3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wolf-Mercenary 11.11.21 11:17 pm

Equipment Design (XCOM 2)

They will shower me now, but I will express my opinion that no one needs - I do not like the design of all equipment, except for the very first standard one, well, also an exoskeleton with a spider. It was the same in the original. The steep machine gun barrels are replaced by an incomprehensible rectangle with holes (1st upgrade), a good assault rifle and standard armor are transformed into something plastic and swollen (2nd upgrade).
There is no feeling that alien technology is really being adjusted to the standards of people and their familiar appearance, as it was in the Xenonauts. In which it can be seen that human engineers worked on the equipment drawings, and not fantasy lovers or alien agents: that the armor is really improved armor, and not anime clothes, and that the weapons are adapted and give the appearance of a firearm with a file.
Do not think - I really like both games, I am only depressed by this aspect.
26 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mr. Windows 11.11.21

Wait for the mods, maybe there will be someone who will please you.

E
Ecoban 11.11.21

Wolf-Mercenary I
totally agree, in the first part the armor options were more impressive. And here that 2 is 3 level, some kind of nonsense and a weapon of level 3, I did not understand sales first from which side it should shoot. We are waiting for mods

S
Shimuto 11.11.21

Agree. Standard military equipment is my favorite. (+ camouflage).

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 11.11.21

On the outside somehow do not care, but the research tree is again primitive. You can throw shit at me, but UFO: Aftershock in terms of research and production of weapons, special equipment, ammunition, armor three heads higher than XCOM and XCOM 2. Who played, he knows how to puff there in order to establish the production of ordinary Uzi and ammunition for it ... I'm just not talking about more advanced trunks.

B
Biboras 11.11.21

Wolf-Mercenary
It was already noticeable in Part 1. Okay, there the weapons and armor of the 2nd level were stylized for science fiction films of the 90s. Nostalgia, etc. But when the addon appeared with ridiculous sleeveless jackets for mutants, everything became clear. IEC level 3 looked especially ugly, although level 1 with a machine gun looked very impressive. This is a fundamental problem in the Firaxis art department. Just look at Beyond Earth and the addon. How many ugly factional units of those levels 3-4 are there, despite the fact that the initial ones look very harmonious. It seems that they have been working for so many years, but they have not learned to maintain a single style of filling the world.

B
Biboras 11.11.21

Marshal Talyan McKirby III
As far as I remember, there was a balance between firearms, laser and plasma. Everything could be used until the very end. In the same Silent Storm, it was unrealistically difficult to find charges to the plasma.

A
Alex Sazonov 11.11.21

Everything will be in the DLC, judging by the description for them, there will be even more options for customizing the fighters. So it was in the first part, after the release of the add-on ...

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 11.11.21

Biboras
Yes, the game could be played with a firearm. I even remember sending an assault group to the alien ship with firearms and distributing them to them. True, the whole team had RPGs, Barrets and RPDs.
Alex Sazonov
So I'm not talking about the number of weapons and armor, but about the process of obtaining them. In UFO: Aftershock, you first had to study the technology for producing simple firearms. Build a factory and collect guns on it. And the ammunition was collected in separate factories and for their production it was required to study technologies. I played about 7 years ago, and I still remember how I climbed to the fanatics at the location with ultrasounds and mr-5 for Barrets and all sorts of RPDs. And what a thrill he got from the fact that he snatched these guns from them, although they had a dozen cartridges on them. Xcom cannot give such emotions. Play this toy, if not a graffiti maker. Perhaps you will start to look at the strategic component of XCOM differently.

E
Ecoban 11.11.21

On the topic of the forum thread: several mods on the appearance of armor were released on the incentive. Some replace the textures of levels 2 and 3 of the main armor with 1 level (the most adequate) and another mod: no matter what armor is worn, in the accessories menu - arms, legs, torso, you can choose any armor from the game.

W
Wolf-Mercenary 11.11.21

Fully upgraded all armor. There is no longer any doubt that my engineers are alien agents, for no human expert would ever equip clandestine armor with gouging neon lights.
Nobody knows how to turn it off, or at least put a different color? I did not find it in the menus, but it really hurts my eyes.

D
Dexter Morgan 11.11.21

Yes, backlit armor has always been amusing. Honestly, even in the first part, the booking was upset, I thought it would be better in the second. Yeah, already 2 times. As already said in the Xenonauts, as in the old X-com of 94, but it was clear what people were doing for people. Even in the UFO trilogy, it was somehow better with this case. And here...

E
Elior 11.11.21

Wolf-Mercenary
for a very bright backlighting is the parameter in the graph where the checkboxes
like the light from the lens will not shine so brightly,

well, about costomization, everything is not so
for each type of armor, you can 5-6 and still everything comes down to a strip on the left or on the right
here are hats, yes you can have any , but until you investigate a certain type of armor in the menu, it will not appear
more or less similar that a hybrid of a human and an alien is metal armor,
well, but plastic, sorry)) this is already a strange level with developed factories and scientists, and not a roller coaster of saboteurs,
everything is perfectly fitted, which is not possible to do handicraft or in a small workshop

E
Elior 11.11.21

and this is not a backlight, but energy flows from the elerium, feeding and protecting

H
Hexogen 11.11.21

I agree, the problem is with the equipment. Look at how cool my fighter looked:

And look at what he turned into in power armor:

S
Skinny_Vamp 11.11.21

And square helmets are generally something with something!

z
z8TiREX8z 11.11.21

Wolf-Mercenary
I will not throw you, I will shake your hand, especially a complete crap with an exoskeleton, you need something along the steep, more massive, and the exo should be a gap between and not the final armor, and the guns and the armor itself for the mobs is a lot of steep look. Heavy guns are generally insipid, the minigun looked the best. The assault rifle with body kits looked even more or less.

z
z8TiREX8z 11.11.21

Marshal Talyan McKirby III
They just try to make games so that as many people as possible play it, so they simplify it to the impossible.

M
Maxim Gilev 11.11.21

I'm currently working on a mod in which I want to bring at least a weapon so that when it is swinging, steeper firearms open, and not energy / plasma / magnetic bullets. Is it necessary at all? I will take firearms of existing mods and bring them to different classes of weapons. It seems to me worth it?

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

z8TiREX8z
Look how the exoskeleton looks like in real life. And then write such nonsense.
As for t3 armor: well, yes, neon, of course, looks cool, but they missed the point about stealth)))
Although it's all fixable. For fans of severe armor, there is a mod that allows you to wear an Advent armor, by the way. The stats will be t3.

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

Maxim Gilev
Obviously not. Look, in the incentive Yar1D saws models of real guns. Then t2 will be engaged, and then t3. He's doing great. Magnetic cannons should look like a semi-tech (combination of technologies), so there is only an option there, or replace them with cannons from quake / half there. I see T3 only as Unreal tournament.
And firearms, pulsing stronger than plasma ... it's not even lorno, not that stupid.