3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GG4 11.11.21 11:22 pm

Is it worth starting. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The question for those who played the raw version and the latest, is it worth starting to play? Seems to have earned the Game of the Year award. I think at least I will not lose my impressions of the initial versions of the game with a bunch of bugs and without added features and new dialogues. I didn't watch the video on the game, I only watched the number of patches, it seems like the last one has already come out and now I'm thinking of starting to go through.
42 Comments
Sort by:
K
Ku6ep3aDpoT 11.11.21

GG4
Is it worth starting.

I will say this, the game turned out to be excellent, this level is the RPG genre, no one has ever done it, but still there is one but. The Witcher series of games is a continuation of the series of books by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. Before starting the games, I would recommend reading the books, which are also quite delivery. Just a person who has not read, will not be able to understand much in the game series, since there is a fairly decent number of dialogues in which there are references to various events and characters that are directly related to the events in the game itself. And to get acquainted with the universe and its heroes, to understand what, or rather who connected the fate of Geralt and Ian, and most importantly because of whom =), as well as to find out that Triss's body is mutilated and what others see is just illusion, as well as because of these events she received the nickname 14th from the hill. About the events in connection with which Geralt always got into all possible stories, etc. The bottom line of all the above is written as follows, those who have not read the series of books are recommended before starting the game.

a
arinr 11.11.21

To play now or not is primarily a matter of time. It takes a long time to play with taste. If you have time, play now, have a lot of fun. The last addition will be released - play on a new one and there will be even more impressions. There will be something to compare with.

S
San226 11.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
"No, you are just crazy ..."

No, if you spread diagnoses so easily here, can you identify the symptoms?

A
Aenmutus 11.11.21

Even I played without problems from the first minute of the release, and only encountered a couple of bugs (which are generally due to future patches and DLC quests).

S
San226 11.11.21

BlackNigerSofa
And what, I just said that the game takes a lot of time. It's just that it will take 60 hours to run on the plot - it's not a little, and this must be taken into account ... The author of the forum cannot decide how he will use his free time, but in the same 60 hours a lot of things can be done ... so in some way the decision to play affects life ...
Quite a sober assessment on my part, no?

N
Noob Inquisitor 11.11.21

GG4
Definitely worth it. You will not regret.

s
scorpion989 11.11.21

It's worth starting to play

S
SP-minus 11.11.21

with patch 1.12, everything already works fine, it's a pity only the curve system with elixirs and fistfight is already incorrigible

c
cayenne_228 11.11.21

I advise you to go through the first part first. Graphics and animation may repel, then put hd textures, and the animation is actually good, you quickly get used to it. Then the second, which is relatively short, and then the third. As soon as you go through everything, blood and wine will come out

A
Aleksandr2242 11.11.21

SP-minus
What about Russian localization? Did they do anything to her?

S
SP-minus 11.11.21

Aleksandr2242

what's wrong with her? I really only started playing in January, incl. I just heard about poor optimization and glitches, everything seems to be fine with localization

P
Playersaharan 11.11.21

SP-minus
It's about deceleration and acceleration, I guess. I will say this, they are now not so noticeable + in the quests from the Stone Hearts they are not at all, but nevertheless in the game there are still slowdowns and accelerations of the Persians

A
Aleksandr2242 11.11.21

SP-minus
Speech acceleration and deceleration of characters, have you noticed this?

S
SP-minus 11.11.21

Aleksandr2242

rarely but happens, but this cannot be fixed

A
Aleksandr2242 11.11.21

Playersaharan, by the
way, I don’t know how it is now, but in hearts of stone there was also one jamb in the voice acting, when in the tomb you talk with the von Everek family, Geralt had one unvoiced phrase, of course this is a trifle compared to the problems that are in the original game, but that's all it was not very pleasant either.

M
Man of mystery 11.11.21

The game is excellent, it is definitely worth playing

P
Playersaharan 11.11.21

Aleksandr2242
Well, in the original, Geralt also had one phrase that was not voiced. But, as you correctly noted, this is a trifle that you will forget about in a few minutes

S
SP-minus 11.11.21

on the other hand, you don't have to start playing, one scale of the game does not compensate for outright bloopers,
all the more unpleasant because for almost a year the game was brought to mind, but stupid fights and a rod from all tasks are

especially funny when one and the same monster with one level can be soaked in seconds and you can fuck a minute to no avail

g
gerupt 11.11.21

In patch 1.10, we added texts for Triss and Yennefer, which deepen the perception of these characters. So it is necessary to play unambiguously with patches and DLS.

Of the bugs of the first versions, I specifically encountered only the known bug with two-dimensional bombs. and it was unpleasant PPC. hours 6 of the game flew into the pipe.

The bottom line of all the above is written as follows, those who have not read the series of books are recommended before starting the game.
In real life, it looks like this: passed the game> read> passed the game again :)))

B
Black daimond 11.11.21

Definitely worth it!
I advise you to first go through the main game, then the first DLC, then wait for the second. And then wait for the improved version, which includes all DLC and improvements, and start a NEW GAME +. And yes, play exclusively on the last difficulty level. Something like this.