 4g there