3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wolf-Mercenary 11.11.21 11:17 pm

Equipment Design (XCOM 2)

They will shower me now, but I will express my opinion that no one needs - I do not like the design of all equipment, except for the very first standard one, well, also an exoskeleton with a spider. It was the same in the original. The steep machine gun barrels are replaced by an incomprehensible rectangle with holes (1st upgrade), a good assault rifle and standard armor are transformed into something plastic and swollen (2nd upgrade).
There is no feeling that alien technology is really being adjusted to the standards of people and their familiar appearance, as it was in the Xenonauts. In which it can be seen that human engineers worked on the equipment drawings, and not fantasy lovers or alien agents: that the armor is really improved armor, and not anime clothes, and that the weapons are adapted and give the appearance of a firearm with a file.
Do not think - I really like both games, I am only depressed by this aspect.
26 Comments
Sort by:
M
Maxim Gilev 11.11.21

Mercurionio
By lore, we just take alien technology. What prevents "developing your own"? And you can always make some kind of alternative, for example: a fire machine gun deals damage similar to a plasma one, but has, for example, 1 clip, higher critical chance and lower accuracy. Etc. As soon as the editor is released, it will be possible to try, I think.

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

Maxim Gilev
By lore, we adapt alien technologies to ours. This is written about in the texts of scientific breakthroughs and tryndit Shen in commercials.
Develop your own? So, wait a minute, ....... I just fell out of my chair laughing. Those. You propose to engage in domestic developments in a state of partisan war without having any scientific basis for technological breakthroughs, bright minds not only have to find, but also get them out of the clutches of Advent, escaping from the aliens and pondering where to hit. At the same time, there is an Advent magnetic rifle at hand, which Taigan has been sawing for a month for the needs of Xcom, modernizing it for more efficient and safe use by soldiers. This he DOES FOR A MONTH with the help of a pack of scientists. Now figure out how much he'll do this solo with a piece of paper in his pocket? Develop your own? Seriously? Have you even read the text? Yes, even armor, it describes the moment that the metal of the aliens is several times superior in combat parameters to earthly counterparts.

M
Maxim Gilev 11.11.21

Mercurionio
Slow down, huh? I offer options for fitting into ENT. You can think about it. But throwing aggressive remarks is not worth it. I just want to play the way I feel comfortable. And that's all. And he asked if there are like-minded people.

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

Maxim Gilev
I do not forbid you to look for like-minded people. It's just your "strange Xcom these". I substantiated the inaccuracy of this statement. That's all business.

z
z8TiREX8z 11.11.21

Mercurionio
Man, in life there are no aliens that attack the planet and capture it, there are no portable plasma weapons. I know what an exoskeleton looks like. All the same, we are playing a game and not in real life, and comparison is not appropriate here. So stop writing such nonsense. Loading mods is absurd, at least for me in this game. I repeat, hunting is something massive, the exoskeleton is something unfinished, it should have been a gap between the second armor and the third. There also had to be a new generation of armor, even if T4. In T3 armor, even the helmet is not about anything, and the neck is completely open.

h
harvat50 11.11.21

Can anyone know how to do it so that the fighters you create yourself are the first to be loaded. (At the start)