3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bandana 11.11.21 10:55 pm

Game remaster (Diablo 2)

As you know, Blizzard started recruiting for remasters and other nonsense. I think the first remaster will be Rock n Roll Racing. What if D2 is remastered? There will only be a remaster or some additional things, like in d3, for example.
66 Comments
Sort by:
O
Obsessed 11.11.21

ramsilkin, I just lost faith that there will be updates here. ;WITH

h
hangover 11.11.21

Firstly, it is not clear where the infa about the remaster d2 comes from, there is not a single link in the topic about this event. Secondly, even if a remaster, then there is a possibility that the server part will be modified, which means that all "pirate" servers are in flight until someone does the reverse again. Well, and thirdly, it’s unlikely that everything will change dramatically in pg, it seems to me.

B
Bandana 11.11.21

hangover
First, are you so blind that in due time did not see the news that Blizzard opened vacancies? Second, pirate servers d2?

h
hangover 11.11.21

Bandana,
you are so blind that at one time you did not see the news that Blizzard opened vacancies
. Where was I supposed to see this? Did they publish them in the metro newspaper or did they throw them into my mailbox? And where does the vacancy? Vacancy "Diabetes 2 remasterer (experience from two years)" or what? There are no links, by the way, only crowing.
pirate servers d2?
Do you know how "pirate" is different from "pirate"? Unofficial, on which the software does not run from Blizzard.

Q
QLinkee 11.11.21

hangover
In general, in early November, the Blizzards posted a vacancy for "Senior Software Engineer, Classic Games" (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=1600060) (link, by the way , has changed, but the vacancy itself is not) so the November news leads to a non-existent vacancy). And it looks not like a remaster, but like a fix for a smooth launch on modern systems and hardware ("Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation").
Plus pcgamer.com asked the Blizzards about this vacancy, and they said, "We need engineers to help maintain our legacy games. We have a history of maintaining our games for many years. Our earlier games are still played and enjoyed today, so we want to continue to maintain them for those communities. We don't have anything else to share at this time. " That is, we are only talking about support, not about a remaster.
A couple of times I was told that Blizzards, they say, on the stream from Blizzcon said that they were doing the HD version, but I never got a link to the recording with this moment.

O
Obsessed 11.11.21

QLinkee, fall asleep, there is so much text in some incomprehensible language! (((
Croxy rubbed something for "HD version d2", where "everyone will dump from here", leaving the old firm in sadness and oblivion. ;-P

h
hangover 11.11.21

QLinkee
Well, that already looks like the truth.

B
Bandana 11.11.21

hangover
Without words

h
hangover 11.11.21

Bandana
?

f
firkax 11.11.21

Bandana,
you may not be aware of, but I will explain
you are on the official forum of the rubattle.net diablo 2 server, which is not supported by Blizzards, and therefore some stupid people consider it to be allegedly pirated (in fact, this is naturally not the case, so the hangover had the word in quotation marks). And he wanted to say that even if the Blizzards released some new version of d2, it’s not at all a fact that they will (immediately or at all) support it.

Еpiscop_moo 11.11.21

some stupid people consider him allegedly pirate.
Oh, since this is the case, I have long wanted to ask. And is it generally legal to keep a server for the game, not being, in fact, a blizzard? Kind of like competition for potential and quite real players, isn't it? Or is it on the principle "free for non-commercial use", that is, while the PG admins do not take money from us, you can play around?

G
Greenaa Morningstar 11.11.21

firkax
Why did you decide that it is original? It seems to me that the original should be considered what is on the off, and not here.

T
The boss 11.11.21

firkax the
drop of the runes is cut, it is just the original
Opa, where is this infa from?

O
Obsessed 11.11.21

And he wanted to say what a
hangover, learn how it should be! ; D

imAhead, well, actually, about the same and Croxy declared. I think, with a creak, I can squeak at night in such a d2, where there is no oppression by the firm. ;-) and most importantly, if notorious innovations are expected there (biosexuality has fallen, etc. ;-)).

B
Bandana 11.11.21

Episcop_moo
Thank you, you are more adequate

i
imAhead 11.11.21

p, s, Well, mx / bots will disappear, so off will become a pleasant platform for nerdiness.

h
hangover 11.11.21

Bandana is
more adequate to
What?

You never gave the link. QLinkee has already covered everything. No remaster is planned, only infrastructure support.

firkax
And he wanted to say that even if the Blizzards released some new version of q2, it’s not at all a fact that they will (immediately or in general) support it.
This is only part of what I have said. The first is that if there was information about the remake, then the adherents would have already shared the link. Plus, aggression to reasonable questions about the origin of hearing suggests that they have no evidence at the moment.

f
firkax 11.11.21

Episcop_moo
And this is generally legal ... It seems like competition
since when has competition become illegal?

Greenaa
Why did you decide that it was original? It seems to me that the original should be considered what is on the off, and not here.
original - the one that was previously
obvious that if something was changed in 2010, then in this particular comparison, what was before is the original, and what after is a modification of this original

h
hangover 11.11.21

firkax
since when did competition become illegal?
If you came up with an ax and patented it, you make them for everyone's joy, and then Ivan appears, who also began to make them. Could it be competition, or maybe a violation of the law? The question is, did you, as an inventor / creator / patent owner, forbid Ivan to make axes? As for q2, I am not aware of this.
original - the one that was before
And where did the year 2010 come from? Why is the original before 2010 and not before 2002 or 2016? Any version after 1.0 was a modification.

f
firkax 11.11.21

If you came up with an ax and patented it, the
idea of ​​a server for playing d2 on the network is not patented, and I think that according to Russian laws (and maybe not only) it cannot be patented in principle

. Where did the year 2010 come from? Why is the original before 2010 and not before 2002 or 2016? Any version after 1.0 was a modification.
just like that,
but in the context of comparing two versions - one with the old drop, the other with the new one, the original will be the one with the old one,
well, of course, for each change there will be its own pair of original-mods
and even version 1.0 - a modification to some kind of internal beta