3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vinni-Pukh 11.11.21 10:24 pm

Lady of Time and Space (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello to all fans and just fans of The Witcher. During the game, I had 1 question. During the campaign of Geralt from Rivia and Avallak'ha, Avallak'ha told the Witcher that he moves between worlds only through portals, he does not have such a gift as Ciri, for only the elder blood possesses such a gift. But during the game, it was clear that not only she has such a gift. For example, Caranthir, but this is understandable, Avallak'ha crossed him from many elves who ruled over time and space. But for example, in battle, Imlerich moved just as quickly. + Eredin. So they also have older blood? Or how do they move quickly there?
39 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dr.Zoomer 11.11.21

JOKERIVAN
This was stipulated by Avallah when the Alder King was alive, not Eredin. The game does not indicate that Eredin wanted a child.

D
Dr.Zoomer 11.11.21

Wild Rider
Sapkowski mentioned that Lara's gene is manifested only in women. The origins in the universe of the witcher were not only according to the tree of Ciri. A certain Gerhard from Aelle is also a source, nothing to do with Cyrilla's pedigree. After rereading the letter, it is indicated that the world will be saved by the child of the elder blood, but he did not cope (as we know, Cyril will cope later). It is logical to assume that he is the usual source of nothing related to Ciri, moreover, if you recall, then Jacob was not friends with his head and hung too much on himself.

J
JOKERIVAN 11.11.21

Dr.Zoomer
Firstly, it is indicated in the book, in plain text, literally I don’t remember, but there was a moment when Eredin wanted to fuck her. All of them, that Auberon, that Avalak'hu, that Eredin needs Ciri's child, supposedly his abilities will be much more powerful than that of his mother, but the fate of Ciri after childbirth is no longer interesting to anyone, and if Auberon was still going to let her go into his world, then Eredin was going to kill, out of harm's way ... And they need a child, with more powerful abilities, not only in order to conquer other worlds, but also in order to save their own, a white coldness was also approaching the world of the Alder people.Secondly
, In the game, this is hinted at, for example, if Eredin, well, straight like that, and immediately wanted to kill Ciri, then why do you think at the time of the battle for Kaer Morhen, he threatened to kill Vesemir if Ciri did not surrender to him

W
Wild rider 11.11.21

Dr.Zoomer
"A certain Gerhard from Aelle also has a source, nothing to do with Cyrilla's pedigree."
Yes, the source does not have to refer to the descendants of Lara.

"Sapkowski mentioned that Lara's gene appears only in women."
Where was it said, don't you remember? However, a descendant of indeterminate gender was mentioned more often.

"It is logical to assume that he is the usual source of something not related to Ciri"
The problem is that these are only assumptions. He can be just as right in his blood as he is right in the fact that the White Cold will come. Here you can argue endlessly.

D
Dr.Zoomer 11.11.21

Wild Rider
The letter does not explicitly say that he says "I AM A CHILD OF OLDER BLOOD", besides, no one confirms this in the game.

W
Wild rider 11.11.21

Dr.Zoomer
http://3witcher.ru/uploads/pages/112/v3_staryj_znakomy_pob_4.jpg
This letter clearly states that he is a Child of the Elder Blood.

"no one confirms this in the game."
Well, who should confirm? Nobody talks about him. In the first part, I remember, the Source and the Elder Blood were mentioned in the in-game books. Only it seemed to me that they actually put an equal sign between them.
In part 1, Alvin is mentioned as the source (in the title of the quests), and in part 3 (in a letter), Jacob says that he has the Elder Blood. So who's right?

D
Dr.Zoomer 11.11.21

JOKERIVAN
You messed something up, sir. I didn’t say that Eredin wanted to kill Ciri. The book did not say in plain text that he wanted her, as you put it, to "fuck".

D
Dr.Zoomer 11.11.21

Wild Rider
This letter does not specifically say that he is a child of the elder blood. He decided it himself because of his abilities. Yakov’s words should not be taken seriously at all, because he's a visionary fanatic.

J
JOKERIVAN 11.11.21

Dr. Zoomer
In my opinion, you are trying to deceive the sir, since it was still in the book, I of course embellished it, they didn’t come up with something like Auberon, but there was a hint ..., I’m so lazy to look, and xs where, on there it was something like this, approximately, Eredin offered Ciri a ride, the two of them drove, either to the house, or to the gazebo, where Eredin suggested that she conceive him, they say Auberon is old, you go to him for several days, but his friend lets him down, and in general he is poison, poison him, to which Ciri said "NO", they rode to the distillation, and after a while she found out that the king of alders glued his flippers and ran away on a boat, something like this

N
Norman bates 11.11.21

Wild Rider
Alvin himself thought he was the carrier of the Gene. But he didn't know for sure. Alvin was just the Source. The Elder Blood is most pronounced in women. This was discussed at a meeting of the Lodge, which Ian attended.

W
Wild rider 11.11.21

Norman Bates
Just comes out and comes out the hardest - there are two big differences. It would be nice to find an excerpt on this topic.

Dr.Zoomer
In the saga and in 3 parts in the in-game book, the "destroyer of worlds" was also mentioned. And he could well have been a man (i.e. not an anthropomorphic White Cold) and have the Elder Blood. In addition, Sapkowski himself briefly describes the persecution of sorceresses and the hunt for "destroyers". A potential (see variability) destroyer could be Jacob. If it were not for the witcher, not only Vizima would have suffered from the destructive actions of Jacob.
http://waplib.org/Inostrannoe/S/Sapkovskiy_Andjey/Vedqmak_06/p140-s2500.html
Spoiler1) Excerpt from the in-game book: "What is the Elder Blood? Some consider it a terrible elven curse passed down from generation to generation. Those in whose veins the bad Hen Ichaer flows, carry death and destruction, instill hatred and pride in human hearts Itlina's prophecy says that it is from this tainted blood that the avenger, the great destroyer of peoples and worlds, will be born. "

2) An excerpt from the book "Itlina also foresaw the climatic changes (" white cold ") observed since the end of the XIII century, which superstitions have always revered as indications of the end of the world, and connects with the predicted coming of the Destroyer. The same passage from the Prophecy of Itlina gave rise to a shameful hunt on sorceresses (1272-1276) and led to the death of many women, mistaken for the embodiment of the Destroyer. "

3) From the link above. Tremble, for the One who will Destroy the Nations is near. He will trample your lands and measure them with a rope. And your cities will be destroyed and desolate. Bat, raven and owl will settle in your houses. And the serpent will nest in them. Aen Ithlinnespeath

N
Norman bates 11.11.21

Wild Rider
Here's a quote:
Spoiler— “I thought so,” Assire nodded. “Lara's gene can be continuously transmitted only through the female line. If the carrier is a man, the gene is reduced in the second, at most in the third generation.

“However, after that, it will probably still be activated,” said Philip Eilhart. - Adalia, in whom the "Lara gene" did not appear, was the mother of Calante, while Calante, Ciri's grandmother, was again the carrier of the "Lara gene."
And besides, if Alvin were really the bearer of the Elder Blood, then the Wild Hunt would no longer need Ciri. After all, Alvin is a god would have even greater abilities.

W
Wild rider 11.11.21

Norman Bates
Well, it doesn't say that this gene cannot be activated in males. It's just harder for them to pass this gene on and that's it.

"And besides, if Alvin were really the bearer of the Elder Blood, then the Wild Hunt would no longer need Ciri."
Apparently, something didn't work out with Alvin. Or the absence of a fight with DOs is recognized as non-canon (well, if you decide not to give Jacob to Eredin) as Thaler's death in 1 part. If Alvin is not a carrier of the gene, then why did the DO need him at all?
Well, the DO was generally strange in part 1. Eredin needed not Alvin himself, but his soul for some reason. How he manipulated the master and Geralt ("the ideal weapon of destruction" - Eredin's quote about Geralt) up to the hour x: before meeting in Jacob's illusion, so he tried to manipulate Ciri to drive her into the tower. And Eredin somehow knew that Alvin was Jacob.

N
Norman bates 11.11.21

Wild Rider
It says here that the gene is reduced in males. And if you look at the list of known carriers of the active gene, then they all turn out to be women.
The Wild Hunt will kidnap people. And Alvin is also the Source.
The first part is in itself strange, compared to the others, in terms of the connection between the plot and dates.

W
Wild rider 11.11.21

Norman Bates
"It says here that the gene is reduced in males."
The passage says that the gene is reduced in the second, third generation. I understand that if a woman with this gene only has a son, who will later start a family, and only a boy is born there, then the probability of this gene manifesting tends to zero. And yet, according to Philippa, even in this case, there is a chance that he will activate.

"The Wild Hunt will kidnap people. And Alvin is also the Source."
They kidnap people, but not their souls. Look on YouTube for the ending where Geralt gives Yakov's soul to DO. Eredin generally ordered Geralt to "do his duty", that is, kill the master. I have great suspicions that he was simply trolling Geralt with his "destiny" in the Suburbs, and it was evident that
If we take my interpretation of the plot and some conjectures about the "destroyer" as a basis (heh), then Eredin's act can be explained. Apparently, the king BEFORE was afraid of the Magister that he with his army of mutants would invade the world of Aen Elle. Maybe the soul of Jacob could be captured (I wonder how, if only some Gunther O'Dim is not hiding under the phantom of Eredin), without spending efforts on moving the living Master. (yes, the influence of the holy spirit of Jacob on genes is nowhere more ugly) Or maybe he did not know that Jacob was a carrier of the gene, and thought that he was just a source. Or maybe Yakov is really just a Source. But none of this explains why Eredin wanted to take Jacob's soul. In the book, as far as I remember, there were no ghosts at all. Geralt did not believe in them. They are in games,

"And if you look at the list of known carriers of the active Gene, they all turn out to be women."
It seems to me that as an exception, Alvin was singled out in this way. It's just strange to once again mislead the players (already with the Elder Blood) when Jacob was mentioned in part 3. For the first time, they misled some players when they didn't chew that Jacob was Alvin. Yes, it turns out that there are.

k
killerBD1 11.11.21

Wild Rider
I meant that in part 1 it was not said that he had the Elder blood, they only said that he was a very powerful Source, no more, and it seems to me that if he was the Elder blood, then the sorceresses would not let him go so for a lively great would have pocketed, as it was approximately in the book with Ciri when they made their plans for her, and therefore it seems to me that he only thinks that he has the Elder blood and that's it.
If my memory serves me, then it was the son of Ciri who should have become the destroyer and savior in one person, and therefore there was so much running around, but I'm not 100% sure. I need to reread and refresh my memory.
And by the way, if DO needed the body of Jacob / Alvin, then this would be understandable, because he could, as it seems to me, no worse than Caranthir, wander around the world with the help of teleports and jumping in time is also a sickly boost, and this in itself is no longer sickly because Caranthir was diligently taken out, but here is such a unique and why not take such a miracle for study, but if the soul then xs why do they need it.

W
Wild rider 11.11.21

killerBD1
"If he was of the Elder Blood, then the sorceresses would not let him go so for a lively cool, and they would have pocketed him, as it was about in the book with Ciri"
Ciri was born in what family and it is known when. The sorceresses, one might even say, planned her birth along with Avallacchus. They could not know anything about Alvin from the future (if we assume that he is from the future, this is not known for certain, but it seems that Alvin said in a tavern in the Suburbs that he does not remember his real parents)

"If my memory serves me, then a destroyer and savior in one person it was the son of Ciri who should have become "
It also seems to me that not just a descendant, but the son of Ciri, flashed in the book. But a destroyer and a savior rolled into one? Well, if you think so, then it might be the one who drove the elves out of this world. All this is speculation, of course.

"and here is such a unique"
DO just used Alvin for their own purposes, in the world of people. Maybe Eredin did not know that he had the Elder Blood, just during the next foray into our world / with the help of magic, Eredin discovered something that could not be: the same person in two copies at the same time interval. He became interested, well, and began to follow / manipulate him, while the rest of the elves (not in the form of avatars), together with Caranthir, were looking for Ciri in other worlds. At the same time, as I said, he trolled Geralt, who had escaped from DO.

Well, these are my assumptions. With the "soul" Alvin developed, of course, stumped. Eredin was made taciturn on this topic in 3 parts, either due to the fact that the developers realized that they had created a stupid system in the final of part 1, or because of the unwillingness to make a high-quality transfer of saves.

N
Norman bates 11.11.21

Wild Rider
The gene is activated if a girl is born.
The image of the Wild Hunt in the first part is distorted. Therefore, the abduction of the dksha, like the oraz itself, can be attributed to a mistake. I cannot find any other explanation.
I don't remember if ghosts were mentioned in the saga itself, but there are various spirits in Sapkowski's Bonstiary. Only the Wild Hunt are not spirits, and they cannot be spirits. They only hide behind legends about spirits. The one that Geralt saw in the first part is either a blooper from the developers, or Geralt's hallucinations.
With the elder Blood, the developers also confused the players. Alvvin is generally a strange character came out. And it is not really revealed and it is generally not clear why it is needed. Jacob alone could be dispensed with. And there would be fewer questions.

PS human sorcerers did not plan the appearance of Ciri. Since this experiment was abandoned by chance long before her birth. And even long before the birth of Calante.

W
Wild rider 11.11.21

Norman Bates
Blooper, most likely. Hallucinations are excluded (at least about the very appearance of the King of the Wild Hunt, the appearance of Abigail and other characters in the master's illusion are the consequences of drunk elixirs =), because remembered that one sorcerer in Darkwater had mentioned the Wild Hunt and their control over the spirits of the dead. Those. in fact, they wanted Jacob as a ghostly ally. Apparently, the writers themselves inattentively read the source (they did not understand that the Hunt is elves) and after angry letters changed the concept of this DO in the second part.
No matter how I tried to connect normally the first part with the rest, it did not work out. Pichalka.

"One could do with Jacob."
As a descendant of Ciri, he would have looked more interesting, it seems to me. But the fact that they forced him to babysit was in vain, of course, they did. Geralt already has his Purpose.

"Because they abandoned this experiment to chance long before her birth. And even long before the birth of Calante."
I don't remember this moment anymore.