3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bandana 11.11.21 10:55 pm

Game remaster (Diablo 2)

As you know, Blizzard started recruiting for remasters and other nonsense. I think the first remaster will be Rock n Roll Racing. What if D2 is remastered? There will only be a remaster or some additional things, like in d3, for example.
66 Comments
Sort by:
Q
QLinkee 11.11.21

>> Is it generally legal to keep a server for the game, not being, in fact, a blizzard?
Did you also notice that there was no answer to this question, but only some reasoning about the legality of competition? :) I

'll throw in more from EULA Diablo II (yes, yes, in an incomprehensible language):

3. Responsibilities of End User.
C. You are entitled to use the Program for your own use, but you are not entitled to:
(iii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Program or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in the network feature of the Program, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Program, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks without the prior written consent of Blizzard;

Better argue about what to count matchmaking services and communiction protocols.

f
firkax 11.11.21

QLinkee
You also noticed that the answer to this question was not
for those who do not know how to compare facts from previous messages and think independently, I give a chewed ready-made answer: yes, this is legal

. ):
Better argue about what to count matchmaking services and communiction protocols.
there is nothing to argue about, this point (as you thought) specifically prohibits the creation of third-party servers,
but the fact is that the quote is not from the laws but from the user agreement for game users,
1) which the creators of the server apparently are not and, accordingly, they are not at all side of what is written there
2) even if they were - violation of the user agreement entails a break in the user agreement (a more understandable example: connected the Internet, agreed to prepay it, did not pay - the Internet was turned off, the agreement was torn off or suspended until the violation was eliminated), and not in any way announcing someone criminal
3) there is a suspicion (but not sure) that this paragraph is generally invalid from the point of view of Russian laws

f
firkax 11.11.21

by the way, in the user agreement of the rubatl there is also such a clause

Q
QLinkee 11.11.21

firkax
>> for those who do not know how to compare facts from previous messages and think for themselves, I give a chewed ready-made answer: yes, this is legal
Here, just like that, thanks. Otherwise, they make me think on the Internet :(

n
ninada 11.11.21

And is it generally legal to keep a server for the game, not being, in fact, a blizzard?

No. The wow pirate servers were shutting down.

O
Obsessed 11.11.21

Simply put, I'll give a fuck about some kind of Rubatt server d2.

f
firkax 11.11.21

ninada heard the ringing and now retells
it would be better to answer at least these questions before retelling: 1) why pirate? 2) in which country? 3) what was the specific essence of the claims? 4) who eventually "closed" and why?
although I have a suspicion that he does not care, that he was not going to write anything on the case

n
ninada 11.11.21

The Central District Court of California ruled in the case of Scapegaming, also known as Alyson Reeves, which was brought against by Blizzard Entertainment in October 2009. Scapegaming was accused of building private World Of Warcraft servers that included microtransactions. Such actions are a violation of the EULA, and Blizzard regarded them as copyright infringement.

The court ruled: the culprit is obliged to pay $ 88 million, of which $ 3,053,339 for illegal profits, $ 63,600 for the services of lawyers and $ 85,478,600 for damages. Scapegaming can appeal the amount of the fine.

Еpiscop_moo 11.11.21

They were most likely closed due to microtransactions.

k
kibor_g 11.11.21

I think so, if pg took money as an official server, then with a probability of 100% blizzards would be sued, and so this is an ordinary pirate server. And there was there would not rubbed Firka, essentially it will not change !!! -)
the ps: if you show Firka Blizzard permission to use this resource (m), then I believe that this is not a pirate RESURSS!

f
firkax 11.11.21

what word did they come up with - "microtransactions" - what would not say "poor server with donate"

and if in the case, then I tried to find specific legal documents related to this case, it did not work out,
and from this brief information, we can say the following
1) country - not Russia and not even Europe
2) the essence of the claims and what exactly was admitted guilty is still not indicated (violation of the EULA and violation of copyright are completely different things, and if the first was, then the second was only "blizzards", from this text it is not clear on what grounds)
3) there is a financial component of the case, it is quite possible that the whole point was precisely in it and not at all in creating a server (indirect evidence of this - at the same time with this case there existed and still exist a bunch of wow servers that no one touched or does not touch, although this may be to the first point)

f
firkax 11.11.21

kibor_g
what are you talking about, what other resolution?
go see the definition of "pirate"

k
kibor_g 11.11.21

firkax
I think everything is not licensed to be pirated, and I should look for a definition of this word!
And the only such server is batle.net, and I say no matter how nonsense you are, this resource is pirated, well, at least Diablo 2 for sure !!

f
firkax 11.11.21

well then you have pirate arms, legs and head, because they are not licensed

O
Obsessed 11.11.21

kibor_g, don't argue. when he needs, the sources are sources, when he doesn't need them, they are delusional sources (bredoinf).

k
kibor_g 11.11.21

Obsessed
yes I'm in courses already! -)

M
Meowing 11.11.21

After such a fencing of the server, it is worth assuming that Firk is someone there, I wonder who? (carra)

O
Obsessed 11.11.21

Meowing, yes, no one. just coincided: the person is grounded in jurisprudence and loves to defend the truth. ;-) It's
sad that he is so radical against microtransactions. could an official extra work to spoil itself. "Tyrael's wings! will suit any character! usually 600, today for 300!". ;-)

f
firkax 11.11.21

Meowing to
assume that Firk is someone there, I wonder who the
main thing is, not to be a pig (link)
if for someone the situation on the link is the norm, well what can I say

O
Obsessed 11.11.21

Firk logged into the modern forum)) bye, posons! ; D
but I'm right .. ;-) and a fable in the case. ;-)